Heart That Shows My Love For You

Shape of Happiness

“I want to go home..,” she said.

 

“Right, let’s get you back home first.”

 

“I can go home alone, oppa.”

 

“You think I will let you going back alone? Let me take you home, hyun-ah. What if you fainted again?” He was frustrated by her stubbornness. He realized that she was different. He still doesn’t understand with her sudden change of behavior. She was giving him cold shoulder by ignoring his call and now she seems annoyed seeing him in the same room with her and refused to let him drive her home. Is she mad about the kiss? He knows they are not parted in a really good way that night. Could that be the reason why?

 

 “I’m fine now.”

 

She think she is, but she knows she isn’t, emotionally. Obviously, his presence still affects her, and in order to not let her feeling showed, she wanted to keep the distance between them. Because his caring nature can give her false hope and she doesn’t want to torture her already broken heart.

 

“Hyun, don’t be stubborn. I won’t let you go home alone.” His voice is clear and firm, not interest of any more argument and rejection. “Besides Ommonim ask me to bring you home.” He added, hoping this excuse will make her accept his offer.

 

So that’s why he was here, because Omma ask him to. He wasn’t here because of you, Seohyun-ah.

 

Seohyun knows she was just being an irrational, childish woman by act this way. It’s not even his fault to begin with. Biting her inside lips, she said slowly, “Ahrasso.”

 

 

 

"Is there something wrong, hyun?" he started the conversation. Somehow, it's been in his thought for a while, as to why she was suddenly acted cold towards him and he ought to find out. It hurt knowing she did avoiding him in purpose, whatever the reason is.

 

He kept glancing at her who sits fidgety in the car. "Why did you not answering my call,hyun? Is this about that kiss? Are you mad at me?"

 

“Are you?”

 

“No.. About the kiss, I'm not regret doing it. Though I regret my sudden leaving and got sick for 2 days after that day, makes me leaving you with no explanation from my part for too long. But for me, it's not because I got caught up at the moment, Hyun. It hurts me when I know for you it was just nothing."

 

He was sick?

 

 "Let's not talk about it, oppa."

 

"Avoiding it doesn't change the fact that it happen. We need to talk about it for me to know why you were ignoring me these past few days."

 

"I'm not."

 

“Then tell me why are you behaving this way?”

 

"Why you want to know?”

 

"Why can’t I?"

 

“What are we, oppa?”

 

“Why you keep answering my question with question?”

 

“Then why don’t you answering me first?”

 

He sighed and thought it’s not good to keep driving in this situation and stop the car in the edge of the road. He looked at her eyes and said, “I care for you, Hyun. Can’t you feel it? I want to be your strength; I want to be your happiness, just like what you are for me, my happiness.”

 

She bit her inside lips trying to calm her nerves after hearing what he said. Half of her wanted to over joy, half of it still can’t believe what he said when it’s too good to be true.

 

"I.. it's not right, oppa.”

 

“Why?”

 

“It hurts me when you say something that too good to be true, oppa. It might lead me to have some false hope. I don’t think I can handle anymore heartbreak. Besides, it’s unfair for her.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Your girlfriend.. The woman in your apartment..”

 

“What?” He chuckled, “There’s no one in my apartment beside me, but I admit there’s a woman who comes every morning to clean my house, but ahjumma really not my girlfriend as long as I remember.”

 

“Stop joking.”

 

“I don’t have a girlfriend for so long, hyun. If happen you really did come to my apartment 3 days ago as what ommonim said, then you must be seeing Krystal, and she was not my girlfriend.” He said. “Krystal is my blind date that my mother set up for me, I can’t refuse my mom when she promise it will be the last time she set me up with one of her friend’s daughter, knowing I never get interest. I met her but nothing happened. She was cheerful, pretty, kind, smart but she wasn’t the one I want. So I clearly said it to her and she accepted that.”

 

She snorted. “It’s funny how you said you weren’t interested but you bring her back to your apartment while your hand is in her back.” Oh great, now I sounded like a jealous girlfriend.

 

“You must see it in a very good angle, huh? But did you see that she was walking a bit limp?”

 

She didn’t.

 

“She was accidentally fall and broke her heels, so I took her to the nearest place, my apartment, and lend her some sneakers and then took her back to her office. That was it. Believe me, Hyun.”

 

Yonghwa saw the hesitation in her eyes; she was in the verge of crying.

 

His hand reaches her palms, while the other hands caressing her cheek lightly try to reassure her.

 

"Is this the reason why you keep ignoring me?"

 

She nodded.

 

“Be mine, Hyun. Because I can’t imagine any other girl can give me happiness as I have in you. And I want to give you the same amount of happiness.. ani.. I want to give you more, but only if you allowed me to.”

 

That did it, the tears flowing freely in her cheek. But it isn’t the tears of broken heart like before; it is tears of relieve and happiness. She still can’t believe it happen and it’s true.

 

Yonghwa wipes her tears and kiss her forehead slowly to her nose, and to her cheek.

 

She smiles, feeling stupid for crying at the moment like this.

 

His eyes darted to her lips, she knows what he wanted. “Do you allow me, Hyun?” he asked.

 

She nodded, suddenly feeling shy by how he thinks he needs to ask of permission.

 

It took no time for his lips to meet hers.

 

This is how she picture her first kiss would be.

 

Gentle, soft, and warm.

 

They enjoy the kiss, savoring every moment.

 

When they broke the kiss, he rest his forehead in hers, their nose touch and he says, ”You torture me, you know, when you ignoring me for days. I want to come to you but I think I should give you the present for you to understand that I’m deadly serious of you.”

 

“What present?”

 

“That you don’t have to move anymore. That I already convince the shareholders to move the location.”

 

“Really? How you do that, oppa?”

 

“With the power of love?” he joked.

 

“Eyy..” She cringed by his cheesy line.

 

“But I heard you already sign the contract?”

 

“Ah, that. I cancel it. I think running away won’t ever solve the problem.”

 

“Good. Because I won’t allow you run away from me anymore.” He circled his hand in her waist and hug her.

 

“What if your mother set you up with another girl?”

 

He smiles, kiss her temple and answers, “That’s right. I should introduce you to my mother faster so she won’t ever think to set me up with other girl anymore.”

 

“What if she doesn’t like me?”

 

“Ne, she won’t like you I guess.”

 

Seohyun hit him lightly at his joke, make him laugh. “Ottoke?”

 

“Aniya, she will love you, Hyun.”

 

***

 

Seohyun sit fidgety in her seat, hand touching the cup of tea in the table. In front of her, a middle age woman was studying her.

 

Yonghwa nudged her, hoping it would make her less nervous in front of his mother.

 

One month after they got together, Yonghwa arrange a meeting with his mother, he wanted to introduce Seohyun to her. Seohyun think it’s too early for that, she hesitated at first, but Yonghwa gave an excuse that it is necessary for his mother stop setting him up with another blind date.

 

So here they are sitting in one of the class room in her orphanage. Mi Sun ahjumma is going out to fetch the kids from school.

 

"Seohyun-shi.."

 

"Ne..ommonim."

 

"You are very pretty." she said, smiling.

 

"Thank you, ommonim."

 

"Just call me omma from now on. You are the first woman Yonghwa ever introduce to me. I almost give up set him up with woman, he never get interest to settle down. I thought maybe he was just not ready but apparently he was just not met the right girl yet. I’m so happy finally a day likes this come when he would bring a girl to introduce to me.”

 

“Omma, I already told you not to worry, but you keep pushing me to that non-stop blind date.” Yonghwa complained.

 

“Then what was I supposed to do, when I don’t see you took interest in marriage.” His mother sighed.

 

"So, Seohyun, I heard this orphanage is yours, it's rare for a young girl having dreams like this nowadays." She added.

 

Seohyun smiles hearing Yonghwa’s mother warm words. Though they are from a wealthy family but they are not arrogant and not look down at her, instead she is very kind and friendly.

 

"At first it is my dream to help this kids, but as I grow older, I think it works otherwise. The kids are the one who help me to grow with no loneliness and makes me learn so much, omma."

 

Kim Yu bin get surprised the first time she got Yonghwa’s call, saying that he already has a girlfriend. She thought maybe he was lying to make her giving up. But the following week he arranged her meeting with this girl, Seohyun. She started to think what was so special about this girl that can change Yonghwa's mind.

 

Moreover, when Yonghwa tell her about this girl, he seems very happy.

 

When she first met the girl, she thought this girl is pretty with sparkling eyes she had. But she already saw many girls who are prettier than her and set them up with Yonghwa which he always refused, so it is not only about the face that attracts him.

 

After she talked to Seohyun she can see how kindhearted this girl is.

 

She knows this girl not from rich family, but she can give so many from what she had.

 

She is mature, polite and calm, more than any girl at her age.

 

***

 

Six months later, Yonghwa felt overwhelmed seeing his mother, Seohyun, Mi Sun ahjumma and all the kids in one room, playing and laughing together. His mother always loves kids, so she can be close with them in short time.

 

He saw Seohyun walk pass by him, leaving the room, he follows her quietly. She got surprised when suddenly he catches her wrist and leads her to the other room.

 

Close the door; he trapped her in his arms.

 

“I miss you.” He said.

 

“I’m right in front of you since earlier, oppa.”

 

“Ah, but why I always missing you, Hyun? Though you never leave my sight.”

 

“Cheesy oppa. Now let me go, they are waiting for me taking the guitar.”

 

“Kiss me first.”

 

She gives him a light peck on his cheek.

 

“You called that a kiss?”

 

She rolled her eyes. He smirks.

 

He kisses her lips gently for 5 seconds and gives her once, twice, and thrice pecks on her lips before letting her go to take the guitar.

 

Leaning in one of the table in the class room, he starts to strum the guitar. All eyes are on him. He plays children song and all the kids are singing along.

 

“Next I will play a special song for someone special.” Yonghwa said.

 

He gives the kids a meaningful gaze. That means the kids should start their secret plan. He already teaches them secretly the plan since a month ago.

 

The kids start to take position to line up, each one of them holding a rose that have been hidden behind the table. When he starts strumming, the kids walk one by one to Seohyun, who sits curiously.

 

They handed Seohyun the rose one by one while Yonghwa singing Love Light.

 

If she was surprised earlier, now she is overjoyed.

 

She can’t even stop smiling like an idiot.

 

The kids then line up again in front of her, singing along with the song.

 

Yonghwa walks closer to Seohyun then bends his knee. Luna come to him bringing a small box, kissing his cheek, she handed him the box and innocently says, “Did this means you will gonna be our Appa?”

 

Seohyun gaped. The elder laughed.

 

He chuckled, “Only if your Omma accept and wear what’s inside this box. Do you want ahjussi be your appa?”

 

Luna nodded.

 

“Can you please convince her to wear it?”

 

Luna nodded enthusiastically this time, then looking at Seohyun with pleading eyes that hard to refuse.

 

Well, it’s not like she wants to refuse it anyway.

 

Opening the box contain a beautiful simple ring with a small diamond in the middle he asks, “Seo Joo Hyun, will you marry me?”

 

She starts sobbing that time. “Yes.”

 

He puts the ring in her ring finger and hugs her.

 

That did it.

 

The kids shout happily, now they have an appa.

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun’s mother are sobs in joy.

 

He felt like the happiest man in the world.

 

It’s funny how in his life he just realized that he never felt real happiness before he met her and how happiness can come just in a simple form.

 

When you can be loved and give love, it’s happiness.

 

When you can be the reason of others to smile, it’s happiness.

 

When you can be grateful for everything you’ve got, it’s happiness.

 

Happiness should be your measurement of success.

 

Not beauty, not fame, not even wealth.


What’s interesting is you can’t afford happiness

 

You are blessed with it.

 

 

END.

 

 

A.N: Finally it's finish. How is it? I would like to hear your comment of this story if you don't mind. keke.. 

I hope you like the story and can learn something from it. 

Now I want to focus on my new fanfic "Scoop" here is the link if you want to read it.. *advertising*

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/800384/scoop-seohyun-yonghwa-yongseo

 

Tough in KCON LA no Yongseo moment but I still believe Yongseo is real. I hope all the best happen for them till forever.

 

For all of you who already read this, giving your comment , subcribes, upvote, which I really appreciate

Thank you so much..

 

See you in next story.

 

XOXO