Episode: 02

Add Insult To Injury

"Bullying is a way for people to express anger."


 group of Kingka's are surrounding him. Two of which have their hands on each side of his collar. Jongin struggles, but the more he moves the more he'll get hurt.

"You're such a ing nerd. Why do you have to act like you know every single goddamn thing?"

         Something inside of me cringes as if they're talking to me not Jongin. The boy standing in front of Jongin swings his right arm with momentum targeting Jongin's fragile and expressionless face. The punch hits the bridge of his nose, making his enormous glasses fall to the ground.

 

        Blood starts to drip out of Jongin's nose, and another punch is thrown targeting the corner of his lips. But everything goes worse, and I find myself feeling every single punch or kick that lands on Jongin. Is that even possible? The punches and kicks don't stop at all. Jongin is on the cement pavement, and his ribs are breaking. But no cry, tear, or moan is expressed.

 

He's acting like he's dead, and he will be if I don't come and help him.  

"All of them must be a black belt." I assume just by watching their movements.

 

      I finally couldn't take it, just watching it. Gathering the courage I never thought I had, my legs start to sprint to Jongin's aid.

 "What the are you doing!?" I screech with fury.

 

       Their cold eyes linger, scanning my body figure, and how I look like. Cold glares are nothing to me, given the fact that I'm used to them. Shielding Jongin with my body, I hear them snicker.

"Oh, look who came to town! Jongin's little invisible girlfriend." One boy starts clapping like an amused seal.

 

Responding is just provoking them, and I'm not acting in submission either. As I stare upon Jongin's worn out face, he's eyes are big and wide looking at me.

"This is not your business." He says faintly.

"Get out of the way !" the boy pushes me hard enough to make me hit the hard cement.

 

          A wheeze comes out of my mouth, and Jongin is now unprotected. The sound of my own breathing is all I hear, my eyes flicker back and forth between Jongin and the boys surrounding him. Just before one of them strikes a punch, I leap in front of Jongin. I see it coming towards me, but I'm off-guard. An enormous fist smashes into my abdomen like two freight trains that went haywire on the tracks.

         

         The force of the fist on my abdomen feels like the blood vessels in that area had burst. A combination of a screech and a wheeze escapes me as my entire body slams against the pavement. My perception turns blurry; the world is spinning.

 

         The group of boys soon fled; typically what all criminals do. The numbing pain in my abdomen still lingers, as I try to stand up. With my reluctant knees trembling, I wobble my way to Jongin.

        Whose body is slouched against the brick wall. Lightly slapping his cheeks; His eyes would not open. The bronze skin tone he use to have is no longer visible, and his cheeks are smitten with coldness.

"Are you okay!?" I shake him recklessly.

 

            Without hesitation, I wrap his left arm around my shoulder. So I can hold more support, I wrap my right arm around his waist. And we both walk to his house. Arriving at the front steps of his house, there's one problem I need to find a solution to: finding the key. A brittle groan emits out of my mouth; the key must be in Jongin's bag.

 

           Using my arm reflexes I manage to half of the first pocket in Jongin's bag. As I rummage through his bag, my fingers still can't feel keys. I search the other pockets, but still no luck. My patience is half-way to being gone; Swollen abdomen, a head that feels like it'd been pounded by a hammer, and weak quivering legs from all the walking.

 

           I start to check Jongin's pockets, but it was filled with nothing but air. The tiny little fingers of mine crawl up the insides of his inner coat, hoping for a pocket. Inside his coat, I manage to find a pocket which contains his house key.

        The door clicks open, and the aroma of lemongrass and sage fills my nose. Making my insides becomes warm, and with one thought I wonder if he has any relative living with him.

 

Lonely; that's what he feels.

 

             There's no other choice but to stay by his side. After all, we are both injured and could use each other's presence for a while. A slight burn jabs into my left foot, bottling in the pain it takes a few seconds for me to start walking again. Searching from room to room, at the end of the 3rd hallway I've entered, a wooden door stands in front of unconscious Jongin and me.

His name written on a piece of paper taped to the door.

 

           As I turn the lustrous knob. Something catches my attention, on every wall there is a bookshelf and with every bookshelf there is a wall behind it. And it's full of comic books. For a moment, the fatigue look in my eyes is replaced by amusement and excitement. Chuckling with a speck of amusement, I carefully lay him down on his bed.

 

           One by one I take off pieces of his school uniform. I had to punch out my guts in order to make them work when taking off the tank top -that was drenched in sweat and blood- he had worn. Of course, I couldn't let him lie in bed with untreated wounds; it’ll only become infected. Tired of being tired, before I knew it, I fell asleep to the space next beside him.

Clearly unaware of what's happening, I feel someone poking my left cheek.

But I'm way too tired to open my eyes.

"Will you stop that?" I grumble. Something wraps around my back and another on the bend of my kneecaps where my thighs and calves meet. A part of me is startled, and another too tired to care.

 

          Almost deep into my sleep, I feel my entire body fall. My back slams into the couch, and it hurt more than you think.

"OUCCHH! Is that any way to treat YOUR SAVIOR!?" I rub my back, taking a peek Jongin.

 

Jong In ignores my comment and heads to the kitchen. I  follow.

"You can leave now." Jong In tells me.

"You owe me." I say poking his cheek.

 

         He suddenly takes off his enormous glasses and starts to walk towards me. Walking backwards, I hit a countertop. I couldn't walk any further. I'm cornered. When he puts his lips adjacent to mine I figure he's way ahead of me.

"I'll pay it back. What do you want? Star Wars? Comics? And are you doing this because you pity me or?" He said provocatively.

"Give me Mr. Marvelous Special Edition Comic." I clear my throat, and then smile. Jong In lets out a sign.

"Does it really have to be a comic book?" He whines. I smirk,

"Yes. I don't pity you. I thought you could use a girl-friend. Get it?" I poke his chest as I laugh at my own lame joke. His eyes widen,

"HA-HA. And I don't believe you." Kai says mockingly.

 

          Jong In's bruises heal incredibly fast. Come to think of it,  if he wants to break up with me to gain popularity or something; I'm actually fine with it. At least I'm not hurting anyone but myself. The most pain you can receive is not from any person, it's from yourself. Because pain is always there, and it's only valid if you let it stab your heart and mind.  

             


*author's note

 Edited one:) Hope you like it.

I have  alot of chapters to edit

Wish me luck! -oasisgrounds