Chapter 6: History

In Too Deep

(December 17, 1886 – Kris’s Point of View)

I was walking on the sandy beach by the newly settled town. The sun was staring to set so I decided to find Luhan. He was always with his beloved. Just then I heard voices in the distance. It was Luhan’s beloved!

She looked angry and worried. I saw her glancing from side to side and quicken her pace. I decided to follow her because she was Luhan’s beloved and I did not want her to get hurt. She turned into an alley. The atmosphere felt odd.

I heard another voice. He said, “Did you get what I asked for? Is he one of them? And what about his brother? Are they the same?” I hid underneath the porch. I saw Luhan’s beloved panicking, “I think they are the same, but they are not of the same blood. Please do not hurt him, please” The man looked back at her, “I need Luhan so I can get what is truly mine. My family had spent their entire lives trying to find his kind and I can’t just let him go!” Just then I saw the mad pull something out of his pocket! It was a gun. He aimed at her! Just then I decided to attack that man.

I fought him, but he was surprisingly strong for his kind. I struggled and I finally had him on the ground when I heard Luhan’s beloved scream. I turned to see why she had screamed and to my horror I saw blood dripping from her chest. I looked down at the man and his hand was on the trigger! How could this have happened?

I heard a man humming in the distance. It was Luhan! How am I going to explain to him what has happened? As long as the man is here everything would be ok. I got up trying to get the man, but he caught me by surprise and shot me! ~

.

.

.

(End of Kris’s Point of View)

.

.

.

(Present - Dream)

Where was I? What is this place? I walked around an empty hallway.  At a distance I could here two men arguing. I decided to follow the voices to see what was happening.

I finally arrived at the source of the voices. I reached to touch the door handle but I froze when I heard my name. I turned and saw a strange looking man behind me. He was very handsome, but he was intimidating.

He smiled and whispered, “You know you shouldn’t be here right? Come let’s go back to where you came from. It’s not safe for a young woman as yourself to wandering around when an enemy is visiting. By the way I am Tao. I take care of security here. Did Kris tell you anything about me?” I nodded my head; I had never heard of Kris needing security, he seemed to be strong enough to take care of himself.

Tao led me back into Kris’s room; he told me to sit in bed while I grabbed a chair and placed it by my bed. He sat down and began to speak, “Kris and him used to be best friends, but it all changed in a day. But enough about that how did you end up meeting my big brother Kris? He talks a lot about you. I was so excited when I heard that you are carrying his child! I have never seen him so happy! He can finally stay here after your child’s birth! But I have to tell you something about us though; you know that a normal pregnancy is about 9 months right? Well for us it will be around 3 to 4 months! Hahaha! What I’m trying to say is-”

Tao was cut off by a loud banging noise outside our door. Tao’s expression darkened and he motioned me to stay where I was. He slowly crept to the door, but within minutes the door flew open and Tao was sent flying through the air to the other side of the room. Tao hit his head on the wall and remained motionless!

Just then I saw a man approaching me! He had a hood on and he had a cloth covering his nose and mouth. The only thing I could see where his eyes. They were brown, but suddenly they turned a light green! Within seconds he was in front of me! He grabbed me by my throat and pushed me against the wall. I started chocking! ~

.

.

.

(Present)

I awoke sweating. I tried to get up, but a painful jolt came across my body. I saw a man approaching, he looked familiar. He was handsome and intimidating at the same time. He smiled down at me and placed a tray on the table. He turned his head to the back and said, “Kris! She’s finally awake, but she looks confused!”

With saying that he went out the door. I could hear voices outside. It sounded like Kris. He said, “Don’t tell her anything ok? For all she knows, this is the first time you guys met ok? Tao you can’t tell her about us either!”

Wait! Did he just say Tao?!?! That name sounded so familiar, but where have I heard it before? Just then there was a sharp pain in my head. I placed both of my hands on my head and started to scream in pain. I heard some hurried footsteps and then a hand touched my forehead. It was a warm hand and within seconds the pain was gone. I looked up to see who it was and it was Kris.

He looked worried and calm at the same time. I looked around the room, it looked familiar. It was Kris’s house. He leaned over me to reach a bowl. My heart started to beat and I was pretty sure he heard because I saw smile forming on his lips. He put a towel inside the bowl and in a few seconds he took it out and placed it on my head. It was surprisingly fragrant and warm. It soothed me and eventually I was asleep.

.

.

.

(The Next Morning)

I awoke to the rays of the sun. Just then I remembered what happened from the day before! Where was Eun Soo? I quickly got out of bed and hurried out the door. I didn’t care about the sharp pain I was feeling because all I cared about that moment was Eun Soo.

The hallway was huge and long, just like that mansion by the forest. I glanced up and saw antique paintings. There was a door open at the far end of the hall. There was a dim light coming through the door so I decided to follow it. I heard a cooing noise inside and peeked through the door.

My heart started to melt when I saw Kris holding Eun Soo in his arms. He was quietly singing to her. He really looked like a father at that moment. Just then Kris turned and smiled at me, “Don’t worry Eun Soo’s fine. She started to cry, I don’t know what to do. But when I started to sing to her she fell right back to sleep. I’ve been giving her formula milk and baby food so you should rest more. You were shot two weeks ago, but luckily it wasn’t that serious. You had me worried though, because after you awoke three days ago you never awoke again. But luckily you’re strong enough to walk now. I’ll take you back to your room with Eun Soo. I know how much you love her so I let her sleep in your room.” With that he took my hand with his free hand and took me back.

.

.

.

(1 Week Later)

I actually enjoyed the time I spent with Kris, but today was the day he had to return to Prague. Apparently his oldest brother was coming to visit so he had to help him. I was sad, but I have Luhan. Luhan! Oh no! I forgot to call him in three weeks!

I quickly picked up my phone, to my shock there was only one text message from him. It read:

~ Hey Baby, are you ok? Why haven’t you called me? It’s been weeks. Are you ok? I hope you are and hopefully you come back to class soon. I hope you’re not leaving me for Kris. You know I love both you and Eun Soo more than myself. Please don’t break up with me or hurt me. ~

Just then Kris came into my room; he had his suitcases with him. He also had a small package with him, “Here this is for you. It’s a necklace that’s said to protect you against bad people. Since I’ll be gone for a month I hope it will protect you. Also, I told Tao to look after you while I’m gone.” I felt my heart beat fast; I took the necklace from the box and put it on. I looked back at Kris, but he looked a little disappointed, he probably wanted to put the necklace one me.

Just then he took Eun Soo in his arms and said, “Daddy will be back sweetheart. Don’t get into any trouble and take care. Your mom and Uncle Tao will watch over you!” Tao entered the room when he heard his name and he took the suitcases out of Kris’s hands. Kris took me by my arm again and we headed out the doors. There was a car waiting for him. Tao placed the bags in the trunk and Kris handed me Eun Soo. He then lowered himself. I thought that he was going to kiss my head, but to my surprise he kissed me in my lips. It felt so refreshing and pure. It was like I was in heaven, but just then I could hear Tao giggling and pulled away. Kris looked back at Tao annoyed, but he left.

I waited until the car left, and then turned to Tao. There was another car waiting and Tao beckoned me to go there. I took Eun Soo and sat in the back. Tao took the driver’s seat and we started to drive to my house. It wasn’t far, but it felt like hours because the car was silent. Tao didn’t talk to me at all, and when we reached our destination he just opened my door and helped me with some suitcases. I was surprised that I had suitcases because I never took any with me.

As soon as I reached home I lay on the couch with Eun Soo. Just then I heard a sound from the kitchen. I placed Eun Soo on a nearby crib and slowly crept to the kitchen. I grabbed onto a rod by the fireplace. I was about to swing it at a figure that was in wandering around, but he turned and it was Luhan! He looked different somehow. He looked weaker. Just then he tumbled to the ground.

I caught him just in time and took him to my room. I put him on my bed.

.

.

.

(A Few Hours Later)

Luhan finally awoke, “Luhan, what happened? Are you ok? I was so worried.” Luhan looked up at me, “Where were you all this time!” Just then he pulled me and kissed me on my lips! I pulled him away, but something odd happened. The room looked foggy and I heard a glass break downstairs. I heard a pair of footsteps running toward up, but it was too late. Just then I felt something hard hit my head and everything went black.

.

.

.

(Present)

I awoke to a sharp pain on my arm. I looked back and I saw that my arms and legs were bound. Luhan was there too! We were both bound to a poll. Where were we? Just then I heard someone walk up to us. He was dragging someone with him. It was Tao!

Tao was tied up too. The man that had him threw him to the floor in front of us. Tao looked seriously injured; he didn’t even open his eyes.

The man that was dragging Tao left. The room was quiet again. Luhan shifted so that he was facing Tao, “Tao? Get up, what’s wrong? Why are we here?” Tao struggled, but he finally sat up. Tao looked at both of us, “It’s them again Luhan. They are back, that’s why Kris left. He went to find Xiumin, because he’s the only one strong enough to fight them off! But it will take them a month to get here!” Luhan’s eyes widened, “What?!?! Wait! Why would they want her?” Luhan pointed at me and Tao looked worried, “She’s the only one that is the weakest and she’s the only one that can stop us! You have to admit that both of you want her safe.” Tao then turned to me, “Don’t worry, when I realized that one of the bad guys are back I took Eun Soo. I left her with a trust worthy brother so don’t worry. After that the men were chasing after me and now I’m here.”

I was shocked, why does this always happen to me. I was so confused so I asked, “Luhan, Tao, what is going on here? Who came back? Who’s the enemy?” Luhan and Tao both exchanged glances. Luhan spoke up first, “I know that you know that Kris and I aren’t in good terms, but there are a lot of bad people on this Earth. Ever since we have moved here another man had always followed us. At first we were friends, he was the one that made us strong and pushed us so that we can use our full potential. But, he used us to his own selfish ways. We were so drained of energy! We were literally robots. One day Kris decided to fight that man. It was a gruesome fight, but he managed to make it through. I was trapped too, but-”

Luhan was cut off by someone opening the door. A big man came, followed by others. They ran up to us and dragged us out of the room. Before we knew it, we were separated. I didn’t know where the others went, but I was thrown into a room.

The room was well lit, but as soon as a touched the ground I could tell I wasn’t alone. Another man grabbed me and tied me to a chair. He then grabbed my face roughly and made me meet his eyes. He looked like a kind man, but when I saw his eyes I could see that they were full of evil! Could this be the man Luhan and Tao feared?

I didn’t have time to think, because threw my face to the side. He told the man that was by the door to shut it. Then he came closer to me, “Tell me where he went and you won’t get hurt. Make him knell to me and I’ll let you free” There was evil in his eyes. Was he talking about Kris? No, I won’t tell him! Kris saved me and I should do the same.

The man got impatient and he pulled something out. It was a knife! He placed it by my throat; I could feel a drop of blood start to flow out of my skin! ~

.

.

.

《Too be continued. ..》