Triangle of Love

Shape of Happiness

"Yonghwa.."

 

"Shinhye.."

 

Shinhye walk to closer to him and he stand up from his seat. "How can you be here, Yonghwa?" she asked.

 

"Well, nice to see you, too, Shinhye.” He said sarcastically.

 

Shinhye laughed and hit his shoulder, “Yah, seriously. This is the last place for me to find you.”

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun just stand there with a bowl of soup in her hand, flabbergasted by the event occur in front of her. Yonghwa and Shin Hye still comfortably talk with each other, clearly they showing how close they are. She felt a slight of pang in her stomach, but she decided to ignore it.

 

“Do you want to eat, Unnie?” Seohyun said.

 

Shinhye and Yonghwa looked up at her, “Of course, I won’t miss the chance to eat your dish, Seohyun-ah,” Shinhye said.

 

“I will take one more bowl for you, unnie.” Seohyun said while she rushed to the kitchen again.

 

Seohyun close her eyes imagining the sight that she just saw, how close Yonghwa and Shinhye are, and she doesn’t like it, a bit. She thinks there’s something wrong with her. Shinhye unnie is coming but she doesn’t feel happy at all.

 

Shinhye is a journalist, she often goes travel but whenever she was in town, she would pay a visit to the orphanage. She was already like a family after all. Be a friend with Seohyun since childhood, she always supports her and love the kids like her own family. Though she was blessed with a silver spoon in her whole life, she is very independent.

 

What is their relationship? She thought.

 

She sighed, ever since she knows him, her emotion becoming ups and downs without her control.

 

When Seohyun come again with a new bowl of soup in her hand, she saw Yonghwa and Shinhye already sit side by side in the dining table. Seohyun give the bowl to Shinhye which she gladly accepted.

 

By that time, the kids already finish their meal and go to their own room to take a nap. Jungshin excuse himself saying that he has a date with a girl that he just met at a coffee shop the previous day. There are only the 3 of them left in the room.

 

“So, you are a regular visitor now, Yonghwa? It’s so unlikely you.” Shinhye squint her eyes full of curiosity.

 

“I grow some interest in kids?” He said.

“Jung Yonghwa gets interest in kids? Seriously, you can do better than that, Yonghwa-ya.” She said. “There must be something very attractive for you to come every day, and I think I know what is it..” Shinhye left her words hanging and rolled her eyes from Yonghwa to Seohyun who still oblivious with what they were talking about though she secretly eavesdropping their conversation.

 

Yonghwa gets choked and cut her immediately. “Aniya..There’s nothing like that.”

 

Shinhye snorted by his answer. It’s so obvious by his gesture, since she come through the door till they met. Even when they were talking, catch up of each other condition, she noticed his eyes always secretly glancing at Seohyun’s every movement.

 

“How do you know each other, unnie?” Seohyun asked. She just can’t help to not asking anymore.

 

“He was my friend in high school, Seohyun-ah. Though we took different major in the end but we come to the same college. He just can’t be apart from me back then.” Shinhye laughed out loud.

 

“Yah, you were exaggerating. Seohyun-shi, don’t believe her.”

 

“His mother even wants to match us in arrange marriage.” Shinhye continued.

 

“Yah.. Why brought that up..” He said in panic.

 

Seohyun felt a pang hit her stomach but again, she ignored it. She gives them a smile that clearly not reached her eyes and unconsciously flaring her nose. She always did that unconsciously whenever she was upset or in a high level of concentration.

 

“But of course I won’t accept that, since I already having a big crush on somebody else that time.” Shinhye added, smirking devilishly. Deep in her heart she wanted to laugh out loud seeing their reaction that was too cute and obvious. Yonghwa panic is one of those rare experiences, while Seohyun’s nose flaring is just hilarious. She is the one who always calm but now she was flaring her nose by what she said about Yonghwa. Oh, she truly enjoys teasing them.

 

“I can’t imagine myself having a relationship more than a friend with her, too. She was like my best buddy. I don’t see her as a girl at all.” He explained to Seohyun, his eyes obviously hoping she won’t get misunderstand.

 

“Besides, I already engaged.” Shinhye said, showing off her ring in front of them.

 

“Really?” Yonghwa and Seohyun said in unison. Totally didn’t expect that coming.

 

“Jong Suk hyung finally brave enough to ask you to married him, eh?” Yonghwa said.

 

 “Of course. We are in love since college day, he just too shy to ask.”

 

“That guy was a sunbae that you had crushed on since college, unnie?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Ne, Seohyun-ah. I ever told you I love him back then.”

 

“Ah chukkae, unnie,” This time she manage to give her best and sincere smile to her unnie since her coming this evening.

 

 

 

A week after that, Yonghwa still is a regular visitor in the orphanage. The kids grow attached to him so much, and Seohyun can’t be unaffected anymore by his presence. Last week she still think that he has an ulterior motive and ignore him as much as she can, this week she started to open up to him.

 

Despite the fact that he was the reason she should try hard to find another place to live, she realized that it isn’t his fault at all. He promise to try persuade the shareholders to cancel the plan or move to another place but she doesn’t want to put her hopes too high, as she already thankful for his sincerity to help.

 

As she open up to him, they grow closer, too. Seohyun can see he was a warm man, totally caring and charming. They have many things in common, so the conversation went smoothly, though sometimes they often argue in unnecessary things. He demands her to put down formality and ask her to call him oppa, which she refuse at first but after a while she get used to talk informally with him.

 

He was a big help too since he can handle kids so well, despite his statement of not getting along with kids so well all this time. The kids need a fatherly image, and he gives it to them, though sometimes she catch him do stupid things like the kids himself.

 

One time, she was making the kids decorates the cupcakes in their spare time, she give them one cupcake each with different color cream and chocolate candy to decorate the cupcakes. The kids do it well in her supervision, then Yonghwa come and demand to do it, too.

 

She was going to the rest room for just 2 minutes, knowing the kids will be okay with Yonghwa. But when she was back to the room, she found the kids not only decorating the cupcakes but also their whole face and body. They laughed out loud, screamed, run everywhere in the room, cream in one hand ready to polished it to the face of the kid closest to them, oblivious to the shock woman in front of the door. Yonghwa lay in his back on the floor, trapped in between 2 kids. One hand full of cream almost touch one of the kid’s face, ready to do what it seems revenge for the kid who already flooding him with colorful cream.

Just when they heard the sound of her clearing , they realized her presence and stop in whatever they do. Yonghwa sit and let go the kid immediately, give his innocent yet guilty smile. She sighed and massaged her forehead, can’t believe in what she saw. He said sorry and explained that at first he just wanted to play with Jin woo who sit beside him by polished a little cream on his nose but the kid get excited and they got carried away.

She punished the kids plus Yonghwa to responsible to clean the room by themselves that day. And she promise won’t leave him with the kids alone when there are creams involved in their activities.

 

 

Today, Yonghwa and Seohyun goes to the grocery shop together, Mi Sun ahjumma ask Seohyun to go buy some ingredients and Yonghwa offered her to go by his car which she gladly accept. The grocery store nearby is closed today and the other grocery shop a little bit far so Yonghwa’s offer is a convenient.

 

When they were choosing things to buy, Yonghwa will put everything attracting him in the cart which Seohyun put back to the cabinet. They argue comfortably as what to buy, Yonghwa always wants to buy only expensive stuff but Seohyun always tells him to saw the usefulness and quality of the product rather the price. More expensive not always means better.

 

When they finished shopping, they realized the heavy rain outside and if they want to back to the car, then they will get soaked in the rain since the parking lot located a little bit far from the store.

 

“Should we wait here, oppa?”

 

“I will go get the car. You wait here, Hyun.” He said, put down the entire bag in the floor and prepare to run when she pulled his shirt.

 

“You will get soaked, oppa. Stay here, I will go instead,” she said.

“How come I let you get soaked in the rain alone, Hyun? Never. Gonna. Happen.” He frowned showing disapproval.

 

It seems an idea just come to her face by the smile on her face. “What?” Yonghwa get curious.

 

“When the last time you playing in the rain, oppa?”

 

“Well, never.” He said.

 

“Then let’s go.”

 

She pulled his wrist and started to run, one hand hold tight the shopping bag in her chest, hoping it won’t get soaked too much. He was in shocked when he felt his arm being pulled by her, but he keeps running, matching her pace.

 

She started to laugh when she heard him shouted, “You’re crazy, Hyun.”

 

Slowing her pace, she turned around to him and started to walk backwards. "Wae? I just let you experience nature.”

 

He started to laugh too. “I can’t believe you did this, Hyun." Another girl will accept his offer to wait than getting wet.

 

"It's been a while since the last time I got drenched in the rain like this."

 

They arrived in front of the car, pant, laughed and extremely wet. Her hand still in his wrist. Just when she let go of his hand and wanted to open the car door, he catch her wrist this time.

 

She turned around and their eyes met. All they can hear only the sound coming from their own heartbeat that beat fast. The moment become a bit blurry but Seohyun saw how his eyes travel to her lips and slowly his face come closer to her.

 

First thought that coming to Seohyun was to turn her face, back to her sense and running away, but she felt drowning in his eyes, she can’t even put herself to cut the contact. She can’t think properly, or her mind just refuses to think right now. So when his face just an inch away from hers, instinctively she closed her eyes.

 

When Yonghwa lips meet hers, he thinks he can never get enough of her sweetness. She was hesitated at first but she doesn’t stop him, makes him greedier.

 

Her body leaned to the car, trapped by his body and the car. Despite how cold their body, soaked in the rain, they felt warm all over. The kiss was hot and passionate, not the kind of innocent first kiss they were supposed to have.

 

He nibbled her lower lips, asking her to open up to him more. When he bit her lips slowly, finally she opened and he not missed that chance.

 

Too immersed with the kiss, they forgot to breath.  Seohyun break the kiss first and pant hard. Now when her sense is back, she felt awkward. What was that?

 

Yonghwa saw the hesitation in her eyes, he wanted to explain it to her; "Seohyun, I.."

 

"Let's go back, oppa." she said. She opened the car and went inside.

He stood there for a second before he finally went to the driver seat.

 

The drives went quite as he found her just keep staring at the window, avoiding him. It’s not like she was mad or blame him for what happen, because clearly it is mutual concern. She was just confused but too afraid to hear his explanation.

 

They already in front of the orphanage when he stopped his car and decided he should make it clear with her before they come home. “Seohyun-ah, I..”, Yonghwa tried to bring the topic about what happen earlier which she divert immediately, trying to sound casual, ”Omo, now your car will get wet too, oppa.”

 

“That’s not what important right now, Hyun.”

 

“I hope the things inside the shopping bag won’t get to wet.”

 

“Hyun..”

 

She bit her lower lip in nervousness, he gulped. Did it makes him be a ert if he find it so y and alluring makes him wants to kiss her senselessly again? He rolled his eyes to anywhere except those delicious y red swollen lips.

 

“It’s just a spur of a moment. We both are grown up; just one kiss means nothing… “

 

“What? Is it really nothing to you, Hyun? Cause my lips don’t feel that way.” He said.

 

“Let’s not talk about this, oppa.” And she quickly opened the car, and goes inside the house.

 

He was frozen inside the car, hand hold the steering wheel tightly.

 

Just one kiss? It means nothing?

 

It breaks him knowing the best moment in his life means nothing at all to her. To say he was mad is understatement, he was furious. Did she really didn’t feel anything at all? But she was responding to the kiss as passionate as him.

 

Suddenly his phone ring, her mom called. “Yonghwa-ya, you remember that other time when I ask you to meet my friend daughter, right? She felt sorry for not coming and set up another day to meet you. You will come, right?”

 

“Omma..” he wanted to protest but got cut immediately.

 

“Please, Yonghwa-ya, just this one. I promise this is the last one. The girl is very nice and pretty, I’m sure you will like her. Please do it, for your omma, oh?” She put her aegyo to persuade him.

 

He sighed, her mother aegyo never failed him, He should really tell his mother after this that he already met someone whom he wanted to spent the rest his whole life with, if only she agree to it of course. “Arraseo, but just this one, ok? This is the last.”

 

“Gomawo, Yonghwa-ya. Omma will sent the date and place to you.”

 

In confuse mind he turns on the car and drove away.

 

Seohyun saw his car moves away. She knows he must be mad at her right now but she just feel afraid. To what? She can’t answer it herself.

 

 

It’s been two days form that day and no sign of Yonghwa coming to visit. Seohyun grow anxious, as to what happen to him. Is he sick? Or he still mad?

 

 “Joohyun-ah.” Mi Sun ahjumma call her.

 

“Ne, omma?” She stops herself from cutting the carrot in the kitchen.

 

“Is there anything bothering you?”

 

“Aniya, omma.”

 

Mi Sun ahjumma smiles at her, seems can read her very well. “Just call him if you are anxious..”

 

“Aniya, omma. I don’t think about Yonghwa at all.”

 

“I’m not saying anything about Yonghwa..eyy..So you are thinking about him, oh?” Mi sun ahjumma give her teasing smiles make Seohyun pouted.

 

Mi sun ahjumma takes her hand and pat it lightly, smiles and said, “Joohyun-ah, though you already have a lot in your shoulder right now, it doesn’t mean you can’t find your own happiness. Your responsible is not only for the kids, but also for yourself. You receive love to give love, you can’t give happiness if you ain’t feel happy yourself. Now, I don’t know what happen between you and Yonghwa, but you should tell him the truth in your heart.”

 

Hearing her mother comfort words makes her wants to cry. She always put her family as her priority; she almost forgot to chase her own happiness. And this couple week with Yonghwa was the happiest time she ever felt. It’s like the missing puzzle in her life has been found and it’s him, and he deserve to know the truth, that she was in love with him.

 

 

That afternoon, after she goes to find a new place to move she decided to come to his apartment. She owed him an apology. Just when she arrived in front of the building, she saw his car pass and stop outside the building. She stood there clearly surprised with what she saw. Yonghwa was out from the driver seat and immediately open the passenger sit door and there was a pretty girl out from his car. Yonghwa smile at her, put his hand behind her back and lead her to come inside the building, his apartment. Seohyun knows very well what a man and woman do in an apartment, alone.

 

Seohyun’s heart felt that pang again, this time she realized it’s not coming from her stomach but her heart. She can almost hear the sound of her heart breaking. She felt like a fool for standing there seeing him with another woman, and here she was trying to confess her feelings and beg him to come back.

 

It’s her own fault after all, she missed the chance, and now he already has someone new, she thought. Pushing her foot to move, she turned around and started to walk away, walked from his life. Tears stream down from her eyes.

 

She was a fool for falling to him, she was a fool for let everything falling apart.

 

 

A.N: An unedited chapter, okay I'm too lazy to edit it. How is it? Do u still remember this story? Despite how the story is, i intend to finish it till the end, it's near the ending anyway.

I put Shinhye here as a best friend of Yonghwa and Seohyun. I like her before I know Yongseo but people often makes her a bad person so I felt sorry for her, so here she was being a nice girl, for Seohyun can develop her feelings for Yonghwa. I believe in real life too, she was a very good friend to Yonghwa and I hope now to Seohyun, too, since *ehem..I believe* Yongseo is real.Keke.. 

Thank you for all of you who already accompany me by your comment, subscribe and upvote. i hope you won't get bored to do it still, till the end.

Thank you again for whoever reading this.

Till next chapter. ^^