Episode: 09

Add Insult To Injury

"When everything is all settled, and everything is getting better. Another rock hits the road."


 

       Suspiciousness inflated my thoughts. There’s a difference between looking similar and looking identically alike. And I doubt that two people could have the same variation in their voice to sound alike.

         But why that sentence? He sounded like he knew that by heart. That he didn’t say it in front of the mirror over and over again, his words spoke what it meant to say.It’s also funny because just when everything starts to settle in, when everything had just started to become better, another rock had just hit my road again.

 

          Darkness in everywhere, the sounds of redundant cars honking from a distance and the abundant thoughts encircling my head cannot put me to sleep. Living for approximately 17 years, sleep is essential.

       Kicking off my blankets, I make my way to the kitchen. Opening a kitchen cabinet, I rummage through almost a dozen pill bottles to find one that’s not empty. I gulp down 2 at a time, and head back to bed. Completely snuggled in my bed, a few minutes later my phone chimes. 

 

“Who is it?” I groan sheepishly,

"I have ears like hawk." a husky voice speaks.

"Stop it with your husky voice, Kyungsoo."

 

         I utter recognizing who’s talking behind the phone. Kyungsoo has a habit of checking in with me, if my phone rings and I don’t answer it, it means that I’m asleep. If I answer it, to him it means I’m having trouble getting my beauty sleep.

         Sometimes I wonder if Kyungsoo looks out his window with binoculars just to see what I’m doing before he goes to bed himself. I admit that’s kind of creepy but having known him for a year; His motive is probably just concern. A laugh emits Kyungsoo through the phone.

 

"I'm just reminding you. You've had more than 20 overdoses of sleeping pills in only one year. And by the sound of your voice, it seems like you gulped down two already." Kyungsoo says as-a-matter-of-fact,

"Whatever. Let me sleep," I mumble.

 

          I want to say more things, but I’m too exhausted. Hanging up, I bundle myself up into a burrito, and let my conscious ebb away. An uncoordinated hand reaches out from under the covers and smacks the ringing alarm off. The numbers 6:24 are flashing rapidly on my face.  Up and out of my bed, my door bell chimes.

 

        Opening the door, a breeze rushes through and into my house. The chirping of the birds inserts its melody into my mind, bringing my cheeks up. The sun flares against my skin making me squint, and cover my eyes. All is well enough for me to forget why the doorbell had rang.

       Unsure, I scan my front yard and all the houses lining vertically down the road to my left and right. One of which, is Kyungsoo house. As my eyes scan my front steps, an eye-appealing box wrapped in a crimson red colour sits neatly waiting for someone to open it. Its green bow is attached to tag that contains a message.

 

“This will make your day ^-^” It says.

 

        I snort, people find it difficult to make my day, and even Kyungsoo finds it difficult. It’s not Christmas, and it surely isn’t my birthday; who could’ve given me this present? Creeping my fingers into the box, the moment I lift the lid an aroma fumes around me, filling my nose. The scent smells raw as if it’s freshly cut meat, metallic as in a bicycle with rust all over it, also smelling slightly sour at the same time just like a kiwi.

It’s the smell of blood.

 

       Strange shapes expand and contract in the box; it took me awhile to realize that it’s the gore organs of a dead animal. My immense eyes plant at the organs. I couldn’t scream. My throat is too tight enough to choke me.

 

      Transfixed right onto the spot, trying to fix my disoriented mind, I need to shut my eyes. Driving the heel of my trembling palms onto my eyes, if I drive it in hard enough I’ll be able to see small particle lights. I’m trying to chase the image out of my head.

 

      Uncoordinated events leave to uncoordinated actions.  It wasn't like any other present I ever received in my life. The front gate creaks open, and Kyungsoo pops his head out. Eye contact merges between us as I try to become lost into his eyes. Not breaking the eye contact, Kyungsoo runs towards me.

 

“What the happened?” Kyungsoo cusses with concern.

 

        As much as I want to speak, my mind is scattered enough. He stands in front of the door step, and lifts up the box I had just opened. His grip lets go and the box goes plummeting down back to its original spot. My eyes sting from looking at something so horrid, and Kyungsoo is as still as a statue.

“Let’s go inside,” Kyungsoo pushes me in, and shuts the door immediately.

 

“Listen,” He says, but my eyes are still planted at the same direction where the box had sat.

 

“Listen!” Kyungsoo roars shaking me like a bartender shaking a cocktail drink.

 

“Kyungsoo, do you ever get sick of staying by my side? Do you ever question why I’m experiencing this? I ask myself that all the time.” I stammer.

And with that, Kyungsoo pulls me into his arms. Wrapping his arms around mine, I bury my face deep into his shoulder and I start to weep.

 

“Shhhh, you’re getting my shoulder wet.” He teases, I spill more tears.

 

       It takes a while for me to stop sobbing, and by the time I face my bathroom mirror my eye sockets are probably big enough to carry a lake. Kyungsoo goes wandering into my room, when I open the washroom all dressed in my uniform, Kyungsoo leans on the door frame.

 

“You know, you should really wear more than white, black, or grey. Honestly, you’d look good in a pink or blue dress or something.” Kyungsoo teases,

“No thanks, I like grey black and white only.” I reject his statement.

     

        The fear that I had felt earlier today still hasn’t left me, and I don’t know how I managed to conceal it. Kyungsoo and I head to school together. Luhan stands with his hands in his pocket, leaning on the front gates of the school. A sneer appears on his face as soon as he sees Kyungsoo smiling at me.

        No matter how many times, I've tried telling him we aren’t and will never be a thing. He still goes by his own judgement. Avoiding him has become my daily routine. Ignoring him, we walk straight by him towards the school’s entrance.

 

“Well, I’ll see you at lunch” Kyungsoo gestures his goodbye with a wave, I wave back.

 

       As I enter the school, I head toward the den; the only way to get to my first class. But something’s strange today. Everyone’s squishing themselves into the left corner of the den, where all the popular people hang out.

          Due to so much people, I cannot see who everyone is crowding in about.The bell rings as soon as I sit at my seat near the window. Luhan sits to my right. So it wasn’t him who was in the swarm of people.

 

“Attention, there is a new student who came from Canada. Please, respect him.” My mood shifts, and my eyes fix at the door.

 

     The same chiseled jaw, eyes, and arrogant smile. A boy with ruffled brown hair with blonde highlights comes into the classroom. And he fixes his familiar pupils at me. Just like how Luhan smiled at me, when he transferred classrooms last year.

        With no uniform, He wears a plain white V-necked t-shirt and a pair of worn-out pants. The vivid scars are displayed through his shirt, surely making the teachers also drool over him. I guess I’ve found something that’s not similarity between Jongin and him.

 

       Their attitudes and personalities are both different. Jongin would never be impolite or arrogant. His strong, distinctive scent encircles the room. Luhan wraps his arm around my shoulder. Yanking his arm away, I cuss

 

“Get your ing hands off me” 

 

As I pull my attention once again to the transfer student, I’m eager to know his name. Ruffling his hair and his lips seductively he says,

"My name is Kai and I, I hate liars." He says with edge.

...

          The first two blocks had passed by real fast, and lunch came. Ignoring the fact that Kyungsoo might be looking for me, I head straight to the library before all the research books get checked out. After a while of looking for research/reference books, I had finally collected the maximum amount.

 

         As I exit the library, I arrange the books so that I could carry them properly to my locker which is all the way in the second floor at the very end of the hallway to the left.

 

       The stash of books towers over my face, all of these books are only some of the books I need for my Science project. It would be a pleasure if Kyungsoo’s here to help me. But sadly, he's got other errands to do.

 

         Cautiously walking in the hallways, many people offer help but I reject it. I'd rather do it by myself. Almost halfway towards the elevator an idiot goes sprinting towards me, and every book goes dropping down to the floor.

 

         Some people walking across are friendly enough to help me and I smile as a sign of gratitude. The books tower on my face once again. Walking a few more paces toward the elevator, another moron intentionally bumps into me. I come face to face with the new transfer student, Kai. And here I am caught in an intense stare-down with a bastard I just met a few days ago.

 

"Oopps," He says mockingly not bothering to help me pick it up once more.

"Bastard," I mumble under my breath.

 

Kyungsoo calls my name, and approaches me.

 

"Oh, you're Kai right?" Kyungsoo recalls,

"I don't know, my name could be Moby ." Kai smirks and walks away.

 

My eyes roll at his pathetic statement.

...

         Stress has been continually building up every day of the week. I'm okay with it because by the end of the week I can flush it all down with a couple, a lot of drinks.

 

"It’s time to relieve some stress." I say, slimming down a strapless sleek black dress bought my brother.

 

       I enter the energetic club. Suho says that I look like a potato sack whenever I wear one of the tacky outfits I own, so he bought me this one. It's hard to believe we lost contact 6 months ago. The club is loud enough for me to forget my vicious problems in life. 

       Plus, I could drink whatever I want. And I have no problem ending up in Kyungsoo bathtub. It's weird to admit his bathtub is more comfortable than my bed.

 

"I'll have a Margarita," I grin at the cute Bartender.

 

     In a few minutes the Bartender serves me my drink. Popping the slice of mango into my mouth, I sip down the Margarita. As soon as I finish it, I ask the bartender to give me soju instead. After a few shots, Kai approaches me eventually taking the seat beside me. I let out a sign.

"You know, you look similar to a person I used know." I let out a mental laugh.

"Oh really?" he says beaming with curiosity.

 

"You remind me of a person I've hurt." I chuckle.

 

     But as soon as I finish my sentence, my lips are being torn apart. His tongue is swirling around mine, going in all sorts of directions. Gnawing on my lips, it starts to bleed. I push him aside, with half of my mental state.

 

"What the did you just do?" I cackle; Kai wipes his lips. I grab his collar. 

"Who are you really? Hum?" I whisper, he lets out a chuckle.

 

"Didn't I introduce myself already? At the beginning of class this past Monday?",

 

"Let's dance, bastard.",

 

"If you say so." He grins mysteriously.

...

        The next thing I know I wake up in a bed, no-not in Kyungsoo's bathtub. My phone chimes, and a message from an anonymous person is sent to me. As I swipe to open my phone, the text appears before my eyes. An image of me and a shirtless boy appears on the screen. With the kisses all over his face with my lipstick, the picture is speaking that I had with this boy.


[From Unknown]

If you don't want this text to go viral, do as I say, and come to this address. 
And don't worry. You didn't lose your ity.


       There's no time to cry. I head out of the hotel, and waved for a taxi immediately. Full with mixed emotions, Could I handle this situation? I step of the taxi, arriving at the same house where Kai had estimated me to be a looking for some money. After I knock, he opens the door and grabs me by the wrist.

 "What the hell do you want? Why the are you disturbing a person's life!" My two arms swing towards him, hitting him everywhere.

 

"I guess you want that picture out don't you?" He threatens.

 

"You've changed, just a little bit. But you're still the same after all" He sang out dragging me further into his demon hole, we enter the elevator.

 

       As soon as we enter the 3rd floor, he turns on his vicious look. His hands snake into the back of my scalp, gripping it tightly, he forcibly yanks it. A bloodcurdling scream escapes me, yet his grip doesn't tighten.

 

     He's not afraid to hurt a girl. I'm in the center between fighting back and not doing anything at all. Pushing me into ing the arm with a handful of my hair, he uses that force to make me land on the couch. The white V-neck strips off his body and he is shirtless on top of me.

 

     Another deafening screech bubbles out of me, but it's soon contradicted by his lips slamming against mine. His wet tongue swishes my saliva around going in all sorts of directions.

 

      The muscular torso that he inherits is planted on my chest, and his arms are so tight around me that I can't even breathe properly. After playing with my tongue for a while, his lips drift down lower and lower on my bare skin.

 

     Small little hickeys form exactly on the spot his lips had just touched. That's it; I can't take this any longer. With a force, my legs kick his torso off of me making him land on the hardwood floor.

 

"Hey, thanks for the kiss ." 


*author's note

MWAHAHAA. Kai is officially here.

Edited (YES, Second-to-last chapter to edit)

Poster for this chapter is made by me~

oasisgrounds