Back To The Square Of Getting To Know You

Shape of Happiness

Yonghwa laid his head in his bed that night, his thought wander to his meeting with Seohyun this evening. He doesn't know why suddenly he said those words to her.

 

It's rare for him to say something without thinking carefully. But with her, he can't act like his usual self, he can't even think straight. She was furious when she heard him said that they don’t have to move.

 

Closing his eyes, he remembers their conversation again.

 

"If it's that hard than don't move." he said.

 

"Are you kidding me?" Seohyun said and sighed try to calm her emotion. "Is it funny for you? You chase out people and then ask them not to move? You think our life is a game, huh?"

 

"No, I don't mean it that way. What I say is I..I don't know, I just don't want to see you having a hard time."

 

"Why? Why did you do this, you make me confuse. I don't understand you at all." she said in frustration.

 

"I don't understand myself either."

 

"Can I ask why you choose this location? It’s not even located in the center of the city."

 

"I like the place because it is quite, not like in the center of the city that's so crowded. And it's near with my family house too. But that's not important anymore." he said. "Maybe I don't understand why I did this but I'm serious when I said to you not to move. I will try to move the location of my office."

 

"Don't make promises that you can't keep Yonghwa shi."

 

Her voiced echoed in his mind over and over again. Don’t get him wrong, he isn’t a man who just talks big to earned people respect. He is a man of his word. And he really did mean it when he said it earlier to her.

 

Since her words nag him really bad, he decided to see the location today. He wonders why and what did they love from the place. And when he experiences it himself, he kind of knows the reason. The neighbor was very friendly and nice, like a family. And it must be sadden them to be part of each other since they will move to different place.

 

It’s the first time for him to follow his heart more than his brain. Tell him he was heartless, but he can’t be this success if he uses his heart often to pity people and loses their opportunity.

 

What did Seohyun do to him to make him willingly sacrifice anything to her? He asked himself. However he thinks about it, it doesn’t make any sense. They just met thrice times, and two of the three times of their encounter wasn’t running smoothly. Though his heart going wild of happiness whenever he saw her. And now he really thinks to sacrifice himself to him. Tomorrow he will talk at the board meeting to move the location of the new office, but he knows it wouldn’t be easy, since he was the one who suggest that place. Though he is the CEO, but the shareholder has rights to tell their opinion. And of course to voice out their declination, too.

 

Was she worth it? He doesn’t know, but he just think it’s the right thing to do for now.

 

 

 

After that day, he starts to visit the orphanage, regularly. It’s been a week; He will come whenever he had spare time. Not because he has nothing to do, but he tried to finish his work early to save time to come to the orphanage. At first, Seohyun was oppose his visit but later she just grow tired to it and let him do all he want.

 

The kids are getting used at his presence, they will asks him to play everything. One time they just running at the backyard, another time they would play hide and seek. All the activities make him exhausted, he doesn’t even have time to go to the gym yet his body still so well builds by working out with those kids.

 

Unfortunately, the shareholder of the company decided to oppose his idea to move the location, said it was too late and the due date almost up. It’s impossible for them to find a new place within a month, they said. He still not give up though, to find the solution. But he doesn’t know how to tell her, afraid that she will get disappointed but he doesn’t want her to think that he was just talking big.

 

One weekend he comes as usual to the orphanage to visit the kids, and see her of course. The kids already wait for him. This time they will have a small birthday party to Myung soo. He comes with a big present wrap in a beautiful box with a blue ribbon on top. But he was not only come with one present, afraid of other kid’s jealousy if he only gives the present to Myung Soo. Jungshin was coming over with him, holding a big plastic full of present in it. He felt like a Santa in Christmas day without fat in the belly and white beard.

 

They settled in one of the class room, cake in the table with 10 birthday candle and Myung Soo and Seohyun behind the table. The other kids and the elder sat across the table.

 

“Make a wish.” One of the kids shouted.

 

“Wait, we should sing a happy birthday first to him,” Seohyun said.

 

“Omma should play piano.” Luna said.

 

“I will sing the song for Myung Soo as my birthday present,” Ji eun said shyly.

 

“I want bitday, too, omma.” The 3 years old, Ha na, blurted and suddenly cried makes the other baby cried in unison. The older one and elder carried the baby to stop them from crying.

 

Seohyun comes to Ha na and put her to sit on her lap to make her stop crying. “Later we will have Ha na birthday too with a big cake and big present. But, the birthday girl should smile to look pretty in her birthday.” she said.

 

“Can I have bitday tomorrow, omma?” she asked.

 

Ha na birthday is a day after Christmas, so Seohyun just smile and reply, “Not tomorrow, sweetheart, after Santa Claus come to our house, we will celebrate Ha na birthday, so Santa can come with a big present.”

 

“pwomise?” Ha na asked.

 

“Promise.” Seohyun said.

 

Seohyun was oblivious that there is one person in the room that can’t take his eyes off of her. Jungshin always told him that he was falling in love for sure but the thought of it just getting shrugged by him. But this time, he admits that he is indeed falling for her. The sight of her talk with the kids, makes him feel warm and unconsciously smiling. Suddenly the thought of settling down crosses his mind, and it wasn’t scary anymore, only if she is on the other side, it is worthy enough.

 

After that, they continue the celebration. With Myung Soo make a wish, blow the candle accompanied by birthday song rhythm from the piano played by Seohyun. The kids singing happily, some of them just shouted the lyric, not minding with the music.

 

Mi Sun Ahjumma cut the cake into small slices and shares the cake with the kids. The kids eat happily while their hand busy opening the present he prepared. Jungshin help Myung Soo to open the present and Myung Soo was excited to get the newest remote control car that he wanted.

 

Yonghwa found an old guitar in one of the class when he just come back from the rest room. He brought the guitar to the room and the kids getting excited, leaving their present on the floor.

 

“Ahjussi can play guitar?” Jin woo asked in amazement.

 

“Of course. Listen well, okay?” Yonghwa said.

 

The kids gather in front of him, watching him strumming his guitar silently. He played the Pororo theme soundtrack song and the kids singing along and dancing happily. Jungshin and Myung Soo can get along so well too, with them playing horse riding. Of course Jungshin being the tall horse ridden by Myung Soo, their motion following the song that been played.

 

Seohyun smiles to the sight of him playing along with the kids. Never, she thought that a man like him can get along so well with kids, but here he is, proving her wrong.

 

He looked up and for a split second that seems like forever, their eyes met. He smirks to , obviously realize by now that she was keep staring at him. She cut their eye contact first and immediately walks out the door. He laughed and continued his performance.

 

They play until it’s already the time for them to eat their lunch. So they all walk out from the room to the dining hall. The room consist 2 big and long table with the kids sit side by side. Some of them can eat alone and the babies are being fed by the older ones. Yonghwa sits in one of the chair and took a spoonful of his soup and the taste is so delicious. Seohyun sit across his seat in the dining table and sip her drink while her eyes still gazing at him. He ate rushly, not minding the hotness of the soup that just being cooked.

 

“Eat slowly; you will burn your mouth.” She said.

 

He looked up to her, never thought she would care of him, then smiling like a kids, while his hand holding a spoonful of the soup, “it’s so delicious”

 

“You are rich; you can eat any fancy food in an expensive restaurant that must be taste even better than this.”

 

“I never eat something as delicious as this though.” He said sincerely, she snorted but form a smile. “Ahjumma really can cook well.” He said while showing his right thumb to her who busyly feeding the baby in the other side of the table.

 

“Oh Yonghwa, It’s Seohyun who make this.” Mi sun Ahjumma said.

 

“Really?” He said, his eyes locked on her. She rolled her eyes avoiding his stare, suddenly feel shy and nervous.

 

“It’s delicious, really. I won’t get bored eating this everyday for my whole life.” He added, while his cheek bursted with smile.

 

“Eyy, h-how come a person not gets bored if eating the same food every day.” She kept looking down at her bowl as if that bowl is not an ordinary bowl but an antique one, so he won’t see her cheek blushed shyly. Seohyun knows maybe he doesn’t really mean what he said, but the thought of her whole life cook for him crosses her mind when he said that and that makes her nervous.

 

“I’m not an ordinary person, Seohyun shi. if you who makes the food, surely I won't ever get bored.”

 

“E-eat more, then, there’re plenty of it. I will take it for you.” Seohyun suddenly stood from her seat to take more soup in the kitchen, just to make him not see her cheek that already red like tomato.

 

Yonghwa laughed, he doesn’t know she has this side of her when she was shy, so cute. Even though she declared herself as a mother of those children, sometimes stubborn and look though in the outside but there is one side of her that still like an innocent kid. Secretly, he was happy to know more about her that makes him falling even more.

 

Suddenly the door open, showing a woman in her mid 20, holding a plastic bag that seems containing a present. The kids get excited and called her aunty. She walked to the birthday boy and kissed him in the cheek with the plastic bag oh her hand. She walked to the table and greeted everyone in the room.

 

“Unnie, you come.” Seohyun said.

 

“Sorry, I’m late, Seohyun ah. The plane got delayed, earlier.” She said.

 

She saw a man in front of him that looks familiar, “Yonghwa?” she asked in disbelief.

 

Yonghwa turns his face to see the woman and got surprised. 

 

“Shin Hye?”

 

 

A/N: Are you satisfied with the story? I promised no angst and too much drama for this story since I just want to have Yongseo fluff moments. But I got carried away, my hand seems to type by their own. But next chapter, more Yongseo moment awaiting.

I should thanks once again with all the subscribers, commenters and upvoters, thank you, you guys makes me want to finish it faster. I got lazy since I have two days off, I didn't even touch the story and just getting to caught up with some drama. But I already back. Keep giving me feedback if you don't mind so I can improve my lack writing skill. Thank you.