Chapter 2: Second Chance

In Too Deep

I looked up at that familiar face. The smile that seemed to make me forget everything, my past and present meant nothing. If I could look into those mesmerizing eyes for even a second more I knew I would be in heaven. But just then I came back into reality. Luhan was still staring at me as if I was sick.

“Um…Uh… Thanks. You were the guy that helped me last time too right? At Prague?” Luhan nodded. He helped me up and said, “I just transferred here, have you been here for a while? Never mind, let’s go to class.” I was left dumbstruck by shock and I soon found myself in class.

I sat down at the back, hoping no one noticed that I was pregnant, but come to think of it why did the doctor say that I was almost 7 months pregnant, I barely returned from Prague a month ago. Come to think of it, the last week I spent in Prague was odd. I met a guy that was too good to be true, ended up breaking my heart, and randomly becoming pregnant.

Just then Luhan snapped in front of my face. “What are you day dreaming about?” he asked. I looked up at him, but I was in loss of words. How could a guy look so perfect, his face was just angelic? “Um…uh… nothing, just thinking about my time in Prague” I replied. His eyes looked dark as I said that last part, but he quickly changed back and smiled at me.

.

.

.

As the days went by, Luhan and I became close. He was what I always imagined a gentleman would be like. As I was walking with him in the park my stomach started to hurt. Could it be time already? I started to sweat, what was happening? My head started to spin, and all I can remember was seeing Luhan’s face full of concern.

.

.

.

(Dream)

 The room was spinning; I was feeling hot and sweaty. I could feel someone’s hand on me. Next thing I noticed was the soft sheets below me. What is this? Who is that dark figure towering over me? Why did his eyes look warm, yet dark and hungry? Why was it cold all of a sudden? What’s this warm touch? “Kris…”

.

.

.

(Present)

 

I awoke with a sudden jolt. I looked around. Where was I? Why did I feel an awful pain in my legs and why did my stomach feel empty? “You’re finally up. You had me worried for a second. I have great news for you though! It’s a girl and she looks as beautiful as you!” I looked around and my eyes met Luhan’s, he seemed so happy and then my eyes fell on the bundle he was holding in his hand.

Just then he came closer to me, “I don’t know what you want to name her. She has your smile. We were worried about you, you were out cold for a couple of days, but not to worry I took care of her. Do you want to name her now?” I looked at Luhan dumfounded then I realized what happened.

Luhan seemed to have read my mind, “you fainted at the park and I brought you here. They said that you were not taking care of yourself well and that you should have been here at the hospital the whole time because you were almost due. By the way, did you have a nightmare?”

My head started to hurt again as he said those words. He quickly took my baby out of my hands and called the doctor. My doctor came running in.

.

.

.

It was finally they day that I was discharged from the hospital. Luhan met me outside with his signature smile. I decided to name my baby Eun Soo, but I nicknamed her Kelly. As I was walking out with Kelly, Luhan ran up to me and took Kelly into his arms, “Aigoo, what a cute smile. Look she’s smiling at me!” Just then my heart started to beat fast, just looking at his smile made me feel like I was in Heaven. Just then I heard footsteps again, my heart started to sink as I smelled the scent of blossoms. I looked around and around, but I didn’t see anyone. I decided to forget what I felt and looked at Luhan. His eyes looked dark again. “Hey I’ll meet you at the car, I forgot something at the hospital” he placed Eun Soo in my hands and rushed off towards the hospital.

A few minutes later, Luhan was back. He was smiling again and we drove home.

Luhan decided to always visit me at home. I loved seeing him smile at me. The way he looked at me made my heart skip a beat. Could a guy that looked and acted like a pure angel treat me so well when the rest of society condemned me as a with a kid? But I knew  I couldn’t fall in love again, remembering what happened with Kris at Prague I knew too well that I reality no matter how nice a guy is, he would only want one thing and that was pleasure.

I snapped back to reality, “Hey Luhan, can you watch Eun Soo tonight? I have to go the library and drop off some things.” He nodded at me.

I rushed out the doors, it was getting dark but I had to return the books and PowerPoints to the library before it closes. I got to campus in 10 minutes. Waiting in line at the library I couldn’t help but feel as if I was being followed. The smell of blossoms was in the air again and my head started to hurt. Finally it was my turn and I turned in the supplies. As I left the library the stars came up outside.

Shoot! I thought to myself. I hate the dark ever since that day. As I was walking I heard footsteps approaching. It didn’t seem like one pair of feet. I was getting nervous. I started to run and as I did the footsteps quickened in pace. I turned a corner only to be stopped by 4 men. They smirked at me, but before I could do anything, I was hit in the back by a bat.

.

.

.

“She’s kind of cute, who wants to go first?” a man with a rough voice said. I heard more chatter in a distance, I tried to move but it was no use. I was tied to something. There was a throbbing pain in my head. “Hey she’s finally up. Good morning Sleeping Beauty” a guy came up to me with a smirk on his face. My heart started to pound, memories of Prague stared to comeback, the fear I felt and the love I felt. My head started to spin, the pain was unbearable. “What’s up with her? Hey guys take her to my room, I’ll be first. Who cares if she’s acting a little weird, just give her the shot.” I heard some footsteps approach me and then one of the guys grabbed my hand. He jabbed something in there then I felt a warm liquid pass though the veins in my body. Just then I felt my self being carried and thrown unto a soft bed. I felt someone climb on top of me. I felt hands on my skin, lifting my dress up.

But just then I heard a loud bang and people screaming. The guy stopped what he was doing and got up, “what the heck”. Just then that smell came back, the smell of blossoms. I saw a dark figure tower over me again, “Why do we have to meet like this again” he said but I was too weak to answer and everything turned black.

.

.

.

I was awakened to the sound of cars passing by. I heard my name at a distance. My vision was still blurry, but I could make out a figure running towards me. In minutes he was in front of me, “Where were you? I was so worried when you didn’t come home. I called the library and they said that you left hours ago. I let the neighbors take care of Eun Soo.” Luhan helped me up and he led me back home. I was trying my hardest to remember what happened after I left the library, but it was a blur, all I could remember was the smell of blossoms.

Luhan helped me onto bed and gave me some nerve medicine. He also brought a bowl of water and placed a wet cloth on my head. He looked deep into my eyes and said, “I know what I’m about to say might make you feel uncomfortable, but when you went missing I knew I loved you.” My heart started to pound faster and faster that I was afraid he would hear. He smiled and continued, “I know you are a woman who already has a child from another man, but that doesn’t change anything. I feel like I’m the child’s father honestly, because I was the one there when you gave birth. Um… Uh… what I’m trying to say is, will you be my girlfriend?”

I didn’t know what to do. Ever since the Kris incident I never truly wanted to fall in love again. But should love deserve another chance? All I could do was smile back at him.

.

.

.

(Next Day)

I arrived on campus hand in hand with Luhan. I was the happiest I ever been. I looked up at Luhan expecting to see his gorgeous smiled, but I was shocked to see him looking angry. I decided to look at the direction he was looking at. I heard some girls at a distance mumbling something. Luhan clutched my hand harder. I decided to forget what the girls were mumbling about and tried to look at where Luhan was looking. I could make out a tall figure approaching, clearly he dressed well. Then my jaw dropped. Could it be? How was it possible? Kris…

.

.

.

《Too be continued. ..》