CHAPTER 8

11:30 PM

I'M BACK!!

I'm back from vacation and i'm only one day late!!! I just unpacked and i'm super tired but first, here's chapter 8! More and bigger chapters are about to come! Stay tuned!

Also, I want to thank you for all your amazing feedback, it means a lot to me!


 

After practice I went back to the dorm to take a quick shower. It's 10:30 and I still haven't eaten dinner. I hurried to the studio, hoping that Hana would be there. And she was.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” She said, her eyes still on the computer screen.

“How long have you been here?”

“A while.”

Something’s wrong. She sounds tired, almost sad.

“Hey I was wondering… have you had dinner yet?”

“No.”

“Good, I’m starving! We could order something or we could go this really good restaurant, it’s just a few blocks from here.” God, why am I sweating?

“I’m not really hungry.”

“Yah! You’re not starving yourself, are you? I won’t let you work tonight unless you eat something.”

I was waiting for her to make some sarcastic comment but she just sighed and stood up “Fine.” She grabbed her bag and we both walked out.

*

 

We sat down, made our orders and waited for the food to come.

“So… what happened earlier?”

She let out a small laugh and started talking. I listened to her carefully, not believing Hyorin was actually capable of doing such ty move. I haven’t talked to her yet but from what Hana has told me about her, I don’t intend to. I despise girls like her and Hana doesn’t deserve it after everything I put her up to.

“That’s really ed up.”

“I know right, but whatever. I managed myself.”

“Where did you practiced then?”

“On the roof. It was amazing. Being so high up there without a limited space and without all the mirrors to distract me, for the first time I felt free. I didn’t care if I messed up, I just danced.”

“You know you’re not allowed up there, don’t you?”

“I know.” She smiled to herself and took a sip of her beer. I’ve been on the roof a couple times myself, but always alone. I’d like to know how it feels to be up there with her.

After a few minutes of silence, we finished our meal, paid for it and left.

“What time is it?”

“11:30 pm” I said, checking my phone.

“Let’s go somewhere.”

“Where?”

“I don’t know. I just want to get out of here.”

We stared at each other for a while. It was a warm day but it had started to cool down. People were walking by, couples were holding hands, kids were running and laughing and we just stood there. She was still wearing her workout clothes, her hair was up in a bun and she had taken off her makeup. She looked tired, but beautiful.

We started walking around, away from the restaurant, away from Big Hit, away from everything.

“Do you remember me?”

I frowned in confusion.

“You don’t remember, do you?”

I shook my head no, feeling a bit embarrassed.

“It’s okay. We were pretty young back then.” We stopped by a park and sat on the grass. I haven’t been out at night for a really long time and it’s nice to not have people following me once in a while.

“Do you remember a diss battle between two girls in 2009 at NB?”

I searched through my memory for a bit. I do remember. I was already in Big Hit and I was called by some old friends to perform that night. This blonde girl who was on stage, clearly full of herself, ended up losing against the girl she challenged. That’s when it hit me.

“That was you?”

“Yes. I had been practicing for a while, watching other rappers perform, I even had some songs out, but I never expected to get called for a diss battle. But when I went up that stage… I don’t know. Something happened. Words just came out so naturally. For the first time, I felt that that was it. I was meant to rap.”

“I do remember.” NB had a big line up that night. Everyone that had gone through NB was performing; from rookies, to legends in the underground rap scene, to even former idols like me. I heard two names being called on stage and the crowd cheering really loud. That’s when she went up on stage, her petite body covered by an oversize hoodie and a mic on her hand. She looked innocent and naïve, not the type of girl I was used to see at NB every night. Then the diss battled begin. I was in awe. Her voice didn’t match her body at all. Her voice was deep and she sounded hoarse. She spat out rhymes so hard, at the end I felt bad for the other girl. The crowd made it very clear who the winner was and started chanting Hana’s name. She just said thank you and walked off the stage. I never saw her again since then.

I look at her. She was ripping grass off the ground before looking back at me. “You’re my idol, you know?”

I was taken aback “What?”

“You’re one of the reasons why I started rapping. Seeing you on that stage doing what you love, the crowd cheering and begging for more, the smile you always had on your face. I envied you and I wanted that for myself. I wanted to be like you.” She paused and shivered. I took my jacket and put it around her shoulders “I saw you many times at NB but I never got the chance to actually meet you. That’s why I tried out for Big Hit in the first place. I wanted to become an artist and I wanted to meet you.”

“I guess I was a pretty big disappointment to you.”

She smirked “Yeah, you were.”

“I’m sorry.” She dressed my jacket and zip it up. She laid back on the grass, looking at the night sky, her right hand playing with the strings of my ripped jeans.

“I’m over it.”

“Am I forgiven?”

Her index finger was now making light circles on my bare knee. I just stood still and looked at her “Yeah, I guess. For a while I thought you weren’t going to apologize.”

“Yah! I’m not that big of an okay.”

She giggled “I know. You’ve proven me wrong Yoongi.”

I smiled and looked at my phone. It’s midnight.

I got up and wiped the tiny grass string off my pants “We should probably get going.”

“Okay” she stretched out her arms to me so I could hold her hands. I pulled her up and she turned around so I could wipe the grass of my jacket.

We arrived at the Big Hit building and stayed outside for a while.

“Hum…so… do you want me to walk you home?”

“It’s okay, I live near here. But thanks.”

There it is. The awkward silence. I looked around and there was no one to be seen on the streets. Gosh Yoongi, say something!

“I’ll be going then.” She started to my jacket but I zip it up again.

“It’s still cold. You can give it to me tomorrow.”

“Okay. Thank you for the dinner.”

I smiled shyly “No problem.”

She took a step forward and hugged me. My eyes widened and I froze. She fit perfectly in my arms, her head resting just under my chin and her scent was a mix of apple and old spice from my jacket. My arms wandered in the air for a bit, not knowing what to do. Should I put my arms around her waist? No, no way! We're not that close yet. I inhaled and ended just wrapping my arms around her and giving her a light squeeze.

She broke off the hug “See you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow.”

She turned away and started walking, putting the hood of my jacket on her head and her hands on the pockets.