The Last Farewell

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi was discharged from the hospital, a week before their flight to Canada. She silently went back to her room, sat at her bed and stared out of the window. She was thinking of Sehun; how he was doing, how did their debut went, if he was eating and resting well and if he was thinking of her. She also remembered the happy moments he had spent with him; how he was able to open her up in the world beyond hers. Tears fell from her eyes as she remembers how it felt like being with him, holding his hand, hugging him and passionately kissing him.

Then it dawned on her that she was leaving without saying a proper goodbye. She knew that it would hurt him more because he was like being abandoned once more. Oppa I’ll make sure that you won’t feel abandoned, not by me, she thought.

 

She ran downstairs to where her mom and dad were. “Eomma, Appa, I will not complain on going to Canada but let me do something first!” she firmly contested.

Hayi’s mom and dad exchanged a bewildered look.

“Wh-what is it that you want to do dear?” her mother worriedly asked.

“Allow me to go to China for a few days to visit Sehun oppa” she answered.

“China? But that’s too far and more dangerous for you! Aniyo! You won’t go there” her mom argued.

“Eomma, I’m asking you to allow me to be free for the last time before I become a captive in a strange place. Just this once, please allow me” she begged.

“Yeobeo? Eottoekhe?” she turned to Hayi’s father.

“Hayi-ah, China is a very big place, it’s not a mall or a building where you can freely explore. You’re not used to those kinds of places” her dad said.

“Appa, I know that. But I need to see Sehun oppa before I go. I would be leaving him for good and I don’t want it to look like I’m abandoning him!” she argued.

Mr. Lee can see his daughter’s eagerness and he knew at that point, she wouldn’t budge until they allow her to go.

“Okay Hayi. But we’ll go with you” he stated.

“Aniyo Appa, this time, I want to go alone” she seriously replied.

“Andwae! You won’t go to a foreign country alone with your condition!” He raised his voice.

“I said I wanted to be free in China for a few days and with you there, it would feel like how I would in Canada” she sourly spoke.

“Dear, at least take Junpei with you, please. Stop arguing” she begged.

“Okay. I’ll take Junpei ahjusshi but he would not tag along when I go out” she negotiated.

She is impossible to deal with, her father thought. “Okay fine. Do anything you want in China just for two days and then come back just in time to leave for Canada” he said and then walked away.

Hayi’s mother worriedly looked to Hayi and then to her husband. When did this family become like this? She cried without them knowing.

 

Hayi busily prepared for her 2-day trip to China. She didn’t pack a lot; one bag was enough for all her things.

Her mom and dad went with them in the airport where they bid goodbye to her. Hayi’s mom was worried that she wouldn’t come back but she was holding on to her words that after two days she’ll be back in time to go to Canada. On the other hand, Hayi’s dad weren’t as worried because he knew Sehun is a man who holds on to his words.

 

Flashback

The night when Hayi asked him to allow her to go to China, he didn’t argue too much because Hayi was impossible to convince that time.

He agreed with her terms and went to his and his wife’s room. He grabbed his phone and walked to the balcony. He called Sehun, who immediately answered after 3 rings.

“Hello? Mr. Oh Sehun?” he began.

“S-sir? W-why are you calling me?” he stuttered.

“Sehun, Hayi asked us to allow her to go to China. We couldn’t say no” he informed him.

“Ha-hayi is going to China?” he asked in shock.

“Yes. Hayi and Junpei will fly to China tomorrow and she will go and look for you” he bitterly replied.

“S-sir, I can’t see her because if I do, I can’t promise you that I would let her go” he honestly said.

“I knew that could happen, but Sehun-ah don’t forget her condition. She’s still in a critical state; she has to go to Canada” he said.

“That’s my point Sir. Why not take her immediately to Canada?” he hopelessly asked.

“She wouldn’t willingly go if we don’t allow her to go to China and see you” he answered. “Sehun-ah, do what you need to do; make her go to Canada like you promised you would. Don’t let her waste her life with you” he hurtfully stated.

Sehun’s tears fell. Of course, a life of Lee Hi, being spent with him, will be a waste. He knew he had to do something even if it hurts both of them.

“Mr. Oh Sehun? Do we have an agreement? You would make Hayi go to Canada, right?” he firmly asked.

“Yes Sir.” He tried to sound normal until Hayi’s father ended the call. His phone fell from his grasp and he fell weakly on the floor. “Hayi-ah! Mianhe! Mianhe!” he cried.

End of Flashback

 

Kris was busy with his phone when Sehun entered his hotel room. “Hyung, are you busy?” he asked.

“Nope. Come in” Kris answered.

“Thanks” he said before sitting down on the sofa chair beside Kris' bed.

“What’s the matter? Do you have anything you want to say?” he concernedly asked after noticing his uneasy expression.

“Hyung, I’m going to do a very bad thing” he said.

“What do you mean?” he confusingly asked.

“Hyung, Hayi-ah is in China right now, I’m sure she is going to call you after I ignore all her calls. Tell her where I am. Tell her my room number, do you understand?” he stated.

“What? Hayi is here? Why don’t you find her yourself?” He was still puzzled.

“Hyung, you know I can’t!” he exclaimed before breaking down in tears. “If I find her, she would want to stay and risk her life. I won’t do that to her. I love her too much to see her suffer! I really want to see her but I can’t! I can’t hyung! Eotteokhe?!”

“Sehun-ah, you’re a good man. Whatever you think is right, do it for her” he compassionately said. He patted his back to console him.

Sehun continued crying until tears just stop falling from his eyes. He went back to his room and prepared for Hayi’s visit.

 

Sehun was right; Hayi called him many times but he didn’t answer. She called Kris next, and being the good hyung he was, Kris told Hayi what Sehun told him.

“Is he really that busy? He wasn’t answering any of my calls” she complained. “But it’s okay, I’ll see him later. Thanks Kris oppa.”

“Okay Hayi. Bye” he briefly replied before immediately ending the call. He was confused; he kept on thinking what was Sehun’s plan.

 

Hayi dressed into her best clothes. She wore a yellow dress and cute ballet flats which made her look like a fairy. She looked herself once more in the mirror before leaving.  Before departing she sent a message to Sehun.

 

To: Sehun Oppa

Oppa, I’ve been calling you non-stop but you weren’t answering, so I called Kris oppa and asked for your room. I’m on my way there. Waaa! Oppa, I’m so excited to see you. It felt like a year. I miss you so much!

 

Sehun’s heart raced as he read her message. As much as he wanted to reply, he couldn’t. He had to act cold towards her.

 

Hayi got a cab and nervously sat until it reached EXO’s hotel. She had a hard time saying to the driver where she wanted to go because she doesn’t speak Chinese.

The cab stopped in front of a luxurious hotel in Beijing. When she got off, she noticed an exceptionally large crowd in front of the hotel’s entrance. Most of which are girls who were holding banners for EXO and others were reporters and photographers. Wow! Oppa’s really made it big in China! I’m glad!, she thought.

 

She slowly made her way to the crazy crowd until she was able to step inside the hotel. She immediately made her way to the reception table and spoke to the lady there.

“Hello, I’m here for EXO’s Oh Sehun” Hayi said.

“Oh Sehun? Why? Who are you?” the lady asked.

“Uhm… I… I…” she couldn’t think of a proper answer.

“Miss, I ask again, who are yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter