Chapter 7: The Old Boss

In Too Deep

(Luhan’s Point of View)

“Tao…Tao? We have to get out of here! She can’t handle them on her own. We need to come up with a plan and quick!” I tried to move, but it was no use. I was tied to the poll by a chain. No doubt he knew my strength!

I looked towards Tao, but he wasn’t tied! Tao quickly hurried by my side. I heard some men outside start to speak, “Tao, hurry! They’ll be here any moment! We need to get them before they realize that we broke free or else they might hurt her!” Tao nodded and quickly broke me free.

We hide behind the door. I heard a man approaching and I looked at Tao. He nodded back at me; he knew what I was thinking. Just then the door flew open and we attacked the men. There were more men coming. Tao looked towards me and said, “You go and find her, I’ll try to hold them back. You are the only one that can save her!” “But Tao! I can’t leave you! You’re already injured. You save her; I know I can handle these guys. If anything’s wrong you know I’ll know and I’ll come as fast as I can to save you!”  With that Tao left me to fight off the men.

.

.

.

(End of Luhan’s Point of View)

.

.

.

(Present)

I felt a jolt of pain when the knife went deeper into my neck. Just then the man stopped, he looked at my necklace. He smirked, “He still thinks he can outsmart me huh? I should have known that he would use that necklace to save you, but he was wrong if he thought it could me away from you! You see, that necklace doesn’t work on me now, I’m too powerful!” He started to laugh and then smacked me across my face.

Then he took the knife away from my neck, “Well if you don’t tell me where he is, I’m pretty sure he’ll come if I hurt his little precious!” Just then, he grabbed my neck with both of his hands. My eyes started to get watery and I couldn’t breathe. Just then I heard the man scream! I looked at him and saw smoke coming out of his hands; his hands were burning!

There was a loud bang on the door and it soon flew open. It was Tao! He pulled the man away from me. The man seemed weaker, because Tao was able to through him across the room. Tao then grabbed my arm and started pulling me out, “Wait, what about Luhan?” Tao looked at me, “He’s distracting them so we can get out. Don’t worry; he’s a lot stronger than you think. We all are. Our main priority is to get you back home.”

.

.

.

(Back Home)

Tao had fallen asleep on the couch. I started to pace back and forth, where was Luhan? Was he ok? I decided to leave Eun Soo and Tao in order to find Luhan. I made sure to leave the crib by Tao because it was safer.

As I locked my doors and headed out, I realized that I never actually knew where he lived. Luhan had always visited me or stayed over, but I never asked him if I could have gone to his house. Just then I made a turn and headed towards Kris’s house. I had a spare key so I could easily enter without having to break in. Maybe Kris had Luhan’s address written down somewhere.

.

.

.

(Inside Kris’s house)

The house looked much larger than the last time I’ve been there. It was like a maze, there were many rooms that led to more rooms; it was never-ending. Within minutes I felt tired from all the walking. I decided to find somewhere to sit down. I finally reached a room that looked like a library. There was a desk at the far end so I decided to go and sit there.

The room looked nice and it reminded me of a professor’s library in Harry Potter. There was a book on the table. I decided to pick it up. It seemed to be another diary. It was torn in places and also water damaged. There were also some sea shells on the covers. It seemed like it was an old diary that Kris had found at sea. I looked at the front page; the author seemed to be Xiumin.

[Page One:]

~ I have finally reached the temple; there was nothing unique about this place. No one has visited here. The ruins remained untouched. This could be the site where our ancestors have made the agreements. If I could just find the book! The book holds the keys to we are who we are and – (The rest of the page was water damaged and torn.

[Page Two:]

~ We managed to finds some ruins and are soon heading to port. Kris has found a necklace. I think it’s the necklace Suho has left years back to protect the people. However, it is of no importance to me so I let him have it. Something odd had occurred though when we were at the temple. We were being followed. I believe that the enemy has followed us here. Just as we were to leave, the ruins stared to crumble. There was a huge blast coming from underneath us. Kris and I were able to escape the same way we usually did, but Kris told me he saw our enemy.  He seems to want it all. He see- (The rest of the page was damaged)

{The rest of the pages had pictures of various objects and maps}

.

.

.

(Back At Kris’s Library)

Xiumin… Xiumin? Wasn’t he the guy that Kris was going to meet back in Prague? That’s impossible; maybe this Xiumin was just like a great grandchild or something. But… It’s still odd that they mentioned Kris…

I decided to ignore what was happening. I got up out of the chair and headed towards the window. Wow! You could see everything from this widow! I could even see my house and-and… Wait what was that! There was a man limping towards the mansion by the forest!

I grabbed a pair of binoculars by the window. When I looked through it I saw Luhan! What was he doing there?!?! Wait! Could he be confused? Maybe he thought it was Kris’s house, or maybe mines? He looked like he was in a lot of pain so I decided to run out of Kris’s house to save him.

It was easier to find an exit in Kris’s house. I locked the doors and hurried out. Luhan had managed to enter the mansion before I got there. Memories of my ordeal there started to reenter my mind, but Luhan was in danger!

The mansion seemed empty. I heard some footsteps in the distance so I decided to follow them. As I quickened my pace I saw Luhan! He headed toward the door at the far end of the hallway. I hurried after him, “Luhan?” I yelled, but there was no answer. I finally reached the end of the hallway; I peeked through the opening of the door Luhan had passed though.

There were more men inside; they seemed to be in a circle. Luhan was sitting in a chair in the middle of the room. He looked like he was in a lot of pain. A man who had his back turned to me took Luhan’s injured hand and wrapped it. He said, “what happened? Where did you go? You went to see her after Kris had left. You promised to end this ordeal soon, but you have returned injured!” Luhan looked at the man, “It’s a long story. He has returned, our old boss. I thought we had gotten rid of him when he had fought with Kris long ago, but somehow he returned and is stronger than ever. He wants his revenge and the only way he can hurt us is if he hurts her. Kris left, he told her that he’s going to Prague, but he’s actually going to find Xiumin. Xiumin’s still on the mission of trying to find Suho, but nothing has changed. He still hasn’t found him. The last I heard, Xiumin’s in China looking for Yixing. He was with Suho those days so he might be able to help us defeat our old boss.”

One of the men on the far end jolted up, “Luhan, I think someone’s here!” With a blink on an eye the doors flew open. I was blinded by the bright lights and I felt two pairs of arms grab me. They threw me to the ground. Quickly trying to regain my posture I stood up. Luhan was hovering over me, “What are you doing here? I thought you went back home with Tao and Eun Soo? You shouldn’t be out on your own. Wait, how long were you there?” I replied, “I just heard that Kris went to look for Xiumin who’s looking for someone named Suho and Yixing. But what do you mean Kris is not in Prague?”

Luhan froze for a second then replied, “ Um… Uh… Well, you see… Kris went to find his older brother Xiumin, but he’s not in Prague. He said he’ll be back in a month so don’t worry too much. Kris has a tendency to hide stuff.” I heard the men start to laugh, I heard one of them saying, “Didn’t Kris have a girl back there once? I heard she’s usually with Xiumin because she’s related to him. Maybe that’s why he went back, maybe they’re back together?” Luhan glared at them, but my heart sunk.

What was Kris doing for a month in China and what’s this story about another girl? Luhan seemed to sense that I was sad, he cupped his hands on my cheeks and said, “ Baby, why are you so sad? You have me remember? I told you not to stay around Kris too much. He does that a lot, he and Xiumin’s girl have been close for a while now, but I don’t see why you would be bothered by that. You have me and I promise you that I will always stay true to you!” With that he kissed me. It was very romantic and passionate, but I quickly pulled away because I could sense that many eyes were glued to me.

Just then there was a loud bang coming from downstairs. Luhan grabbed my hand and pulled me. we started to run, but everything was turning foggy. I could hear screams in a distance. I could feel Luhan’s grip loosen. There were more screams. I could also hear gunshots from a distance. Everything was spinning…

.

.

.

《To be continued. ..》