kaisoo

Kyungships Drabble Dump

pairing: kaisoo

genre: fluff, hs!au

word count: 913

summary: in the end, jongin thinks, it's all worth it.


 

"He's at it again."

"Who."

"Your admirer."

Kyungsoo looks up from the book he's reading, squinting his eyes at Baekhyun who's currently eyeing someone who's sitting three tables away from them in the cafeteria. "What are you talking about?"

Baekhyun looks at him like he's gone insane, wiping a bit of ketchup smeared on the corner of his mouth. "Are you seriously telling me you haven't been noticing those stupid puppy looks that sophomore kid has been shooting your way?"

"Which sophomore kid are you –"

"And it's been going on for almost six months! Six ing months, Kyungsoo! Are you really that dense?"

Kyungsoo thinks he can no longer get any studying done especially with Baekhyun starting another one of his fits so he closes his book, carefully puts it aside, and looks at his friend in the eye. "Why don't you calmly tell me what's going on instead of trying to create a scene?"

Instead of answering his question, Baekhyun motions for him to look that way and that's where he sees him. 

As soon as their eyes meet, the sophomore quickly turns away from Kyungsoo's gaze, his body turning to the side to whisper something to his friend. He seems cute, Kyungsoo thinks. Especially when he notices a light tint of pink on the boy's cheeks.

Kyungsoo only snaps out of his stupor when he feels Baekhyun's finger tapping him on his shoulder with that annoying smug look on his face.

"That's what's going on."

 

**

 

Kyungsoo's running late and he's putting all the blame on none other than Byun freaking Baekhyun for keeping him up all night. 

Since Baekhyun is quite known for being a social butterfly unlike his awkward grumpy self, he's managed to find out what the sophomore kid's name is through his connections. What those connections are, Kyungsoo doesn't want to know. Baekhyun always has his way with everything so it's not like it's that much of a surprise.

Kim Jongin.

As much as Kyungsoo doesn't want to admit it, he's tried saying the name at least ten times to see how the name rolls off of his tongue. He's come to the conclusion that he actually quite likes it. 

Who is he kidding, he likes the name so damn much. 

He especially likes how shy Kim Jongin looked when he tried to pretend that he wasn't just caught staring at the older boy; how he just played it off like he just accidentally looked Kyungsoo's way. 

Kyungsoo suddenly realizes that this is not the right time to think about Kim Jongin. Not when he has an important exam to attend to and a pair of feet to drag to class. 

He is just about to turn left when he spots him along the hallway, struggling to hold a huge stack of papers in his hands. All thoughts of being late are hastily thrown out of the window as his feet move to its own accord to make its way towards Jongin.

Jongin seems to spot him too for his walking halts to an abrupt stop, his eyes going wide as if he's just seen a ghost. Kyungsoo also notices how his grip on the papers starts to loosen -- . 

Kyungsoo may not be an athlete but he's fast enough to walk all the way to the sophomore before the papers make a huge mess on the floor. He tries to ignore the feeling when their hands brush against each other, opting to look at Jongin with a worried look on his face. "Are you okay?"

Jongin quickly nods, trying to hide the huge blush on his face by trying to look away. So cute.

"Are you sure?"

Another nod.

"Jongin, right?"

And that does the trick. 

Jongin stiffens, looking all cute and confused probably wondering how the hell does Kyungsoo know his name. "Y-you know me?"

Kyungsoo nervously starts fiddling with his fingers behind his back, trying so hard to make his reply sound confident so that he doesn't get the urge to run away. "Not really."

The other boy looks dejected at that, shoulders slumping with a small pout on his lips. "I figur— "

"I'd like to know you more though."

Jongin raises his head at this, a hopeful look on his face. He looks so shy Kyungsoo wants to keep him in his pocket. "W-what?"

Kyungsoo is just about to reply when the reality of it all hits him like a brick. He's running late and if he doesn't get there as soon as possible, then his is definitely going to get kicked. 

"Look Jongin, I'm running late and as much as I want to stay here and talk to you, I have a class to attend to. Can we just, um, meet here after class?"  Kyungsoo hurriedly says, cursing his strict professor in his mind for being such a huge . He hands some of the papers back to Jongin, adjusting his backpack straps properly on his shoulders.

"Y-yeah, sure. See you?"

"Okay! See you!"

He runs off as soon as he makes the promise of seeing Jongin again later in the day but stops to say something very important. He looks over his shoulder, showing the sophomore his infamous heart-shaped smile. "I meant it, okay! I really do want to get to know you."

Jongin watches Kyungsoo leave with a dumbstruck look on his face before actually realizing that he has just gotten a date.

Holy . 

 


 

a/n: soooooooo hi it's been a while c: