Polygon of Heartbreak and Confussion

Shape of Happiness

‘Hyun, tomorrow I will have a board meeting about the building, I promise I will do my best to keep the place. Good night.’

 

That what’s in his text to her that night.

 

It’s been 2 days after that day since he started calling her again. Knowing she won’t answer no matter how many times he called, he started to text her, which she never replied, too.

 

“Where’s Yonghwa ahjussi, Omma? I miss him..” Luna blurted this morning yet she just smiles and said maybe he won’t come anymore to this place because he is a very busy businessman. She felt bad for breaking the hope of the kids but giving them false hope wasn’t an option either.

 

After what she saw that day, she tried to think realistic while keep her calm. That they were never meant to be. So she tried to cut any contact.

 

He was once a stranger after all.

 

Seohyun thinks it for the best. He was never said anything about his feelings to her anyway. Maybe he was just playing with her, maybe he was just got curious of their differences, or maybe it’s pity that took him ought to help her.

 

She barely even knows him 2 weeks ago and now she thinks she doesn’t know herself anymore.

 

She was being a fool by falling so easily. And before she falls too deep, she should let go her feeling.

 

It’s for the best, she thought. She was better before she knows him.

 

She found a place far from the city, and though the price is a little higher but she thinks she should move out faster. She can’t let herself being pitied by him any longer. Her pride doesn’t allow it.

 

He can be with anybody that he likes, he can do anything that he wants, and it’s his rights anyway.

 

But she won’t let him play with her heart.

 

Yes, she really should move on.

 

But..

 

Why does her tears running down at her cheek?

 

Why does it still hurt so much?

 

***

 

"Omo, Yonghwa.. is that really okay?" Mi sun ahjumma asked.

 

"Of course, ommonim. I already persuade the shareholders in the board meeting to move the location."

 

"But will you be in trouble?"

 

"Aniya, ommonim. I found another place as an exchange and the boards member finally agree.. You know how persistence I am.."

 

Today he come to the orphanage earlier in the morning, couldn't wait to tell her that they don't need to move since he already move the location of their new building.

 

The shareholders decline at first but he doesn’t give up easily of course. He quickly find a new location to move, said that place is better than the previous one. By many meeting and argument, he was winning the decision, moreover, he is the CEO and Jung family have 50% share in the company.

 

"Thank you so much, Yonghwa. This place is so precious to us..omo.. I must tell Joohyun before she signs the contract." Mi sun ahjumma quickly dialed Seohyun number but no one answer.

 

"What contract, ommonim?"

 

"Yesterday, Joohyun already find a new place. It's far from the city and the price is higher but I don't know why suddenly she wants to rush to sign the contract instead looking for another place." Mi sun ahjumma said. "Did both of you fighting? Since 3 days ago after she goes to see you at your apartment she starts to act strange. Usually I can read her easily but this time I really don't know what happen."

 

He frowned. "She goes to see me 3 days ago at my apartment?"

 

"You don't meet her? omo.. I thought both of you fighting over something."

 

It's been 5 days he doesn't come to the orphanage and doesn't see her. He missed her terribly but the first 2 days he got cold by the rain and can't go out anywhere, the rest 3 days he got caught up by his work and to find a new place to convince the shareholders at the board meeting. He wanted to settle it faster to make her burden less.

 

It’s been 5 days, too, since the last time he talked to her. He try to called her after he got better from his cold, but in the span of 3 days, not even one of his call nor text that she replied.

 

Mi Sun ahjumma keep dialing Seohyun’s phone, but still no one answering.

 

Suddenly her phone ringing shows Seohyun name on the screen. Mi sun ahjumma quickly answer it. Yonghwa studied her face become pale, worry is written in it. When the phone ended, looked at him, she said in choke voices, ”Joohyun fainted.”

 

“What?” he asked, still unsure if he heard it right.

 

“The guy on the phone, he said that Joohyun fainted on the street. He saw her phone last caller and called me back. Now they were heading to the hospital. Ottoke, I can’t leave the babies alone since no one at home right now.”

 

Yonghwa felt his heart skip a beat hearing what Mi sun ahjumma said. “Where is it ommonim? I will go there.”

 

Yonghwa quickly rushed after Mi sun ahjumma tells him the hospital location.

 

 

He has mixed feelings while he drives. He recalled what Mi sun ahjumma said earlier that she come to his apartment 3 days ago, but he was sure she never showed up. It’s been 3 days too since she started ignoring his call.

 

Seolma…?

 

When he arrived in the hospital, he was running like a mad man. He was afraid if there’s something happen to Seohyun.

 

What if bad guy took advantage of her while she was unconscious?

 

In the emergency room, he saw her lying unconsciously, like an angel who just falling asleep peacefully. She was alone, so he sits beside her bed and took her palm to hold.

 

The nurse then came to check on her condition. “Is she okay?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“Ne, apparently she was fainted due to fatigue and stress. She got a bit cold, too. But she will be okay.”

 

“Then why she isn’t wake up yet?”

 

“She is sleeping, sir. She took medicine earlier when she was conscious. The doctor told her to rest a bit more. She will wake up in no time. Don’t worry.”

 

 

When she wakes up, she felt there is a hand holding her hand. She got surprised to see him there. Sleep with one hand as his pillow and one hand holding her hand.

 

She let go of her hand makes him wake up. “Hyun, are you okay?”

 

“Why are you here?” Instead of answering, she asked him in her cold tone. 

 

 

A.N: Short update..At first, I intend to make it last chapter but I felt sleepy, it's already 2 am in my country, so I will cut it here and write the rest tomorrow since I still should working tomorrow morning. T^T

I will finish this story soon, I promise. 

Thank you all of you who already subscribe, upvote and comment. I really appreciate it. I love reading all your comment tough I dunno if I can reply it one by one but thank you so much, for reading this, too.

Suddenly i felt hungry..oh I really should go to sleep before I run to the kitchen and eat like a mad cow and grow fatter than this. keke..

Keep give your comment, subscribe and upvote if you don't mind.

Thank you..

 

PS : Is there anyone realize that I try to use one of the shape in the title of every chapter? It's failed I guess.haha..