The Surprise

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first week of February, Hayi and Sehun haven't seen each other for exactly a month because EXO didn't have any schedules since the beginning of the new year and Hayi didn't try to sneak out because she had just reconciled with her Mom.

They only talked through texting or chatting in the morning and then through voice or video call at night.

 

One chat went on as follows:

Sehun: What are you doing?

Hayi: Listening to music while I study.

Sehun: Really? EXO's song? :)

Hayi: Nope. VIXX oppas.

Sehun (sarcastic reply): Ouch! You're too honest. Right! I still keep on forgetting that you're VIXX's ultimate fan!

Hayi (innocent reply): Yup. You better remember that so you won't be surprised next time.

Sehun (disappointed reply): Fine!

 

Another conversation was on the phone which goes like this.

“Hey, it’s almost Valentine’s Day!” Sehun exclaimed. “What do you want?”

“Me? Hmmm…” She thought for a while. “Oh! I know! VIXX oppas especially Ravi oppa!” she snapped.

“What? Are you serious?” he asked in surprise. He was flustered by what she said because he was expecting something else.

“Yes, since I didn’t get to see them yet because of that unfortunate event” she disappointedly recalled.

“Was it really that unfortunate?” he sadly asked.

“Nope. I got to watch them perform” she innocently answered.

“Oh” was what he could only reply.

Hayi was really clueless at what Sehun wanted to hear. She just said the first thing that came to her mind. She acted like that because it was her first time to be asked by someone on what she wanted for Valentine’s Day.

Sehun sadly hung up the phone after saying goodbye. Was she really serious? he thought.

 

The night before Valentine’s Day, Sehun sent a message to Hayi.

Sehun: Let’s meet tomorrow?

Hayi: Okay. I’ll have to think of a way out.

Sehun: Fighting! I know I’m putting you again in trouble, but I really want to see you. I don’t want to spend that day without you.

Hayi: It’s okay. I’m putting you more in trouble because you had to be out in public.

Sehun: I’m fine with it. If only you will ask me to reveal it, I’m willing to do it.

Hayi: Aniyo! That’s too much for you oppa. This kind of setup is okay. I’m happy.

Sehun: If you say so. :) So tomorrow, let’s meet at the park near the lake. Or should I pick you up?

Hayi: Let’s just meet there.

Sehun: Okay. See you Hayi-ah!

 

Hayi rushed downstairs where her parents were busy talking. “Eomma, Appa, I want to ask for your permission” she hesitatingly said.

“For what?” her mom said, being skeptical.

“Can I go out tomorrow?” she asked while putting on her best puppy eyes.

“What? Wae?” Her mother’s tone started to rise.

“I... I was asked out” she shakily said.

“By who?” her parents asked in unison. They were shocked by what she said.

“By Auntie Hyori” she lied. “I promised that I’d spend Valentine’s with her because she’s sad that she doesn’t have a boyfriend to spend it with.”

“Really? Why doesn’t she spend it with us? I’ll cook for the four of us and have fun here at home?” her mother replied.

“Eomma, you know auntie, she would want to be shopping and making herself happy” she defensively replied.

“Oh yeah, you’re right. Okay fine! I’ll allow you to go out even when it’s a holiday. But promise me you’ll be safe and you won’t let my sister drag you to outrageous places. Okay?” she reminded her.

“Okay eomma. I promise” she tried very hard to lie.

“I’d have to call your Auntie Hyori to warn her too” she suddenly said.

“What? Uhm… Eomma. Isn’t it already late? Just call her tomorrow” Hayi panicky said.

“I know you’re aunt. She’s very much awake at this moment” her mother calmly replied.

Eotteokhe? She’ll know that I lied. Goodbye good relationship with Mom. Goodbye chances to see Sehun oppa, she worriedly thought.

Her mother dialed Hyori;s number and waited for her to answer. “Hello? Dongsaengie? I heard you’ll be taking Hayi out tomorrow? Where are you going?” she continuously said.

Hayi anxiously watched her mother’s expressions as she talked to her aunt.

“What?!” she suddenly shouted.

Hayi’s eyes widened in shock. There goes my chances.

Then her mother laughed and said, “Aigoo! Aniyo don’t take her there! Okay? Okay. We have an agreement. Don’t go breaking your promise.” She said “Bye” before hanging up.

Hayi was relieved when her mother smiled. Good Auntie knew what I was into. She happily but guiltily went back to her room.

 

The next day, Hayi did her best to make herself pretty. She wore a pink dress and -colored flats. She let her hair down and clipped a white ribbon on the side.

 

She nervously stepped out of the cab and walked towards where Sehun had told her to meet him. When she arrived in the place, it was empty and the usual bright lights were off that time. “Did Sehun oppa say it wrong? Where is he? And why is it so dark?” she muttered. She walked towards the bench where they sat and waited for Sehun there.

 

They agreed to meet at 6pm but it was already 6:30 and there was no sign of Sehun anywhere. It was already dark and Hayi was a little afraid so she stood up and planned to wait for Sehun at the brighter area in the park. But when she was about to leave, the lights on the middle of the park lit up and Hayi can see a silhouette of a man holding a bouquet.

 

“Oppa” she said. Her smile appeared when the man started walking towards her, but it vanished as soon as she saw who he was and nervousness struck her. “R-ravi oppa?”

“Annyeong Hayi-sshi. I was told that I was wanted by someone for Valentine’s so I’m here” he said with his usual hypnotizing, melodic voice.

Hayi could not speak. She was still in a state of shock.

“You’re our Ultimate Fan! I’m so happy to finally meet you.” He flashed his very attractive smile which made Hayi even more speechless. “Hayi-sshi? Are you okay?” he worriedly asked when he noticed her panic-struck expression.

“Uh… Yes, I’m fine. Ravi-oppa why are you here?” she blankly asked.

“I was asked to spend the day with our Ultimate Fan” he happily answered.

“Really? By who?” she innocently asked.

“It’s a secret” he said and then smirked.

Hayi can feel her heart beating very fast until it was hard for her to breathe. Ravi oppa still makes my heart beat this fast. Eottoekhe? she worriedly thought. She turned her back and tried to find a place where she could sit or lean on because she felt her knees getting weak.

“Hayi-sshi? Are you okay?” Ravi worriedly asked. He can see that she was pale.

“Yes I am. It’s just that you’re Ravi of VIXX and I’m VIXX’s ultimate fan. How do you think I would feel?” She tried to calm herself. She placed her palm on her chest to ease the squeezing feeling.

“Oh mianhe if I made you jumpy” he said and then sat beside her. “Anyway, this flowers are for you."  He handed her a bouquet of pink tulips.

Hayi gladly accepted it but on her mind she was saying, Of course he wouldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter