Chapter 16

Acci-Dental Love

Chapter 16

 

A half-awake Taeyeon searched for her ringing cellphone. Her hands automatically slid under her pillow to get the device. She jolted straight up when she can’t feel it and it’s been ringing for a while now she’s afraid that Tiffany might drop the call soon.

“Aish where did it fell?” When her feet landed on the floor she felt something cold almost touched her sole.

“Oh my god! I almost stepped on it!” She then hurriedly slides the call button missing the name of the caller.

“Hi my Fany! Good morning!” Taeyeon’s voice was chirpy, she almost cringed to herself because of the way she’s too hyper in the morning when she’s not even a morning person since the beginning of time.

“Sorry this is not your Fany! But WOW! Never thought you could be so lively so early in the morning baby sis! Just when I thought I would earn at least a hiss from you for waking you up so early in the morning with a phone call.”

“Oppa! What the?! I thought it was… Aish never mind… I’m now awake, so?! Did you get my message?”

“I wouldn’t be calling you first thing in the morning in your time zone if I’m not…”

“Yeah.”

“So, what did Jinah do at your café’s anniversary dinner party? Did she disrespect our parents again? Did she try to hurt my Taeji?”

“She did say’s something’s to Appa and Umma but most of hurled words are towards me and Tiffany. And thanks God she didn’t get to come near Taeji because of Yoona and Tiffany, our baby is so scared the whole night. She cried for an hour non-stop.”

“My God! Is she crazy? Her actions might have traumatized my daughter! I thought I made myself clear with her the last time we talked! And I thought she wouldn’t do something like that!”

“Like what Oppa?”

“Her coming back to Korea! She told me that she just wants to know how Taeji has been doing and that she hopes that my daughter is well and being taken care of. She looks so sincere and all. I should have known better.”

“What? She asked you that? The nerve of that woman is really something!”

“Yes that she is. And I told her that we took very good care of my daughter and that you even treat her as your own.”

“And then?”

“Then she says that that’s good to hear.”

“That’s it? that’s all Oppa?”

“Yes. That’s all we’ve talked about during that short brunch we had. Sorry I didn’t had time to tell you all that sooner. Because based on our previous talk, she doesn’t really seem to be planning on showing herself to you and the rest of our family. Let alone say that she wants my daughter back. For a moment back there I thought she really does misses Taeji and actually care for her.”

“Maybe she purposely made you believed that she’s not planning to take Jiji so she’ll be able to surprise us.”

“Yeah.”

“Oppa. I’m sorry I didn’t mean it in any way.” Taeyeon sensed that she might have accidentally offended her brother with her comment and apologized instantly.

“Taeng, you don’t always have to apologize to me whenever I feel like this. It’s just the way I feel and honestly I really do feel like a for always instantly believing in her and not seeing her real motive right on the spot. I’m such a weakling. Without you and our parents, I wouldn’t know what would happen to Taeji.”

“Oppa, you’re not weak! Please stop saying that! Jinah just happens to be good at manipulating people. If you’re weak then I’m also just the same because I also fell for her manipulation before. She’s just trying to control you, she’s trying to use your kindness once again and this time she’s doing this to get Taeji away from us.”

“That will never happen Taeng! That will never ever happen!”

Taeyeon heard the absolute finality in her brother’s voice and she felt at ease and more secured not just for herself but for also for their family’s precious little girl.

“Look, I gotta go. I just had a free time so I called you, I’m trying to convince my boss to shift me back to Seoul. I need to make a good impression so he’ll let me. Wish me luck baby sis so I could finally come home to all of you!”

“Okay then good luck Oppa! We will be waiting for you! Take care!”

“Thanks Taengoo! Kiss Jiji for me! and also Umma!”

“Okay Oppa! Hey how about Appa?”

“Well… if you can give him a kiss then give my kisses to him too.”

“Oppa! You know I can’t!” Taeyeon instantly smiled as she heard her brother’s laughing on the other line.

“Hahaha I know! Just a simple hug will do for Appa since we both know that Jiji is the only one he like getting his kisses these days.”

“You said. Okay hang up now Oppa. Call me again when you’re free.”

“Bye Tae!”

Taeyeon press the end call button when she heard the other line finally went off. After the conversation she had with her brother she really felt much better.

‘I hope Oppa’s boss would let him to come back home earlier than planned. Taeji really needs him right now’ Taeyeon silently prays to God.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The last three weeks has been smooth sailing to Taeyeon and Tiffany’s relationship and so far Taeyeon and her whole family hasn’t receive any bad news from their most unwanted person. So, overall Taeyeon was in a very great mood, Tiffany never fails to make her day more special. She really felt happy and blessed everyday with Tiffany and Taeji in it.

“Morning baby! What’s your breakfast?” Taeyeon kissed her daughters cheeks and still asked what she’s having although she already knows what the little girl is having.

“Pancake! Morning Mama!” The little girl threw her a flying kiss since the kid’s lips is covered with syrup.

Taeyeon acts to catch the kiss and smiled. “Thanks for the kiss baby!”

“Umma, are you sure you can take Taeji to school then pick her up later? I can go out later to fetch her, it’s really no big deal.”

“No, I know you kids are quite busy preparing for your second store, I can manage to take Jiji to school and actually I’m planning on staying there to watch her it’s only for a couple of hours, I’m just going to observe my granddaughter at school and see her progress myself.”

“Umma!” Taeyeon was shocked with her mother’s plan.

“What?”

“You’re planning to guard Taeji the whole morning?”

“No I’m not guarding her, I’m gonna watch over my granddaughter, what’s wrong with that? It’s only for a couple of hours and I already called their principal to ask if it’s okay and he told me its fine. So, I don’t see anything wrong with it.”

“Umma, you know parents are not allowed inside the class what more grandparents. They’re teaching the kids to be familiar with school away from their parents you being there might agitate the other kids. Please don’t use your friendship card with Uncle Jo.”

“I know that, I won’t be inside the classroom I promise! Seho promised to tour me around to pass the time. So relax, will you?”

“Fine mother! Do what you want! Just call or text me if there’s an emergency.”

“I know, I know!”

“Okay I’m done, gotta go! Bye Umma! Bye Baby!” Taeyeon kissed both her mother and Taeji as she bid them goodbye.

“Bye Mama! See yah!” Taeyeon smiled hearing the little girl’s choice of word.

“Where do you learn that new word baby?”

“Aunty Fany!” The little girl proudly answer.

“You’re learning a lot of new words huh.”

“Yep Mama, Aunty Fany also thought me this.” Taeyeon burst out laughing when Taeji tried to mimic Tiffany’s eye smile.

“Hahaha baby you don’t need to copy your Aunty Fany’s smile, your smile is pretty just the way it is!”

“Hmmmmp.” Taeji pouts and Taeyeon can’t help herself but to kiss the kid’s pouting lips.

“Aw~ look at that! See, you’re so cute! I would love to play with you more but too bad Mama has to go to work now!”

“Hmmmmp fine Mama needs to work for Jiji! But later we’ll play okay?!”

“Okay baby we’ll play later! I’ll help you with your assignments then we’ll play!”

“Promise?!” The little girl asked while holding up her pinky towards Taeyeon.

“Promise.” She took the little pinky and let hers hook with it.

“Okay now seal it Mama.” Taeyeon smiled her little girl is surely growing up so fast. Now she knows how to hold her in her tiny hands to make her do things for her.

“Alright alright here I’ll seal it!” A loud smacking sound was heard when Taeyeon kissed the pouting lips of the little girl. After that the little girl was smiling brightly at her mother.

“Okay now you may go! Bye Mama! Love you!”

Taeyeon’s smile was plastered to her face for all the time she drove from their home to their studio café.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Morning guys! Am I late?” She looked around and greeted all her friends one by one with a smile.

“Nope, you’re just in time Unnie. Sunny unnie is just five minutes earlier than you.” Yoona informed Taeyeon as she placed a glass of juice in front of the older girl.

“Ah. Thanks Yoong!”

“You’re really in a great mood lately! At this rate we needed to throw a party or something for Tiffany for making you always in the mood! It really helps our daily life much easier and this prep for branching out is running smoother than the first one because you’re such in a great mood!” Hyoyeon cheekily commented on her friend’s behavior. It really makes her happy just to see Taeyeon in happy mood. 

“What makes you guys think that I’m in a great mood just because of Fany?” She asked her friends while throwing them a huge grin at the same time.

“Duh?!” The four friends said in union to answer Taeyeon’s question.

“Fine fine, but it’s not just Fany okay?! There’s also Taeji, my umma and appa, you guys and our new friends too. All of you really make me happy!”

“Thanks for the cheesy confession Taeng but no thanks! Just save your cheesiness to Tiffany and spare us please!”

“Look at this ungrateful bunny! When I’m being nice to all of you, you don’t like it. When I’m being emo and all you also don’t like. What am I suppose to be then huh?!”

“Of course we don’t like you when you go all emo on us! Whose friend would like that huh? But hey it’s not like we don’t like the cheesiness that you are now it’s just that it’s so uh! So please spare us Taeng!” Yuri told Taeyeon.

“Then why are you guys ganging up on me?”

“No unnie this is not ganging up on you we’re just… hmmm how do I’ll say it?”

“Say it Yoong.”

“O-kay we like ganging up on you because no matter what we say or do to tease you right now, you just won’t snap at us for doing it Hahahaha! You’re totally so into Tiffany unnie! I’m so happy for the two of you!”

“Aw thanks Yoong! Although you just admitted that you guys purposely gang on me! I’ll just let you go this time!” Taeyeon grins at the younger girl who copied her and now the two of them are grinning like drunken idiots.

“Oh gosh Taeng your totally is so into Tiffany! We’re gonna wait and see on how you’ll be a totally whipped girlfriend to her in the next few months!” Sunny happily said. Taeyeon’s friends are so happy to see her this way.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hello Aunty! How have you been?” A guy in his early thirties politely bowed at Mrs. Kim.

“Oh hi Seho! I’ve been good! Thank you for accompanying me around your school today!”

“It’s my pleasure Aunty and Appa personally asked to accompany you.” Mrs. Kim smiled back at the smiling guy in front of her.

“Still as sweet as ever! So how’s your training in running your father’s school? I hope he’s not giving you a hard time.” Seho chuckled at Mrs. Kim question.

“So far he’s teaching me nicely Aunty!”

“Then that’s good to hear! Tell me when he’s giving you a hard time then it’ll be my turn to help you out okay?”

“Thanks Aunty! I’ll remember that! So, where do you want to start our little tour?”

“Hmmm can we start at our Taeji’s classroom?”

“I figure you would like to start there first, Shall we?” Seho ushered Mrs. Kim to the direction of Taeji’s classroom and the giddy grandmother followed delightfully.

Mrs. Kim along with Jo Seho watch the little children actively participate inside the classroom. The proud grandmother instantly smiled as she saw how cheerful her little precious as she follows the singing and dancing of her teacher.

‘Our little baby is so full of happiness! I’m so happy just seeing you like this every day! My only wish for you my grandchild is to always stay this way. Happy and healthy’ Mrs. Lim wiped the corner of her eyes as she thinks about her granddaughter.

“Seho.” Mrs. Kim gently called the son of her bestfriend.

“Yes Aunty?”

“I know it’s too much of a favor to ask you and your father this. But I hope you’ll help me.”

“Aunty, Appa already told me. And for me it’s not really much of a favor. We’re family. And families help and protect one another. So, be rest assured Aunty! Please also tell Uncle, Jiwoong and Taeyeon.”

“Thank you so much Seho! Please also tell your appa my thanks.”

Mrs. Kim continues to watch her granddaughter from the tiny glass window of the nursery’s classroom. The middle aged grandmother didn’t mind the all the time she has been standing there, for she find their little one amusing as she plays with her classmates.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

In the corner of the long hallway of stood a figure that’s purposely hiding itself to anyone to see. That figure belongs to no other than Im Jinah aka Taeji’s biological mother. From where she’s hiding, she stealthily looks at Mrs. Kim as she walks around with Jo Seho the new principal of Taeji’s school.

‘What are they talking about? I really couldn’t hear from here. And I can’t get any closer to them for that old hag would definitely see me!’

Jinah silently and stealthily again followed the two as they begun walking again.

‘Where are they going again? Can’t they just go to where that kid’s classroom is so I could know where to find her next time! Damn this old woman is really always in my way!’

She threw a venomous glare to the unknowing grandmother. Jinah’s face jerked up when she finally saw the two people she’s been following already halted and stopped at one of the classroom doors.

‘Well well, finally! You brought to where I came from. I already got what I want to know for now! I’ll be back for you little kid! And your hag of a grandmother or your stupid trying hard to be mother won’t be able to stop me next time!’ Jinah then turned around and started to walk back to the gate of the school without anyone seeing her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Umma!” A smiling Taeji hyper-ly runs towards her grandmother who now sits in one of the benches along the school gate.

“Hi my baby Jiji!” A loud smacking sound of a kiss floated in the air as Taeji gave her grandmother a kiss.

“Thank you baby! How’s class? Did you enjoy?”

“Yes yes Umma! Me and my friends sing and dance! Our pretty teacher sing and dance for us! She said we will pelfolm it for the family day! Umma what is pelfolm?” Mrs. Kim giggled at her granddaughter mispronunciation.

“It’s perform Jiji. It means you and your friends would get on the stage to sing and dance so a lot of people can see.”

“Ah… then what’s family day?” Jiji asked with wide wanting to know eyes. Mrs. Kim on the other hand find it hard to answer the simple question her granddaughter asked this time.

“Ahm it’s a day in where the whole family gathers together to play, eat and do a lot of stuff together as a family.” Mrs. Kim just decided to tell what it really means although she knows that the child wouldn’t even understand it.

“Huh I don’t understand Umma. But play and eat sounds fun!” Jiji was hyper again as she said the last words.

“Yes it will be fun.”

“Ah! Teacher Youngji says notebook number 1 and sign.” Mrs. Kim again smiled at Taeji’s gibberish information. But none the less she understood what the child meant.

“Okay you give to your Mama later!”

“Are we going home now? Or we go to Mama so I can give notebook number 1 to her?” This time a low chuckle escape the grandmother’s mouth as she also see the cute pleading face of her granddaughter.

“Just say that you want to see your mother so badly no need to use that cute face of yours!” She slightly pinched Taeji’s cheeks and the little one grinned widely.

“I know I’m cute! Because Appa always tells me I’m cute! Hehehe! Let’s go Umma! Let’s go!” Taeji began to pull her grandmother’s hand out of the school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------

hi!!! sorry for not updating for a while... i got a slight fever and flu...

anyway i updated today!!! ^-^ hehehe

oh btw can you guys give out suggestion on what i should name

Taeyeon and her friends cafe/studio??? i realized i haven't named it yet...

please help me out!!! ^-^