Chapter 6

Fallen Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walked out of the restaurant and let out a long breath. It’s done. Your nightmare finally came to an end. You felt like a heavy burden has been lifted from your chest. You were reluctant to meet your father because you were afraid that your father would refuse to believe you and the situation would become worse. But Mr. Jung Jae Sung proved that you were wrong all this time. Your father was really different from what you imagined he would be.

Suddenly Seoul looked much more beautiful for you. The fallen leaves no longer seemed tragic. You took a deep breath, as if you were trying to remove the rest of your problems in his chest. At times like this, the first person who came into your mind is the girl who had become your sedative, Jessica Jung.

===================================================================================================================

“Honestly, I never liked Seoul before. I also hate Autumn. So you can imagine how much I hate it when I have to work in Seoul during Autumn.”

Jessica was about to read her script when Taeyeon read a letter from Mr. ____ in the studio. She put down her script, rested her chin against her hand, and smiled unconsciously.

“...but something weird was happening lately. Seoul turned into a beautiful city for me, and I’m starting to love Autumn. The panorama of colors, the freshness in the crisp, clean, chilly air, the sound of raindrops knocking on my window at night, I  just realized now that this season bursts with beauty.”

“That girl is the one who changed me... She loves this city very much. Autumn is also her favorite season. It’s confusing, really.... no one has ever succeed to make me change my mind about this matter, but how could this girl make me change my mind so easily?”

“Autumn girl, I know you are now listening to this program. Do you have a free time tonight? Would you like to go out for dinner with me?”

Taeyeon laughed a bit before she continued. “Whoa, Mr. ____, now you are indeed asking her for a date.”

“So, listeners, that was our last letter for today and now it’s time for us to go.. Don’t forget to tune in next Friday to KBS Radio from 7-8 on Channel 188 to hear more of Taeyeon and Jessica! Now here is the last song from us for you tonight. Good niiight...”

Jessica’s mind was still wandering when she ended the program. She couldn’t believe what she heard before. How could he asked me through radio show? No one has ever asked her to a date so directly and openly like what ____ just did before. Before she could think any further, her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Autumn girl. I hope you’re not busy right now.”

Jessica smiled when she heard the voice of the man on the other end of the line. “____-oppa! How did you get my number??”

“I asked Jung Taewoo for your number. Is that okay?”

“Of course it’s okay! I’m glad you called. So... Autumn girl, huh?” Jessica asked, trying her best not to laugh. “God! It’s so corny!”

“Ahhh.. Soo, I suppose you’ve heard my story already. Am I right Ms. Jung?”

“Mm-hmm.”

“And I’m sure you know that you are the weird girl who loves Autumn in my story.” ____ laughed. “Now I’m waiting for your answer.”

“Did you always use this trick to ask a girl to go on a date with you?”

“Through a radio show? No, this was the first time. So what is your answer? Want to join me for dinner?”

Jessica didn’t need to thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter