Episode: 11

Add Insult To Injury

"Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair."


 

[From: Kai]
Come over, if not I'll spill the beans about Luhan. Encourage me to work out. 


         Wait, he knows about Luhan? How many secrets does Kai maneuver? Grumbling once again, I slide on my big furry jacket. Without changing into proper clothes, I keep my pyjamas on. It's 3 in the morning, and Kai is being stupid.

 

       Just weeks ago, I accidentally called him Jongin; he freaked out and flipped a table. He ignored me ever since. With my laziness ticking in, I don't think bother to call a cab. Instead I hop on my bicycle, and head to Kai's man-cave.

 

      The front gates of his house are always open; the boy doesn't even bother to lock his front door. For some odd reason, he likes putting himself in danger. His windows are always wide open; the grass blades on his front yard are never cut. It made his house look like a jungle; especially at night.

 

      I get off my bicycle, and drop it on his front steps. Loud sounds exit his house, making the house itself vibrate. Entering his house, my ears are about to go deaf. Music isn't music anymore, once you bring up the volume too much making it sound like buzzing.

 

      And because of so many sound waves, everything is shaking. Speed walking toward the living room, Kai sleeps peacefully on his couch with chips scattered all over his face-only wearing a tank top and sweat pants.

 

"Kai!" I scream in his ear. His eyes pop open,

"Turn the music down!" I scream.

 

Sheepishly, he claps a couple times and the music stops, giving my ears some relief.

 

"Oh right, encourage me to work out." Kai snorts.

"Go clean yourself first, you have mustard on the corner of your lips," I make a face.

 

"Fine, I'll take a shower.",

"At 3 in the morning!?",

 

"Sure, why not?" Kai stuffs a handful of chips into his mouth before leaving the couch.

 

Out of boredom, I clean up the couch so I can sleep in it. Jumping into the couch, for at least 15 minutes I was able to take a nap.

 

"Wake up!" Kai shakes me as if I'm a dead corpse.

"What?" I mumble,

"I guess have to spill that secret."

 

       Kai crosses his arms. He takes out his phone and starts to type. Still drowsy, I clutch his phone and insert it into the space in between where the cushion lies. Kai sneers and pulls my legs off of the couch. Eventually I hit the hardwood floor,

 

"Ow!" I groan in pain.

 

Kai is stares down at me, in a crouch position.

"I said, encourage me to work out." His eyes display demand.

"Fine, work out. Done," I shrug.

 

"What kind of workout? What exercise and how many?",

 

"I don't know; do like 20 push ups or something. Now stop looking at me you idiot. Besides, my face looks like it came from a mud puddle." I stubbornly say.

 

"If you say so," Kai goes on his toes-on top of me, his arms one on each shoulder of mine.

 

"Idiot what are you doing?",

 

"Push ups, help me count." Kai grins. 

 

“I thought you passed kindergarten." I scoff.

 

       Bending 90 degrees, Kai's flexes his arms still maintaining the straight posture in a push up. The distance between his face to mine is only 5 centimeters'.

         The dark pit he inherits in his eyes is surprisingly the same peculiar shade of Jongin's. Why does he always remind me of Jongin? Jongin's gone and he's never coming back. Kai's muscular arms straighten, my breath shakes.

 

"One," I count, flexing 90 degrees once again this time he plants kiss on my forehead.

 

      This is not Kai, he is not the kind of boy who would things like this, he's the type of boyfriend perfect for a girlfriend is cruel enough to kick a puppy and be happy about it. But why is he doing this? I'm not his girlfriend. And I'm never considering him as my boyfriend.

 

"Two; why are you kissing me?” he does another one this time pressing his gentle lips onto my nose.

"Three; I'm not your girlfriend.” Kai flashes a smug smirk.

"ATTACK!!" He giggles.

 

        In a fast pace; he attacks me with quick pecks everywhere on my face. As if a millions of fishes are gently pecking on my skin. Oh, I have such an urge to do something oblivious, but it's all replaced by giggles. Giggles keep bubble my insides eventually bubbling its way out of my mouth. Kai collapses on my left, and pants with exhaust. My eyes turn to face him,

 

"You're tired!? Why are you sweating?" I say in flabbergast.

"Well, I did like 25 push-ups with intensity.",

 

"Idiot! I'm not your girlfriend! Do you want to get arrested? You didn't ask me for consent." I fume with irritation.

"Well, you didn't stop me babe." Kai winks.

 

"Babe? Excuse me!?" I hiss,

"Excuse me, while I go wash my face imprinted by your thick lip Gourami fish lips.”

 

       When a come back into the living room, Kai is snoring like a pig on his couch. The way he sleeps, I like it. It's more peaceful than it is when he is awake. As I grab a blanket, I bend down spreading it across his body.

      On spur of the moment, Kai extends both of his muscular arms and wraps it around my shoulders. With a force, his arms push me towards himself. Caught in a human-preserving prison, the more I move the grip of his tightens even more.

 

"Yo pucker fish, stop hugging me." I gasp for air.

But soon my legs slide perfectly on the right of the couch. I quit trying, and I sleep instead. 

...

        I wake up to the smell of Kai's distinctive cologne reeking off his shirt. His arm still wrapped around me. The clock ticks sharply, 7:30 AM it read. We're late, for school. 

"Moron! Wake up! I'm going too late for school!";

 

"Can we stay like this for just a little bit more?" Kai whines.

 

      Wriggling my body around like a worm trying to get out of a whole in the ground, my force is hard enough for me to end up on the hard floor. Taking one last look at Kai he mumbles an insult.

 

"Ugh, look what you've done to my favourite pair Teletubbie pajama." I brush off the dirt stains.

 

     Heading out the door, I hop on my bicycle and ride back to my house. Kyungsoo sits at the front steps of my house staring into blank space and fidgeting with his hands. As I approach him, his stare remains distant like there's something constantly bothering him.

 

"Uh, Hi?" I wave in my hand in front of his face. He snaps out of his daydreaming. 

"EW, Why are you dirty?" Kyungsoo fumes air out of his face.

 

"Shut up, Kai made me clean his mansion.",

"Why did you do it?",

 

"He's threatening a lot of people I know, I just don't want them to get hurt.”,

“You’re lying again.",

 

"Kyungso-.",

 

 "I don't know what it is, but I think I know you better than myself. And it's funny how you say you trust me, that you think of me as your best friend, and still not tell me your problem.",

"And if there's anything that I hate the most, It's when people hide the truth."

 

      Kyungsoo grits his teeth; walks pass by my right shoulder giving a push. Great, now I have to lose my one and only best friend. I stay still as a statue, earing the front gate creak close, guilt pierces my heart; but it doesn't go all the way through. 

...

            Walking  alone to school felt uncomfortable. I wasn't used to the empty space to my left, where Kyungsoo had always been, walking together with me. And that extra boost of confidence he gives me before I enter the school was no longer valid.

 

      Walking with my head down, and staring at my shoes, I figure no one really needs to see my face early in the morning. Besides, I'm late anyways. During the first two blocks in the morning, I couldn't focus properly.

 

      All I ever thought about is Kyungsoo and the words that he uttered this morning. Luhan keeps giving me fearful looks as if I'm a criminal, and Kai is busy playing Nyan Cat on his phone. As loud as the classroom is, I can still hear my thoughts loudly and clearly.

 

         Maybe it's time to say everything to Kyungsoo. Maybe, he's not going to freak out like I've imagined it to be. Maybe he's going to understand, and help me get passed Kai and all his evil doings.

 

        Because I'm sick of Kai, I hate his attitude, I hate his way of manipulating me, I hate the way he uses me like I'm just a toy. And it's not just that, I could name almost a million things I hate about him.


[From: Kai]
Meet me at the Indoor Pool @ Recreation Building @ Lunch


       Squeezing through the crowd of spectators jammed into the entrance of the Indoor Pool, I spot Kai in his uniform sitting down on camp seat on a cherry lollipop. Swimmers stand on their marks, getting into position. There's a swimming competition today? The trigger fires; I almost scream.

 

      With that the swimmers dive into the water doing a dolphin kick, eventually evolving into a freestyle swim. Gathering my attention back to Kai; he's no longer sitting at his seat. Looking around, I don't stop him anywhere.

 

"Boo." A breath trails down my neck.

"Did you miss me, bæ?" Kai's voice vibrates making my lips quiver. But I'm too afraid to face him.

"What do you want?" I gripe,

 

        A force swings my body and my feet are running. My tiny hands are gripped by Kai, who is sprinting, dragging me with him. When we get to the lobby of the Recreation Building, he checks if anyone's around to watch us. Four of his fingers creep up and into the fire alarm pulling it down immediately.

 

        Moments after the bell had been pulled down, an ear-blinding ring echoes throughout the building as a swarm of people shielding their ears come rushing out of the building in fear. Both of us are being pushed, but Kai is sturdy amd steady like a telephone pole.

 

       Swimmers who are dripping wet, sprint out of the building barefooted. Coaches scrabble trying to find their trainees, the receptionist freaks out sprinting out of the building. The evacuation didn't take long, probably 2-4 minutes or so. And we are the only ones who haven't evacuated. His hand lets go of mine.

 

"Why did you do that?" I fume,

"Follow me," Kai smiles.

 

       I'm hesitant on following him, to be honest; I can escape right at this exact moment. But I don't want to have to face him when he becomes a vicious lip-tearing monster. Kai sits at the very edge of the swimming pool, with his feet making enormous ripples and splashes. Laughing at his own actions, his eyes fix at me.

 

 "Sit beside me," Kai pats the space to his left.

 

This isn't the Kai, I know. He doesn't laugh at childish things; he's not playful at all. I don't take a single step.

 

"I said, Sit beside me" He demands, his foul behaviour starting to play in.

 

     Scurrying to his side, I take off my socks and my shoes. Soon dipping my toes into the water beside him, Kai wraps his arm around my shoulder. And I am almost flustered.

"Why did you pull the alarm?",

 

"So we can spend time together. Duhhh." Kai sang out.

 

"Look, I'm not here to court with you. Nor am I here to play your little back-up girlfriend; I'm not even your friend. I hate you." I bitterly say.

 

Tensing my body up, his arm around my shoulder gets tighter.

"Awww, you've changed" Kai says in awe.

 

"Who are you to say that? Do have no idea what sort of personality I had before." I argue,

"Well, who says I haven't known you before." Kai smirks.

 

"What the are you talking about?" I retort.

 

The tiny pieces of fluster had flown out of my stomach in just a matter of seconds, and it's replaced with ferocity.

 

"You've turned red, you need to cool down" Kai says in amusement.

 

      Standing up, he s both of his palms against my back pushing me into the water. A screech scratches my throat, but soon my mouth is filled with water. Kicking as hard as I possibly could, I reach the surface but sink further down the pool.

 

       Bobbing up into the surface once again, I briefly recognize the smile on Kai's face. Thrashing my arms and legs at every direction, the oxygen is running out of my lungs. My pulse skyrockets. As I reach the surface once again, Kai is no longer there.

 

       Of course, he's never planned to save me anyways. My fingers are getting bloated as I struggle to get out of the water. But all my energy drains, and I gradually drift deeper and deeper to the bottom, my fingers are bloated like a balloon with too much helium in it. The surface is far from me now, and I don't think I'll live.

 

My mind chants the same word in the same voice: "Save me, please."

And everything turns hazy.


*author's note

Merry Christmas Eve guys!

I've finally finished editing! It's been a long time right?

I sure missed you guys :/ And I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Anyways I want to wish you guys a very Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

oasisgrounds

p.s: it's my birthday today :3

Instagram|Tumblr