c h a p t e r s i x

Peter Pan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L u h a n

 

P.E class was held at the gym. Our P.E constructor, Mr. Daeho instructed us that boys and girls should line up separately. The girls lined in two rows on the left side of the gym and the boys went to the right side of the gym.

The concept of this school when it comes to P.E classes is rather different. The old schools I’ve been through their P.E classes separates the girls and boys from each other making me used to have boy classmates instead of having a coed one in this class.

But, it doesn’t matter.

I looked at the other side of the gym just to check out on Jiyoung. She was talking to her friend—Soojung I believe is her name. Soojung was the one who talks a lot and Jiyoung was just listening whatever her friend is saying.

“Listen up.” Mr. Daeho called our attention as he claps his hands together. He was standing at the center of the building facing left to right to see whether there are still noisy students. “Today we’ll be playing dodge ball.”

After hearing the word “dodge ball” everyone became noisier. A lot from the girls were whispering and giggling and most of the boys were like high fiving each other and shouts in excitement.

“Everybody be quiet!” Mr. Daeho strictly shouts and everyone obliged. He starts to walk around and observes each and everyone’s faces. “Dodge ball tests your skills, agility and speed. This will basically be your practical test in the agility category. Your test here is by group, next week you’ll have a test in speed category and it’ll be individually done.”

When it comes to agility I’m actually quite confident about it. I have played soccer for almost 15 years so I guess this dodge ball test wouldn't be hard for me.

“In this test we’ll need two groups and one team captain in each group.” Mr. Daeho gestured something to one of our classmates and out of nowhere a ball appeared and he caught it. After he dribbles the ball two times he threw it to a random person and that random person was no other than . . . me.

“Right Mr. Luhan?” He eyed on me.

I nodded. Luckily I caught the ball even if I’m quite not on focus.

“Luhan will be one of the team captains and since I heard that Luhan is one of the new transfers here, I’m making the second captain a transfer too.” Another ball was thrown at him and without further ado he threw it again in the crowd of men.

“I won’t be allowing siblings in the same team.” He said and my eyes went to Jongin. As expected he was holding the ball that Mr. Daeho threw.

Mr. Daeho called the team captains namely me and Jongin. The two of us walked our feet towards the center of the gym.

“Hyung, please be easy on me.” Jongin whispered while grinning.

I laughed a little. “Let’s see.”

“Team one will be Luhan’s team and team two will be Jongin’s team. Team one will be the target and the other team will be the offence and when it comes to your members. . .” Our instructor faced us. “’l’ll let the two of you choose your teammates. Let’s start the choosing with the older one.”

I gazed at Jongin, he gave me a sign that I should go and pick first, so I did.

I cleared my throat as I glance at my classmates. My eyes went first to the boy’s side then shifted to the girls and there I was, I already knew who to pick.

“I choose Han Jiyoung.”

I chose random people who I knew names. Some of my teammates are from the basketball team so I thought I could rely on them in this test.

Jongin on the other hand chose people who he chatted recently at class. Most of s are girls because I chose too much guys on my team.

In conclusion, I have 12 boys including myself and 6 girls with Jiyoung on it of course. Jongin has 7 guys and 11 girls on his team.

“So here is the deal.” Mr. Daeho speaks up again. “If the offence team successfully eliminates all the members in the target team in less than three minutes, they win the game. But, if they failed to do that then the target team wins.”

“What does the winning team get?” One of the guys in my team asked.

Mr. Daeho smirked. “Good question. A 100 point on this test of course.”

“How about the losing team?” Jongin interrupts. “What do they get?”

“Zero.”

The whole class gasped. A zero for a losing team is too much.

“You heard that right, zero it is. That’s why each and every one of you must exert effort because P.E class is no joke. Physical education is still part of your grades in your report card. So if you fail this class, you failed to pass high school. Understood?!”

“Yes, seonsaengnim!” The class shouts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter