Chapter 8: Disappearance

In Too Deep

I awoke to the smell of smoke. I felt a sharp pain on my left shoulder, chest, and back. I tried to open my eyes, but they were stinging. But once my eyes were completely open I realized I was surrounded by ash and other burned objects. I slowly tried to get up, but the sharp pain made me fall back down. My shirt was soaked with a sticky substance. Where was Luhan?

I heard footsteps coming from a distance… Who was it? He got closer and closer… he looked like an angel! Was I in heaven?

.

.

.

(Tao’s Point Of View)

Gosh I’m so hungry right now! I looked around for my soon to be sister-in-law, but she wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Eun Soo was still here so I doubt she went far. I decided to look for her. I went to her room but she was gone. I searched everywhere, but nothing!

Just then I heard a loud bang outside! I ran to the window and saw smoke coming from Luhan’s mansion! Wait, could sister-in-law be there? If she’s hurt, Kris would kill me! I need to find Sehun first so he could take care of Eun Soo again.

I ran to the small cottage at the edge of the forest. I held Eun Soo close to my chest. I finally arrived at Sehun’s cottage. He was in the garden planting vegetables. He looked shocked when he saw me, “What are you doing here Tao?” I caught my breath and said, “sister-in-law’s missing, and she might have gone out to find Luhan! There was an explosion at Luhan’s place right now, I hope she’s ok! It might be the Old Boss again. He knows about her! Can you take care of Eun Soo again? You are the only one that can easily hide and blend in so no one will find you guys!” Sehun nodded and I headed out towards Luhan’s place.

I finally arrived at Luhan’s place. I was shocked to see the place full of the Old Boss’s people. I slowly crept to the side to see if Luhan was there. I saw his men, they were chained together. And… and Luhan!?!? What happened to him! His face was unmistakably beautiful before, but now it was covered in blood and bruises!

The men threw Luhan to the side. He landed close to the place I was hiding. Luhan saw me and said, “She’s- She’s been shot in the heart! Tao you have to save her before the burn this place down!” Just then there was another loud bang, the house started to crumbled as flames erupted from inside! Luhan and I stared at the house in disbelief! Luhan grabbed my hand, “Please Tao, she might still be inside! You have to save her! Please!” I looked at him, “but Luhan! Your hurt, I can’t leave a brother like that!” Luhan pushed me, “You have to! She’s a mother and I love her! Please, you can do that right? As a brother? I know I can free myself! After I do, I’ll try to find Yixing or Suho! We need them to stop the Old Boss. And you know that Yixing can save her if she’s gravely ill!”

I nodded back at ran towards the house. I used to be like Yixing, I used to be able to go back in time and make things right, but I can’t anymore. None of us can! Just as I was about to run towards the house a pair of hands grabbed me! It was one of the Old Boss’s men! He smirked and said, “I got her right in the heart, there’s no way now. Hahaha!”

I fought with him, but it was no use. He was much stronger than I was. he easily threw me to the ground. My head hit something hard and I could feel a throbbing pain in my head. Everything was getting dark. The smoke from the house was making it hard to breathe. I looked at where Luhan was, but he was being dragged away. I ran up to him, but someone flung me to the ground. There was a high pitch scream at a distance, but everything was getting dark…

.

.

.

(3 Hours Later- Still Tao’s Point Of View)

I awoke to the faint smell of ash. I got up and quickly remembered what had happened. I touched my head to see the extent of my wound, but I was surprised to see that there was none!  I ran to the nearby pond Luhan had to see my reflection. I was shocked to see that I looked fine. There were only dried up blood stains on me, no wounds!

Wait! Sister-in-law! Where was she! I ran all over and I was surprised to see that the house had completely burned down. However, someone seems to have put out the fire with water! Could sister-in-law have died?

Wait, what if Eun Soo was also hurt! I ran as quickly as I can to Sehun’s! I knocked on his doors, but no one answered. Did he disappear again? What was I going to do!

.

.

.

(Sehun’s Point Of View)

What’s wrong with her again? Last time I Tao left me with this kid, Luhan turned out to be near death! I’m only taking care of Eun Soo because she’s Kris’s kid. Unlike Tao, I don’t respect sister-in-law. She’s the reason that my hyung got hurt in the first place. I remember the day we first came here, we were twelve back then. Our powers were still strong, but now everything’s the same… I ….

.

.

.

( A Few Minutes before Tao Returns- Sehun’s Point of View)

There was a knock on the door. Who could it be? I went to open the door, but to my surprise there was no one there! Just then I heard a loud bang behind me! When I turned, there I felt something hit me in my head hard! Before I lost consciousness I saw a man who had his head covered pick Eun Soo up and –

.

.

.

(A Few Minutes Later)

I awoke to a throbbing pain in my head. What just happened? I got up off the floor and headed to where Eun Soo was. to my surprise she was gone! Even though I promised Tao that I would watch her with my life, I was still glad she disappeared! I mean, I never liked sister-in-law and her little brat Eun Soo! Haha! I turned to the window, I saw that Tao was running towards me! Shoot! I have to get out of here and return to the Boss!

I quickly dialed Kai’s number and he appeared in a second. Tao was almost at the door, but Kai helped me leave in a blink of an eye!

As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw that we were on top of a snowy mountain, “Kai, where are we? We need to go to the Boss. That brat, Eun Soo , is gone. I don’t know what happened, but maybe Kris came back. We have to warn the Boss! Maybe he came back with Suho or Xiumin!”

.

.

.

(Present-Your Point Of View)

My eyes couldn’t open. They felt heavy and I felt weak. Where was I? what happened? just then I had a flash back of Luhan and the mansion. I jolted up, but the pain made me fall back down. I fell on something soft. I slowly began to open my eyes again. It was a bright room.

When my eyes finally adjusted to the lights, I saw that I was lying on bed in a room that was all covered in white and gold. I saw two figures sitting on close to me. One of them had blonde hair, while the other had black. Another figure approached out of nowhere and I saw the two figures from before nod at the new visitor. Then the new figure left again.

.

.

.

《To be continued. ..》