The Issue

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following days, Sehun was living like a zombie. He gets up in the morning to attend his schedules, he never eats anything, and he goes back to his dorm and lies on his bed without sleeping until the sun rises signaling another day to waste.

 

“Sehun-ah! What is this?!” their CEO shouted as he threw the paper towards Sehun.

Sehun uninterestedly looked at it and saw the headlines; EXO’s Oh Sehun is dating a non-celebrity girl. Then he saw pictures which were taken during his Valentine’s date with Hayi. It wasn’t clear so Hayi’s face was far from being distinguished.

“Yah! Sehun-ah! Don’t you have anything to say?!” the CEO shouted again.

“This happens every day” he boringly said and threw the paper on the floor.

“You’re the one who was involved in this scandal and you still have the guts to act like that!” Suho flared up.

“Hyung, calm down. Let’s wait for him to talk” Chen calmly said. He pulled Suho back to his seat.

“Let’s not make a big deal out of this. Yeah I was dating a girl but I had to leave her. We’re over” he coldly said.

“Yah! When did you ever become like that?!” Luhan raised his voice. “You had to leave her?! Yah! You were lucky enough that someone fell for you! But now you’re leaving her just like that?”

“You don’t know what happened hyung so you don’t have the right to talk like that?!” Sehun informally replied.

“What?! Yah! You turned out to be a jerk with an arrogant attitude! I hope you suffer. Yeah! Let’s leave this issue as is and let him handle it. I’m sure he already have evrything figured out!” Luhan exclaimed before storming out of the room.

“Luhan hyung!” Chen called out.

“Chen-ah, just leave him. He just needs cool down” Kris said.

“Sajangnim, just solve it like you used to. Send me somewhere far from Korea until this issue dies. That was always your escape plan” Sehun spoke coldly.

“Yah, Sehun ah. Watch your tone. You’re talking to Sajangnim” Kris scolded him.

“Kris, it’s fine. Okay Sehun, I’ll deal with this the way I want to.” There was threat in his tone. “EXO will debut in China a week from now. You’ll have to be busy with recording and preparations so be ready. And Sehun, you’ll be taking Joy with you. I’m going to create a couple out of you two” he said before leaving the room.

Sehun blankly stared outside the window. He didn’t care about anything anymore. It was better that he’d be leaving for China so he won’t be tempted to see Hayi. I guess this is all for the better, he thought.

 

He was lying on his bed, one morning when his phone suddenly rang. He froze upon seeing the name of the caller, Lee Hayi. Tears started to fall from his eyes as he shakily answered it.

“Hayi-ah?” he said trying to sound normal and unshaken.

“Oppa?” Hayi said on the other line.

More tears flowed upon hearing her voice but it sounded weaker as it used to. He missed her voice so much, something was urging him to see her but he tried to fight it off. He kept his replies short so as not to lengthen the conversation. He informed her about their debut in China which made Hayi happy.

“Oppa, I’ll wait for you to come back. I’ll see you after 6 months. Who knows, I might be able to visit you there” she brightly said.

Her words made Sehun even sadder. Pabo! We’ll never meet again, don’t you understand that?, he frustratingly thought. “Yes who knows” he tried his best to boringly respond. “Hayi, a-are you okay?” He finally asked the question he was itching to know since she called, but of course he knew the answer to that but instead of hearing it she replied, “Yes, I am. I was just busy studying for the past week.” She lied to him.

Why didn’t she tell me what was happening to her? Please! Please tell me how you really are right now! he shouted inside his mind. He felt upset that there was no other way for him to know Hayi’s real condition. “Hayi-ah, I have to go” he said. He couldn’t suppress the sobs anymore.

“Okay. Bye oppa. Take care of yourself” she said. “Saranghaeyo.”

Hearing that last word being said by the girl he loves so much made his heart ache. He didn’t want her to love him anymore; he wanted her to forget him immediately so that she wouldn’t be in pain when everything will be revealed to her. He immediately hung up and cried his eyes out.

“Hayi-ah, I love you” he muttered. “I love you so much, too much that it might kill you. Hayi-ah don’t love me anymore! Just forget about me! I will leave soon and I hope you get to move on with your life. Don’t find me and I’ll try my best not to find you” he exclaimed in between his heavy sobs.

Kris was in the room next to Sehun’s. He was alarmed when he heard his cries. He got up and rushed to his room.

“Sehun-ah? What’s the matter?” Kris breathlessly asked.

“Hyung, I’m going to leave Hayi in a bad condition. I wanted to be by her side right now and take care of her, but I have to stay away in order for her to live. Hyung! I love her so much, and living without her will kill me! Eotteokhe?” he cried.

“Sehun-ah, I don’t understand. If you don’t want to leave then don’t. Stay by her side!” he replied.

“It’s not as easy as you think hyung! Aniyo! If I stayed, she wouldn’t agree to go to Canada for her heart surgery. If I stayed, she would be sicker and die! I won’t watch her die hyung! Aniyo! I’m going to do my best to save her by leaving her!” he said.

Kris couldn’t find the right words to say. Seeing Sehun breakdown like this meant that he was really in a lot of pain. He never saw this side of him; it was pitiful and painful to see. He patted his back to comfort him and stayed until Sehun fell asleep from exhaustion due to non-stop crying.

 

The next morning, Kris helped Sehun in packing all his things because he wasn’t in the mood to do anything that is related to leaving Korea. “Sehun-ah, we’re leaving today, aren’t you going to see her for the last time?” Kris concernedly asked.

“It will only make her moving on longer” he briefly replied. “She’ll go to Canada soon; she’ll be healed and find the perfect guy for her.”

Kris couldn’t tolerate his sulking anymore. “Yah! Sehun-ah! Snap out of it! You said you love her, and yet you’re leaving without saying anything to her! Soon,  you will regret not saying goodbye!” he shouted.

“Hyung! What will I tell her? That I’m going to China and leave her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter