c h a p t e r f o u r

Peter Pan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L u h a n

 

“Yeah, it was nice talking to you.” I gave her an awkward laugh. “Yes, see you tomorrow.” Then I hung up.

As I end the call Jongin suddenly barged into my room with a bright smile in his face. Although I knew that he wanted me to return that goofy smile of his, I didn’t. I glared at him. I gave him the deadliest glare I can make.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” He raised a brow. He entered my room then sat at the edge of my bed. “Did something wrong happen between the two of you hyung?”

“No. Absolutely not.” I said half sarcastic. “It’s just . . . why did you gave a stranger my phone number?”

He raised his hands in the air like he has been caught by a police. “I can’t do anything. She forced me. Besides Hyesun’s a nice girl plus she’s very pretty. I thought it’ll be good to help you out to find a girlfriend.”

I mentally face palmed. How can Jongin be so naïve at my situation? “You’re just like your dad.”

“What about my dad?” Jongin questions.

“Both of you are such flirts.” I threw a pillow at him just to piss him off. I got out of my bed then headed towards my desk to look for something.

“Oh come on hyung!” He whined. “I’m not a flirt, it’s called being ‘too friendly’ with girls.”

I disregarded him. I continued to search what I was looking for until he spoke again.

“You said this yourself; you’ve been looking for someone for almost 20 years. You didn’t believe the news on what happened to your first love. I’m just helping here. I mean, she’s not coming back. She’s dead. There’s a lot of girls out there you can love and—“

“It’s not like that.” I cut him off. “I can’t love. I don’t age. For the last 20 years the face I have now is the same as I met your dad. Everyone was afraid of me except for you, Myungjong and . . . Jiyoung.” I pulled out the drawer in my night stand and there I found a note.

Jongin was speechless. Myungjong, his father and he were the only ones in the world who knew my capability and accepted it whole heartedly. Jiyoung was also one of the people who accepted me. I thought she would stay with me forever even if she’ll get old and I’ll not. But everything was a shock.

She left me too early.

I always thought that Jiyoung would leave me something. Her death wasn’t just a person who just died out of an accident. It was something more than that.

“So, are you still going to find that Jiyoung?”

I stared at the note I was holding then unknowingly smiled at myself. “I already have.”

 

Myeongdong. Saturday morning (August 16). See you there.

                                 - Han Jiyoung, August 13, 1986

 

* * *

 

I went to school the next morning. It has been a while since I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter