c h a p t e r s e v e n

Peter Pan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

J i y o u n g

 

“Where are you?” I asked while holding my phone that is placed on my ear.

“I’m somewhere in your neighborhood. I’ll ring the doorbell once I get there.”

“Okay. I’ll wait.”

I hung up then continued to fix my things in my bag ready to go to school.

Today was Friday, one of my most favorite days in a week because tomorrow is Saturday meaning its weekend and no classes! And by the way my other favorite day is Tuesday because I get to watch a new episode of running man in the evening.

Today was a new day though. Not a typical Friday that I have ever had. For some reasons I feel like there’s something different that’s going to happen today and I still have no idea what it is.

Sometimes my thoughts are wrong but I still want to hope for something different.

Once I have finished fixing my bag I quickly swung it on my shoulders and immediately went downstairs to meet my parents.

But, as I arrived at the dining table, I see no one.

One of my maids entered and placed my breakfast on the table.

“Where are mom and dad?” I asked her.

“Work.” She simply said with a smile and vanished again.

I sighed. My parents are quite busy with work these days and somehow it makes me depressed because I rarely have time to talk or meet them. Especially dad. I haven’t seen dad in four days.

Our family’s company is doing well this year but I never liked it when our company improves or gets promoted. The more it gets promoted the less I can see my parents.

I sighed for the second time.

The doorbell rang all of the sudden and I heard rushed footsteps coming to open the door. I remained in the dining room and eat my breakfast.

“Good morning sunshine!” Soojung entered the dining room with raised arms and a bright smile on her face.

“You look . . . refreshing.” I commented then ate a spoonful of rice and bacon.

“Why thank you.” She beamed and sat beside me. “It’s kind of sad that the other four aren’t able to attend school today.”

“Spweekin ohp dwi uders.” I gulped down the food I was chewing. “Why are they not going to school today?”

“Victoria unnie,” She held up one finger. “Sunyoung unnie,” Two fingers. “and Amber” Now three fingers. “The three of them have a campus tour in some famous universities here in Seoul and. . .” This time she was showing me four fingers. “Jinri has a fever she said she won’t be able to go to school today, that means the two of us are the only ones who get to hang out at school today!” She clapped her hands like a kid.

I giggled. How a stoned face girl like her can be so playful around her friends? “I thought you liked it when the six of us are complete.”

“I do but, I also like hanging out with you. Just you.” Her smile didn’t fade.

I returned her the smile. We stayed like that for a second then laughed.

“Oh and by the way, can I ask you a question?” She asked placing her hands under her chin while she observes me drinking water.

“Sure. Anything. Go ahead.”

“Are you dating Jongin?”

Suddenly I almost spit out the water I was drinking. “What?” I looked at her in disgust.

“Well. . . “ She avoided her gaze at me. “Are you?”

“No! How can you . . . say such thing?”

Soojung pressed her lips together. I knew she was hesitant to ask me this question at first and right now that she have built up the courage to ask this, she suddenly didn’t know what to do next.

“Because it looks like it.” She said sheepishly.

I was almost done eating and I unconsciously play with my food. “We’re just friends.”

She sighed in relief. “I need to tell you something.” Her smile came back. “For some reasons, this year I want to get a boyfriend.”

 

* * *

 

On our way to school I keep glancing at Soojung while we walk. Earlier she just confessed that she likes Jongin and currently I have no idea how to react.

Should I set them up for a blind date? But, Soojung doesn’t like blind dates. She has trust issues when it comes to these blind dates.

Should I introduce her to Jongin perhaps? Would she actually appreciate that?

I don’t know. Soojung is the type of girl who appreciates a guy who would approach her first, then maybe I should. . .

“What are you smiling at?” Soojung said in a bored tone and my smile grew wider.

“Oh, Am I smiling?”

“Don’t tell me you’re planning something.” She crossed her arms.

I shook my head and we continued to walk.

Upon reaching our destination that is the school, we went straight to our classrooms. I searched for Jongin in the room and I saw his bag o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter