The Year After

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

­A year had passed since EXO debuted in China. They were very successful there. After 6 months, they went back to Korea and released a new album which topped charts for several weeks. They are now considered Korea’s Top New Generation Boy Group. With their good looks and unique talents, they were able to quadruple the number of their fans in just 12 months.

Because of their success, their company has rewarded them with a long vacation. It was favorable for the EXO members, except for Sehun because it would mean that he had to stay at their dorm alone while the other members go to their hometowns.

Luhan, Chen and Suho immediately went to their homes after the announcement of their vacation, leaving Kris and Sehun at the dorm.

 

One weekend, Sehun was awoken with Kris’ noisy pacing in and out of his room. He frustratingly messed his hair and stood up to scold Kris.

“Yah! Kris hyung! Why are you so noisy at this time of day!” he complained.

“My friend from Canada called and wanted me to book a last minute flight. They’re holding a huge party and they want me there” he happily said not noticing Sehun’s annoyance. “Yah Sehun-ah, mianhe. It turns out I can’t accompany you during our vacation.”

“Hyung it’s okay. But please! Keep it down! I was sleeping!” he complained.

“Okay. Sorry” he said coolly.

Sehun went back to sleeping.

 

The next days were too boring for him. He couldn’t go anywhere because of many fans that would be following him and he couldn’t ask his manager or any staff to go with him because they’re also in vacation.

He paced around the dorm looking for something to do. He cooked a special meal for himself, he cleaned the whole dorm, he washed and ironed his clothes, he watched shows and movies, he played on his phone and he read books until he got tired of them all.

 

One day in Canada, Kris was out with his friends shopping for chic and expensive clothes.

“Go first, I’ll just look around” Kris said to his friends.

“Okay man. Let’s just meet at the restaurant” one boy said.

“’Kay, bye” he replied.

He was about to enter the Versace store, when he saw a familiar girl coming his way.  She was busily looking around so she didn’t notice him.

“Hayi-sshi?” Kris called once she was near him.

Hayi was shocked upon seeing him. “Kris oppa? W-what are you doing here?”

“Well, I’m on vacation and Canada is my hometown” he answered.

“Really? I didn’t know! It was nice seeing you here oppa” she said brightly. “How have you been?”

“ I’m good. We finished promotions in China and we came back to Korea with another album. Hmm.. you can say it was successful” he answered.

“Oppa, don’t be too humble. I listened to the songs in your album and it was daebak! And I saw that it did well in the charts” she informed him.

“Waaa! Are you our fan?” he happily replied.

“Nae! I was always EXO oppas’ fan” she responded.

He was hesitating to ask a question but he gathered his courage to ask it. This is for Sehun, he thought. “Hayi-ah, judging by how you looked now, I think I can say that the surgery went well?”

“Surgery? Oppa, how did you know?” she asked in shock.

Kris got panicky. He shouldn’t have asked her that question because she didn’t know that Sehun knew about the surgery. “Uhm… It might have been mentioned to me once or twice.”

“By who, Kris oppa?” she asked, still puzzled.

But before Kris could think of some excuse, his friends went back and called him. He sighed heavily and thought, I was saved. He was able to escape from the topic and left Hayi in confusion.

 

Hayi went home, still thinking about her conversation with Kris.

“Hayi-ah, did you eat already?” her mom asked once she saw Hayi enter the door.

“Nae eomma” she answered. She sat beside her mom who was watching the television that time. “Eomma, I bumped into Kris oppa in the mall”

“Who is he again?” she asked.

“EXO’s Kris oppa” she answered.

“What? EXO?” she asked in shock.

“Nae Eomma. EXO’s Kris oppa, and he asked about my surgery. I was shocked. Eotteokhe? How did he know about my surgery” she said.

Hayi’s mom couldn’t answer. The day they most feared came; the day when Hayi should know that Sehun pushed her away for her own sake.

 

Hayi noticed her mom’s uneasy expression. “Eomma, is there something you’re not telling me?”

Her expressio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter