Lines That Connect Us

Shape of Happiness

Jung Yong Hwa is an eligible bachelor in his age of 28. He is a successful businessman, he inherits his father business but it doesn't make him underestimated by his colleagues. He is a capable man in his business. He can see opportunities and never once miss it. He wants to be successful like his father.

 

Never in his life he ever think of settling down, even though, his parents always asked him to. They even tried to arrange him some blind dates which he always reject.

 

Today too, he was supposed to meet one of his mother's friend daughters but when he arrives at the restaurant, she wasn't there. He waited for 20 minutes until her mother tell him that something really important matter come out so she can't come. He was overjoyed of course, he doesn't have to pretend to be nice and looking for some excuses to reject her.

 

He drove to the park near the river after that. It's been his place to find some peace ever since he was a kid. This familiar place is near his parent house which his house too until he decide to move to his own apartment.

 

He walks to the near bench and sits there while looking at the calm river in front of him. Usually at this hour the kids already home and take a nap so he always  come at this hour or at night when kids not around anymore. It's not like he dislike kids, he just not used to them. So when he saw there is a little girl sitting alone at the swings, he is surprise.

 

He observes the little girl is around 7 years old and find she was sad, is sulking and there is a tear escape from her eyes. Looking left and right, he tried to find the mother of the child, but found no one. It's weird though, seeing that little girl alone in the park at this hour with no one accompanying her.

 

Did she lost? He thought.

 

He usually didn't care about other people but here he is, sitting in the swing beside the little girl.

 

"Girl is more beautiful when they smile you know." He said.

 

The little girl surprised by his statement and just realized that she is not alone anymore in this park.

 

"Mind to tell me why are you crying here alone?" he asked but the little girl just sit there staring at him with no response.

 

"Can't you talk? mmm..Let me guess, your mother must tell you not to talk to a stranger? " he asked which she answered with nodded her head.

 

Yonghwa smiles.

 

"I'm Yonghwa.. Now I'm not a stranger anymore, right? What's your name?"

 

"Luna." the little girl said.

 

"What a pretty name. Why are you crying alone here Luna?"

 

"I'm a bad girl. I make my sister die... But but I don't mean it. Now omma will hate me." the little girl cried again.

 

OMG!

 

Yonghwa soothed her by pat her back slowly. "Would you tell me the story?"

 

"I saw a cat in a tree. So I try to help but I'm short so ask my sister but when she climbs the tree she fell and die so they brought her to hospital. I'm afraid omma will hate me so I run here." She said between her sob.

 

"Are you sure she is die?"

 

"Sissy not moving at all.."

 

"Doesn’t mean she die.. And I don't think your omma will hate you. It was an accident. Instead.. She will be worry about you running away like this. Do you want to make your omma be worry?" he asked. She shook her head. "Then.. Don’t you wonder about your sister condition? I think she will want to see you when she awake right?"

 

She nodded her head this time. "Will she awake?"

 

"I don't know.. but let's hope she will.. Now smile and explain it to your omma what happen. Where is your home? I will take you home okay?"

 

"Owkey. I live not far from here, just walk straight and then turn left."

 

They stand up from the swing and start to walk. Luna's tiny hand pulled the edge of his shirt so he just holds her hand.

 

"Ahjussi, why are you here alone?" suddenly she asked.

 

"I used to come here too since I was kid like you. I like the scenery and the weather.."

 

"LUNA.." a woman voice suddenly cut him.

 

"omma.." he felt the little girl tightening her grip on his hand. He saw the woman and stunned. That woman is beautiful, her eyes is clear showing her emotion that she is extremely worry. She walks fast half run and kneels down to hug the little girl.

 

"Omma is looking for you everywhere. Where have you been?" Just then she realized there is a man beside Luna. She stood up and their eyes met. "Sorry for my rudeness, but who are you? Why was Luna with you?"

 

"I found her at the park, sitting alone and crying. She said her sister is accidentally falling because of her." said Yonghwa.

 

"I'm sorry omma, I don't mean to hurt unnie." Luna said.

 

"No sweetheart, of course it's not your fault. It's an accident. Besides Ji eun already awake in the hospital and looking for you now. Let's go see her together okay?" She said softly while smiling at Luna who nodded and start to smile, too. Yonghwa found this woman voice so melodious and the way she speaks makes him feel calm.

 

"Ahjussi, want to come to the hospital with me?" Yonghwa snapped from his own thought, surprised by the invitation and doesn't know what to answer this girl. Like understanding his confusedness, the woman said, "sweetheart, I think ahjussi is busy, let's not disturb him more. "

 

"Okay omma." Luna said while pouted.

 

"Thank you for accompanying my daughter mr..emm.."

 

"Yonghwa, my name is Jung Yonghwa."

 

"..Yonghwa shi, thank you once again for accompanying my daughter. I'm Seo Joo hyun by the way. You can call me Seohyun. "

 

"ah no need to thank me, I just coincidentally there. How about her sister that fall?"

 

"Oh she's fine already. she was just twist her ankle when she fell and fainted by shock, so doctor said she'd better stay in the hospital until tomorrow. I will take my leave then, I should go to the hospital again to see her condition. Thank you once again Yonghwa shi." Seohyun bows to him and holds Luna's hand. "Say goodbye to ahjussi, Luna."

 

"Thank you ahjussi. When you not busy, let's play together. I will bring all my sisters to play with you." Luna said.

 

How many sisters does this girl have exactly? She must be married so young, he thought.

 

"Sure Luna, ahjussi will come again next time to the park and we will play together, deal?"

 

"Deal. See you ahjussi." Luna waved at him.

 

And just like that Seohyun and Luna walk hand in hand to the hospital.

 

Even just from her back view he knows Seohyun is beautiful. Her sparkling eyes, luscious lips, perfect body and her calm voice when she speaks occupied his mind even though he just met her a second ago. He already saw many pretty girls but no one like her. He doesn't know why but she seems different. Maybe her eyes that showing her innocent, or the way she speaks or her motherly figure but he really got hooked up.

 

He shakes his head and erases all the thought of her.

 

He just realized that he was just thinking about a married woman.

 

How unfortunate.

 

A/N : Short updates of how Yong and Hyun meet for the first time. keke.. I've got surprise by the number of subcribers, thank you so much..i'm afraid if my story didn't meet you expectation, but I will try my best. I want to make it an angst at first but I guess I'm not on the level who can write so much drama, so this isn't angst guys, sorry for whoever read the foreword and expect to read some angst..I will try update faster..thank you..leave your comment below..have a nice day ^^v