Chapter 11

Fallen Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You just arrived at your apartment when your phone rang. You picked up the phone and heard Mr. Jung’s voice on the other end of the line.

“Hello.”

“____.” Mr. Jung sounded like he was in panic. “Is Sooyeon with you now?”

“No. Why?” You said, confused.

“Did you meet her tonight?”

You creased your forehead. What is happening?

“Yes, we had dinner together tonight, but I already took her back to her dorm. Why is it Mr. Jung?”

You heard Mr. Jung sigh. “Have you told her?”

“Have I told her what?”

“About that thing.” Mr. Jung answered, he sounded frantic. “Have you told Sooyeon about that thing?”

“No, I haven’t...”

“But she already knows!”

You froze in an instant. “She knows?”

“She just called me and she cried. My daughter never cried like that before.” Mr. Jung said hoarsely. “She was almost hysterical.”

Your mind went back to few hours ago, when you were having fun with her. She did cry and was a bit quiet but she looked okay. You thought that she has a problem but you believed that she would feel better eventually.

Does she really know the truth?

“I cant reach her, ____.” Mr. Jung spoke again. “Please try to talk to her, ____. I dont want her to be alone in that state.”

You hung up the phone and stood still, still processing all the informations that was given to you.

She knows? How come i didnt realize it?

You suddenly ran out of your apartment as if you were just woke up from a dream. You tried to call the members over and over again. Finally, after a while, someone answered your call.

“Oh, oppa.”

“Fany ah, are you in your dorm? Is Jessica there?.” You asked hurriedly.

“Yes oppa. She’s in her room.” She answered. “It seems like she’s crying. Is there anything wrong between you two?”

“Can you guys do me a favor? Please try your best to calm her down. I’m on my way to your dorm.”

“The door is locked oppa, she wont come out.“ Tiffany said, you could hear that she was worried. “What’s happening?”

“I’ll explain it later, okay?” You replied quickly. “Just dont let her be alone.”

-------

The girls opened the door immediately when you arrived. They could tell that you were a mess at the moment they saw you. Without saying anything, they led you to Jessica’s room.

You tried to to open the door but it wont budge. You knocked the door but Jessica’s still not answering. You finally sat down on the floor, your legs gave up on you. You were tired mentally and physically that you dont have anymore strength to stand.

“Jessica..” you said weakly, your forehead leaning on the door. “I’m so sorry for not telling you earlier about this.”

“It may sounds selfish but I was too afraid to lose you. I dont want to see you hurt, because if I do I’ll be hurt too. I’m so sorry for being such a coward.”

 You paused, trying to ease the overwhelming pain in your chest. “I will do anything you want.. as long as it makes you feel better, even just a little bit, I’m willing to do anything.”

-------

“Good morning, Miss Jung.” said Taewoo when he saw Jessica came out from her room. She stopped when she saw Taewoo standing in the kitchen with a knife in his hand. The other members were gathering in the dining room. “You look like a mess. Come here, have some toast.”

“Why are you here?” asked Jessica while walking to the table. She pulled a chair and sit on it. Taewoo ignored her question and put a plate of toast in front of her.  She pushed it away. “I’m not hungry, just give me a cup of coffee.”

“Be a good girl and eat it.” He insisted.

Jessica scoffed and got up from her chair, slowly walking back to her room.

“Where are you going?” Taeyeon asked quickly. “You have to eat your breakfast first, our schedule is tight today. You shouldnt skip your meals.”

Jessica waved her hand. “I’m going to the bathroom, Mom.” She joked. “I’ll eat my breakfast after I brush my teeth.”

A few moments later, the doorbell rang. Yoona went to the door and opened it. She found you standing in front of the door.

“Oh oppa, come in. Taewoo oppa is also here. He’s in the kitchen with the girls.” Yoona led you to the living room to meet Taewoo and the girls.

You greeted Taewoo and the girls and sat with them at the table. “I made some toast, have you had breakfast yet?” Taewoo asked.

You were about to answer when you saw Jessica walking out from her room while wiping her face with a towel. She froze for a second when she saw you, but after that she acted like usual, as if nothing is going on between you two.

“Good morning oppa.” She greeted you.

You looked at Jessica without greeting her back. She walked past you and sat on an empty chair beside Tiffany.

“Where’s my coffee?” asked Jessica to Taewoo.

Taeyeon looked at you with questioning eyes, she could feel the tense atmosphere filled the air. She saw you looking at Jessica intently, many kind of feelings flashing in your eyes.

“Jess..” you called Jessica softly.

“Oh, has ____oppa told you guys yet?” Jessica cut you off, she looked at you with cold eyes and said. “____oppa, he’s my brother. We’re siblings.”

Everyone looked at both you and Jessica with wide eyes. The room became quiet, they stopped doing anything that they were doing. It was obvious to see that they were shocked and confused.

“What?” Yoona finally said, breaking the silence. “But.. how?”

You froze in your seat, too shocked to say anything.

“Actually, I only found out about it a few days ago.” Jessica smiled and continued. “Shocking, right? But don’t worry, we’ll pull through it. I can think of him as my brother.”

“But Jess..” you said before she cut you off again.

“Oppa..” She looked at you, you saw her smile slightly faded. “It’s the reality. We have no choice. I have to think of you as my brother, and you, the other way around. That’s the only way..”

Jessica turned her gaze away from you and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter