Chapter 10

Acci-Dental Love

Chapter 10

 

The sound of the revving engine brought Tiffany’s mind back to earth, she then saw Taeyeon already inside her car and thought to herself when did the other girl get there when she’s just standing in front of her a second ago. She was about to approach her again but Taeyeon’s car already made a dash away from her.

‘Wait, I haven’t said anything yet.’ Tiffany sadly thought.

She entered their apartment with a heavy shoulder and a visible frown in her face.

“Fany!” Sooyoung hastily approached Tiffany the moment she entered the door.

“Did that cute mother of your patient already asked you out?”

“Did she tell you directly that she’s a single mom? Married? Divorce? It’s complicated? Or did you asked her? So... What?” Sooyoung’s questions bombarded her brain but she couldn’t process any of it since she’s still dismayed with what she reacted earlier.

‘That could have been my chance.’ Tiffany sighs loudly. ‘But I blew it.’

“Soo, stop!” Jessica came in and stopped their tall friend. “Can’t you see?” She pointed knowingly at Tiffany.

“Oh! O-kay! I see.”

“Unnie, why don’t you first take a sit.” Juhyun joined her unnie’s and gently pulled Tiffany to their living room.

“You zoned out again didn’t you?” Jessica stated in a matter of factly tone.

“You always freeze on the spot when you suddenly get surprise.” She continued.

“Or when you finally get the things that you’ve been hoping for. So, I’ll try to make a wild guess here. That Kim Taeyeon, finally asked you out but you freeze and didn’t answered back then Taeyeon goes away then you unfreeze and she’s gone.” Tiffany looked up at Jessica with teary eyes and helplessly nods her head in answer.

“Tiff.” Jessica scooted closer and side hugged her friend.

“Aw. That’s okay Fany. There’s still next time.” Sooyoung cooed her sad friend.

“But there won’t be next time anymore. It’s not like her daughter would get another tooth decay and I can’t pray for an accident since that would be just so evil and wrong. There won’t be next time again.” Tiffany already let out the tears she’s been trying to hold. She feels so frustrated and sad all at the same time.

“Unnie, it’s okay. If it would make you feel better. Taeyeon unnie is not yet married.” Tiffany’s eyes went wide with what their maknae has just said.

“What?”

“She’s single.” Juhyun smiled at her.

“I sense the ‘and’ coming next! Spill out now you teasing sweet potato!” Sooyoung jump from her seat.

“Why thank you Unnie!” Juhyun sweetly smiled at Sooyoung but before she could speak next Jessica beat her to it.

“AND, she’s never been married or in any complicated relationship like what shikshin asked earlier.”

“You and you. How did you two knows that?” Tiffany pointed back and forth to Jessica and Juhyun.

“Well, she fills out our clinic’s patient’s information sheet so I found it there.”

“I kinda accidently stroll on their café and had a little chat with her friend Yuri.”

“What?” Tiffany shrieked in high volume.

“Fany don’t shout we still have neighbors you know!”

“How could you two know something like that? When I didn’t get to know anything!” She let out a frustrated sigh.

“But Aunty did tell you something earlier right? So, you sure do know something about Taeyeon unnie.” Juhyun smiled at her again.

“Yeah that her Umma did! And if Taeyeon is still like that until now then I’m screwed! She finally had the courage to directly talk to me but I just stood there frozen right in front of her!”

“Chill Fany! At least you still got something. Use that next time!”

“Are you deaf Choi Sooyoung? Didn’t you hear! There won’t be next time again! She already asked me out! She thought my answer is NO! So, what’s the use of all this information? When I can’t even use it!”

“You’re not clearly thinking right now my dear friend Fany, Fany, Tiffany. Then allow me to clear your mushroom brain.” Sooyoung smiled at Tiffany sarcastically yet in a playful way.

“You already know that the two of you might no longer meet in the confines of your clinic right.” Tiffany slowly nods at her friend.

“You already know her nature based on what her mother told you about right.” She nods again.

“Juhyun already gave a clear info on her status so it’s already a go green signal right there for you. And Jessica already gave you another very helpful information you could use to execute a new plan.” She nods for the third time.

“So, there it is your chance! Use it to redeem yourself! Create a new game plan. People around you already gave you a head start you better use it wisely my dear mushroom friend!”

“You lost me on the last part.”

“Didn’t you heard Sica? She ‘accidentally strolled into their café’ the other day.” Sooyoung made a quotation with her fingers as she rolls her eyes over at Tiffany’s for still slowly picking up.

“I didn’t know she and her friends had a café? I am so last on this info’s.” Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows confusingly.

“Well, they do. Their studio has a café in front and boy their latte is one of the best I’ve ever had! Ooooh their latte art are cute too! Their friend Hyoyeon is good! And Yuri is just so friendly and nice! Yuri says…”

“Sica focus! Where on Fany’s problem right now! Let’s talk about you and your Yuri later!” Sooyoung playfully cut off Jessica. But the latter already started turned red with the term Sooyoung used.

“Yah! What do you mean MY Yuri?!” Jessica already get up from her seat and strangle Sooyoung by her neck.

“I know what we’ll do tomorrow!” Tiffany stands up and claps furiously like she just thought of the brightest idea she had ever think of.

“Why do I hear we?” Sooyoung says as she rubs her injured neck.

“Because. You three are coming with me!”

“Ooooh! Their café opens at 7 am and their photo shop opens around 9 am. Usually, Yuri and Taeyeon and their other friend help in the café in the morning whenever any of them are free. I just don’t know though which of them are supposed to help out for tomorrow.”

“Jessi! I’m so loving you right now!” Tiffany lounge forward and gave Jessica a tight hug.

“It doesn’t matter who will be there tomorrow! We could just come back there every morning until I meet Taeyeon again!”

“Hahahaha that would be fine by me Fany as long as YOU will be the one paying for our breakfast!”

“Fine! I’ll pay! Just be there and help me out shikshin!”

“Call!”

“You’ll be there for me too right Juhyun?” She turns her head around to look at her dongsaeng with pleading eyes.

“Of course Unnie. I’ll be there for you too!”

“Great! All you guys have to do is to make sure I won’t freeze again in front of Taeyeon when I finally had the chance to redeem myself! Is that clear?!”

“Ma’am! Yes! Ma’am!” Sooyoung saluted at Tiffany with a huge grin at her face.

‘You probably had a hard time coming up to me like that. I’m sorry I blew up big time, it’s just that you really caught me off guard Kim Taeyeon. I promise I’ll make it up to you!’ Tiffany smiled to herself, now they have a plan, it’s only a matter of time till she can filled execute it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four figures stood secretly around the corner of the street waiting for a certain café to open up. Sooyoung is getting impatient to eat while Jessica albeit being excited couldn’t help but to doze off and leans her head on the post and Tiffany, well, she’s the most excited one. Juhyun is the only one that is composed and calm in their group that is now starting to gain attention from early passerby.

“Unnie, it will be fine. We’re here.” Juhyun light tap Tiffany’s shoulder to assure her.

“Thanks Hyunnie!” Juhyun just smiled assuringly at her unnie. She knows that despite her unnie’s flamboyant character, she sometimes get lost for words and reaction when it comes to people she really really likes. And Tiffany freezing like in front of Taeyeon finally answered everything her friends need to know. That is why all three keep up with Tiffany’s crazy plan of stalking Taeyeon in their café early in the morning.

“It’s opening!” Tiffany’s loud voice made the three jolts up in surprise.

“Fany! Chill! We saw it too. Okay! First thing first, breathe in deep.” Sooyoung instructed the hyper girl.

“Now, are you breathing fine?” Tiffany nods her head as an answer and tried to calm down.

“Okay! Good! Let’s walk to the café and have our breakfast like ‘normal’ customers.” The tallest of the four lead the way.

“Good morning!” Sooyoung looked at the petite girl with long blonde hair who greeted them and greets her back..

“Hi! Good morning! Do you now serve breakfast?”

“Yes we do! Please choose your table and I’ll get back at you with our menu for today.” Hyoyeon was about to turn around when she notice the three other girls behind the tall young lady.

“Hey! Juhyun! Jessica! Dr. Hwang! Nice seeing you again! What brought you here?”

“Hi! Unnie! We’re here to have breakfast. Our fridge runs out of food today! We kinda forgot to re-stock.” Juhyun smoothly started the conversation for her unnie’s sake.

“Ah silly me! Ofcourse you girls will be here for breakfast!” Hyoyeon smilingly nods at the younger girl again. She thought that she kinda sensed something’s off about the way the girls suddenly popped out in their café the moment she flipped the ‘open’ sign but tried to shake off the idea.

‘Well for now.’ Hyoyeon prepared all her senses just in case she sensed right as she evilly smirked on her mind.

“And you must be the other friend of them we still haven’t met! Hi! I’m Kim Hyoyeon!” She laid out her hand to greet Sooyoung.

“Yeah that’s me! I’m Choi Sooyoung by the way!”

“Okay! Pick your table! You’re our first customer of the day so you’ll get a free coffee of your choice! It’s on the house!” Hyoyeon gave the four girls a warm smile.

“Wow! Really?! For real?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yep! Choose your coffee while I get the menu.”

The four girls took the seat in the corner of the café not far from the counter so Hyoyeon wouldn’t not have to walk far to get at them.

“Wow! This café is nice! How come we didn’t get to see this before?” Sooyoung asked no one as she let her eyes wonder around the shop.

“Wait till you get a taste of their coffee! Hyoyeon is the best and Yuri is also good.” Jessica said while smiling a little remembering a certain dark haired girl who made her a cup of coffee every afternoon she pass by this café before going home.

“Thank you for praising me but I guess you like Yuri’s mix more than mine since she’s the only one to make your coffee.” Jessica’s eyes widened when she heard the barista’s voice behind her.

“And sorry to inform you but today you might have to persevere with my mix for today since Yul is out.” As soon as the words left Hyoyeon’s mouth an immediate frown played across Jessica’s face.

“Hah! Sica! Too much for covering up huh?” Sooyoung poked her friends side when she saw how flustered the girl is.

“Yuri unnie is not here? Then who’s helping you?” Juhyun bravely asked since Sooyoung nudge at her under the table and Tiffany is getting more tensed by the second.

“Ah that, Sunny’s helping me for the whole week since Taeng, Yul and Yoong are out of town for a three wedding shoot in a row they’ll skip from town to town after each wedding.” Tiffany joined the frowning showcase along with Jessica when they heard the news from Hyoyeon.

“Ah I see.” Juhyun politely smiled. “Can we order now Hyo unnie?”

“Ah yes! Here’s the menu.” Hyoyeon hand out the thin board over to Juhyun.

The four girls ate in silence since none in the other three wants to ask the master mind of their early rendezvous at this café to meet the girl she’s blabbering about the past week because none of them want to suffer the wrath of the now very gloomy girl.

“Thanks for the delicious breakfast Hyoyeon unnie!” Juhyun slightly bowed to the older girl and smile after. They were all now standing in front of the register paying for their meal.

“Thanks for dropping by guys! Feel free to hang out with us whenever!”

“Oh sure! I’ll definitely gonna comeback here again! Now that I had the taste of you coffee and your foods, it’s impossible for me not to comeback!” Sooyoung gave Hyoyeon two thumbs up and widely smiled.

“I’m so liking you now Sooyoung! I’ll give you free drinks whenever you pay us a visit!”

“Promise?”

“Yeah! Of course one thing I learn from Taeyeon is never ever break a promise!”

“O-kay! Deal!” The two threw a loud high five to each other and laugh and Juhyun joined them. Hyoyeon noticed the two quiet girls and can’t help herself but ask.

“What’s wrong with them?” She pointed from Jessica then to Tiffany.

“Nah! Don’t mind them they’re just disappointed ‘coz they didn’t get to see their crushes. So typical Fany and Sica just don’t poke them or they’ll throw their frustration at you.” Sooyoung throws a knowing look over at Hyoyeon and the latter understanding the hidden message only smiled and slowly nods her head at Sooyoung.

‘Aha! I guess I’m right after all! Yes! Now, I think it’s safe to proceed on plan A on my own. I guess the girls won’t hate for this specially Taeng! Okay! Here I go!’ Hyoyeon evilly smiled to herself when she finally thought of the best plan ever.

“Ah I see… By the way I was wondering if the four of you are free this coming Friday, since you know we’ve already hanged out quite a few times before and Sooyoung still hasn’t meet the other three dorks, maybe you guys want to join us over a simple dinner. That is if only you guys are free.” She tried to hide the hype she’s feeling right now and tried to speak calmly.

“What’s the occasion Unnie?” Juhyun innocently asked.

“It’s our studio café’s 4th anniversary and we usually celebrate it with family and friends every year.”

“But wouldn’t we impose? I mean, we all just met.”

“That’s nonsense Juhyunnie!” A chirpy voice prompted from behind them and joined them.

“We’re all friends now. Especially when you and Tiffany helped our baby Taeji last time! So please come!” Sunny spoke with so much sweetness in trying to convince the younger girl beside her.

“And Taeyeon and Yuri will surely gonna be there!” Hyoyeon added loudly making the two soulless creatures sprang back to life.

“WE WILL COME!”

The other girls smiled at how fast the two has responded with just the mention of Taeyeon and Yuri’s name.

“So, we’ll be expecting all of you! Okay?” Sunny looked at Tiffany and the latter’s eyes now shine with excitement again.

“Sure Sunny!”

After another hour of chatting the new group of friends finally bid their goodbye to each other since they still have work to deal with.

“Bye guys see you later!” Hyoyeon and Sunny wave at the four retreating figure out of the café.

“Bye! See you later!”

Sooyoung was now silently driving her car to Tiffany’s clinic to drop the two there when all of them suddenly jolted straight up because of Tiffany’s loud scream.

“ Fany! Are trying to get us all killed?” Sooyoung calmly swerved back the car to its original lane. “Thanks God were no longer on the main road!”

“I forgot!”

“Unnie are you okay?” Juhyun gently caress the older girl’s back to calm her down.

“What did you forgot Fany?” Jessica asked this time.

“I forgot to ask them if it’s a formal or casual dinner! Jessi! What should we wear? What should I wear?!” Tiffany shook the back of the front seat.

“Geez Fany! Relax! It’s only a dinner!”

“Shut up shikshin! Tiff has a point!” Jessica said calmly though deep inside she’s also beginning to panic.

“Tiff, are you thinking what I’m thinking?” She threw Tiffany a look over the rear view mirror.

“Yes Jessi!”

“Okay! Shikshin drop us at the mall! NOW!” Jessica ordered their driver slash friend.

“Unnie what do you think you two are doing?” Juhyun reasonably tried to ask to stop her unnies.

“We need to prepare! Juhyun please cancel all our appointment today tell them I have an emergency!”

“But Unnie that’s not very professional of you! Please calm down a bit!”

“But!”

“Listen to the maknae Fany! Or else you know what’s gonna happen to you and Sica later.”

 “But Juhyun, Fany and I need to prepare!”

“Sica unnie, Fany unnie, today is only Tuesday, we still have two days before Friday, we’ll go shopping later after work and the next two days too in case you still can’t decide tonight. Okay?” Juhyun spoke calmly but surely making her words final for the two older girls to even utter another word of objection.

“Okay…” Tiffany wanted to protest some more but when she realize what Juhyun has said she finally gave up and relented. It is really not so professional of her to cancel her patient’s appointment over a shopping problem.

Sooyoung grin to herself as she sees how the two ferocious shopping maniacs cower like a lost puppy in front of their very own maknae.