Chapter 8

Acci-Dental Love

Chapter 8

 

 

It’s been almost a week since Taeyeon had a conversation with her brother. They haven’t had the chance to talk lately since he’s busy attending conferences. The last update she had concerning that woman was her brother finally agreed to meet her for a quick brunch since he’s very busy. Taeyeon’s brother called her after that meeting and told her that the woman only wanted to get some news about Taeji. And now Taeyeon’s beginning to feel restless since that last conversation didn’t end up well.

 

“And you told her how Taeji’s been doing all these years? Oppa are you out of you mind? How could you just easily tell her about Taeji’s life?!”

 

“What do you want me to do Taeyeon? She asked! I can’t just simply ignore her and for Christ’s sake she’s still the mother! She still has the…”

 

“Stop right there Oppa! No she don’t! She threw all the rights she has for your daughter the moment she decided to leave her own child! She now has no right to even say her name! What’s more to ask how she had been all these years like she really cares! Oppa ALL THESE YEARS! After all these years she’s finally strutting back into our lives! Like there’s nothing happened! She destroyed us for Christ’s sake Oppa!” Taeyeon was almost screaming on her phone.

 

“But she just wanted to know how well Taeji’s been doing lately.”

 

“Oppa wake up! Don’t get yourself be deceive by her again!”

 

“Are you telling me that I’m stupid for believing in her before?”

 

“No Oppa that’s not what I meant! Are we seriously going back at that again? Please! All I’m saying is that she’s trying to do something!”

 

“No, that’s what you clearly wanted to say. You never told me before what do you really think. I’m sorry for hurting you! I’m sorry for being such a fool! I’m sorry for everything!”

 

“Oppa please stop! How many times do I have to tell you that I was already over her that time. It was her, it was all her fault! She’s crazy! She tried to get you to get back at me thinking that I still wanted her! Please Oppa we already talked about this before. I’m sorry if I yelled at you it’s just that we’re talking about Taeji in here.”

 

“I’m sorry too Taeyeon! I must have been too stressed out lately with works and with her constantly ringing my phone blasting my inbox with messages. I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m sorry too Oppa! But why is she still bothering you after that lunch? Tell me what else happened Oppa.”

 

“Sorry Taengoo but I need to go now my boss is calling out for me. Gonna call you again when I can! Bye baby sis! Kiss Taeji for me!”

 

“Oppa wait!” The line was already cut off before Taeyeon could even utter another word.

 

‘I’m sure that woman is planning something! It was almost like before. Please God don’t let her do anything bad to my family again. Especially to Taeji, I can’t let that woman hurt her.” Taeyeon prayed so hard.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taeyeon was staring blankly at her phone again. She’s been waiting for her brother’s call but still nothing is happening.

 

“Hey Taeng! Got you some work to keep you distracted for a while! I know how much you love numbers!” Yuri came in to her office while waving a couple of folders in her hands.

 

“Great I need those right now. Maybe I could vent out my anger to those numbers!” She greeted her friend with a small smile.

 

“Still no news from Jiwoong oppa about that woman?” Taeyeon just shook her head to answer Yuri.

 

“Can’t believe that she’s back after all these years and we’re all left blinded to what she was planning to do.” Yuri sat in front of Taeyeon’s table after handling her the folders and sighs for her friends problems.

 

Taeyeon just started to look into the files and began to some math for their business.

 

“Just don’t forget that we’re all here for your whole family Taeng. Okay?!” Yuri sincerely said before getting up from her chair.

 

“I know Yul. And thanks!”

 

Taeyeon was already finished with her work when her cellphone rang. She took it and saw her mother’s name on the screen and answered the call quickly.

 

“What’s up Umma? Need anything?”

 

“Taeyeon!” Her mother’s panicky voice heightened her senses in an instance.

 

“What’s wrong? What happened?”

 

“Taeji! Taeji! She… she…”

 

“Umma calm down please! Breathe in and out! Slowly tell me what happen.”

 

“She fell from the chair and hit from the table’s counter! We tried to put some ice into but her gums won’t stop from bleeding! I’m taking her to Happy Smile Clinic! Let’s meet there!”

 

“Umma wait!” Before Taeyeon could even finish her sentence her mother already cut off the line.

 

“Seriously! People in this family just love to cut me off!” Taeyeon then hurriedly grabbed her car keys and wallet as she gets out of her office.

 

 “Yuri! be out in a bit! Emergency!” She shouted

 

“What happened Unnie?”

 

“Taeji hit on the table. Umma says it won’t stop bleeding! Were meeting at Dr. Hwang’s clinic.”

 

“What?! Unnie I’m coming with you! Let me drive.” Yoona followed her.

 

“Go you two, I’ll take of the studio and the café with Hyo. Don’t forget to call us later!” Yuri just watched as her two friends run out to Taeyeon’s car and drive away.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taeyeon and Yoona run towards the clinic’s door with worried faces. The moment they entered Taeyeon’s eyes search for her mother and Taeji but got scared when she didn’t saw them.

 

“Juhyun has my niece came her with an elderly lady, my mother?! She was a bit frantic, I guess she didn’t read what kind of clinic this is but are they here?!” Taeyeon frantically asked the younger girl the moment she got near the assistant’s table.

 

“Unnie you can relax now! They’re here and Tiffany unnie is already attending to Taeji they’ll be finished soon I just checked a moment ago.”

 

“Thanks God she’s okay!”

 

“Just take a seat first Unnie. I’ll go end check again.”

 

“Thanks Juhyun.” Taeyeon thank the other with a smile and finally relaxed on the couch with Yoona trailing beside her.

 

Soon, Juhyun came out again from the main clinic with a smile on her face. She approaches the two girls on the waiting area and joined them.

 

“They’re about to be done Unnie.”

 

“Is she okay Juhyun?”

 

“Yep, no more crying like from earlier, although I must admit this one is quite a bit much than before.”

 

“Why? What do you mean?”

 

“Unnie has to stitch a small part of Jiji’s gum to close the cut and to stop the bleeding. It’s not that serious so you can be rest assured that everything’s okay now.” Taeyeon sigh a relieve breath as she smiled a bit at Juhyun.

 

“Juhyun why is your clinic quiet today?” Yoona couldn’t help herself she was dying to ask the other why did they entered a very quiet clinic without any patient.

 

“Were usually close during Mondays because it our day off.” She answered.

 

“What? Today’s supposed to be your day off then why are you open today? Don’t tell me you just opened the clinic just for us? And my mother wasn’t even to supposed to bring Taeji here but to the hospital. My god!”

 

“Well kinda… but its okay Unnie! Were just only hanging around the house, so it’s okay. You’re mother sounds really worried at that time. Tiffany unnie didn’t need to think twice. It’s okay.” Juhyun tried to convince Taeyeon that it was really fine since she saw how uncomfortable the older girl has become after knowing that the clinic was supposed to be closed today.

 

The three girls waited until the clinic’s door open and Taeyeon’s mother came out carrying a non-energetic kid in her arms. Taeyeon abruptly stood up to her mother and took the little girl in her arms.

 

“Are you okay baby?” Taeyeon worriedly asked the little girl whose lips are a bit swollen and red. The little girl just nuzzled her head on the crook of Taeyeon’s neck and lay there quietly.

 

“Okay baby you rest a bit! Mama will just carry you till we get home!” She gently rub the little girl’s back to somehow soothe any pain and discomfort she feeling at the moment.

 

“Thank you so much Dr. Hwang!” Taeyeon heard her mother’s voice thanking Tiffany and turned around to see the dentist walking out of the clinic.

 

“It’s nothing Mrs. Kim! It was my job.” She watched as Tiffany flashed her very own eyesmile to her mother who seems to be pleased with the smile Tiffany has given to her.

 

Taeyeon walked to them and stopped beside her mother. “Thank you Dr. Hwang! Really, I’m so thankful to you and Juhyun! Your clinic is closed today but still you treated Taeji! Thank you so much!” She would have bowed to Tiffany to show her sincere gratefulness but since she’s carrying the now peacefully sleeping Taeji in her arms she just smiled at the latter with all sincerity.

 

“It was really nothing Taeyeon. It’s part of my profession but if it could ease you, you’re welcome!” Now it’s her turn to receive that smile that she haven’t seen in weeks and couldn’t help but to suddenly feel better.

 

“Omo! Your off duty today but still take us to your clinic!” Taeyeon’s mother suddenly exclaimed.

 

“Yes mother! And Dr. Hwang’s clinic is a dental clinic! You’re supposed to bring Taeji at the hospital’s emergency ward! You didn’t wait for me to…” Taeyeon was again cut off by her mother’s hand waving in front of her face telling her to shut up.

 

“I’m so sorry for interrupting your rest day Dr. Hwang! And I didn’t get to fully read that emergency list of hospital slash clinic my stupid daughter put up in the fridge and just automatically dialed your clinic’s number!” Tiffany fought her urge to laugh when she saw Taeyeon’s pissed off face then embarrassed face next when her mother suddenly cut her off.

 

“I need to make up for this! Let me treat you and this lovely assistant of yours a dinner! At our house! Please Dr. Hwang!” Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she heard what her mother just asked to Tiffany. Taeyeon was thinking how her mother could easily ask Tiffany for a meal as easy as that when she herself couldn’t get to do it.

 

“You don’t have to Mrs. Kim! I- we don’t want to burden you!” Tiffany tried to refuse since she feels shy about the idea of having dinner at their home.

 

“No Dr. Hwang! I insist! I’ll cook you a very delicious meal!”

 

“But I didn’t bring my car with me!” Tiffany retort to lame excuses now.

 

“Aw that’s lame! But that’s okay! Taetae you brought your car?” Mrs. Kim immediately sensed Tiffany’s hesitation on accepting her dinner invitation. She needs to think and act fast in order to at least get to know better about the young dentist. Call it a mother’s intuition because yes, she definitely could see and feel it all.

 

“Uhm yes Umma.” Mrs. Kim smiled as she saw how easily her daughter fidgets on her feet.

 

“Good! We’ll fit in Taetae’s car! And I’ll have her bring you and Ms. Juhyun back to your respective apartment after! Let’s go!” The four of them watch in wide eyes as they saw the elderly woman march out of the clinic.

 

“Sorry about that Dr. Hwang! My mother could be pretty stubborn at times. But don’t worry I will drive you and Juhyun back home later.” Taeyeon shyly smiled at Tiffany.

 

“And Auntie’s cooking is really tasty! Boy! I knew that it’s a good decision to come with you Taeyeon unnie! I’ll get to eat your mother cooking! It’s been a while!” Yoona happily clap her hands like a little kid.

 

“Yeah Yoona! Since you’ll eat a lot tonight! You will drive for us again! Taeji is now sleeping I can’t give her to Umma she’s gotten heavy!”

 

“I could carry her!” Taeyeon surprisingly looked at the voluntary raising hand of Tiffany.

 

“But she’s heavy Dr. Hwang!”

 

“Just give Jiji to Tiffany unnie! Actually I don’t feel like driving today! You don’t want me to mess up right? Since Jiji is on-board not to mention Aunty, Ju…” Yoona just smiled when Taeyeon bought her lame excuse.

 

“Enough Im Yoona! Fine! Uhm you can take her now.” Taeyeon gently transferred the sleeping Taeji into the waiting arms of Tiffany. The little girl stirred a little when she felt the sudden movements but instantly relaxed in the new arms that are holding her.

 

Taeyeon unknowingly smiled when she saw how easily at ease her little girl is in Tiffany’s arm. While Tiffany, in the other hand, is quite nervous carrying the little girl afraid that she might just suddenly drop her or might be holding her to tight but still tried to hold her securely and carefully and smiled when she felt tiny arms slowly snuggling into her neck.

 

But unknown to the two smiling girls to themselves, there are other three pair of eyes that are intently looking at them, one with curiosity, one with shrill joy and one with complete amazement.

 

Taeyeon was about to start the engine when stopped on her track as she remembered something suddenly.

 

“Wait! Did my mother just called me by my stupid childhood nickname?” Her eyes went wide and her cheeks suddenly felt hot as it finally sink into her that her nickname was just blurted out in front of Tiffany. The car was then filled with laughter when Taeyeon tries to hit her head to the poor stirring wheel.