Temptation

Knights

The beasts started running towards the boys ready to tear them apart.

 

The monster that got Sangdo kept pulling him in the water, but luckily he's strength matched with the beast, maybe a bit stronger. He pulled as hard as he could away from it. Unsuccessful attempt, he immediately grabbed his dagger from his waistband and cut it to free himself from it. The monster screamed and angrily swang its arms at him slashing him across his chest and shoulders.

 

"Gwah!" Sangdo cried out in pain.  Thinking it was its chance, the beast lunged itself to Sangdo. Fortunate for him, he jumped before it and stabbed his dagger into its chest dragging across its body. The thing cackled and fell down on the ground dead.

 

"Agh! That hurt! You monster!" Sangdo took his dagger from its chest looking at his wounds slowly closing up. "Ahh! That hurt! Really!"

 

The second and third monsters ran toward Hansol, Yooncheol and Sanggyun cornering them against the tree. Three took their daggers and pointed at their enemies, but the monsters just slapped then off their hands onto the ground.

 

"Waa! They're huge, Hyung," Sanggyun screamed as the monsters towered over them.

 

"Ahh..," Hansol quivered.

 

"Then, go out there and save us!" Yooncheol joked.

 

"Right.."

 

Not letting them talk any longer, both of the monsters swang their arms toward the three. Luckily for Hansol and Yooncheol, they ducked right on time and only missed by a hair, but not so lucky for Sanggyun. He was hit in the head scratching his face and sending him flying to the ground.

 

"Aghh!" he cried out on his knees.

 

"Sanggyun!" Hansol and Yooncheol screamed after the young one, but they were blocked by one of the monsters as the other one walked over to Sanggyun.

 

The monster slapped him again, and Sanggyun screamed. Stinging in pain, Sanggyun looked at the monster in front of him and looked down. Oh man! What to do.. Think! Think! Then he saw large roots sticking out of the ground. Ok let's try this.

 

He waited until the beast was only a feet away before he slapped the tree really hard and jumped on the side.

 

"It worked," he shouted as the monster shouted in pain. Just as he hoped the tree reacted and tried to smack the person that hit it, but instead it smacked the monster.

 

Sanggyun did it a few times more as the other beast joined in.

 

"Hyung kill it! Stab them!" the young one shouted.

 

Immediately Hansol and Yooncheol grabbed their daggers, jumped in, stabbed the beasts, and dragged it along their backs. The monsters fell dead.

 

"Whew! That was.. something. Oh ,and I’m sorry tree. I didn’t mean to use you like that," Sanggyun said caressing the tree’s trunk deeply feeling it.

 

Both Yooncheol and Hansol took their daggers out the monsters. Then, Hansol kneeled down to heal the young one’s wound.

 

The last beast ran towards the three Lions.

 

"This is easy! Three on one!" Sangwon exclaimed excitedly.

 

"Still be careful," Taeyang warned.

 

"But I feel bad for her, ganging her up," Sangwon frowned.

 

"No don't you call it 'her'! It played with our hearts," Dongsung made a hurt look clutching his chest.

 

"Right.."

 

The three of them for ready on position taking their daggers out. Sangwon attacked first running in, swinging his weapon recklessly, and just slashing across its body. Seeing it wouldn't work, the beast slapped the dagger out his hand and pushed him out of the way. It pushed hard that Sangwon was smashed against a tree knocking him out.

 

"Sangwon!" the two screamed.

 

"Now you've done done it!" Dongsung said furiously. The two friends ran towards it with daggers in hand when suddenly it changed back into a girl. The two were stopped at their tracks.

 

The girl walked towards them acting innocently.

 

"That's just low. Shamefully turning into a girl," Dongsung scowled. Taeyang and Dongsung were furious but they knew they couldn't hurt a girl. She kept walking towards them, but the two were slowly backing off.  They continued looking, walking, and backing until the two were against a tree. She was really close to them that they could just as easily kill her. The girl laughed, which annoyed them.

 

"Looks like you cannot hit a girl," she snickered. "Well this should be easy."

 

They glared at her still holding back.

 

"Maybe easier than the one I just knocked out."

 

Their hands shook in fury.

 

"Ooh, I like the expression you two are making," she said wide eyed. "I wonder what your expression will be when I kill your friend."

 

Taeyang snapped and swang his dagger to her only to be slapped from his grip.

 

"Saw that coming. I knew you would do that," she said looking at the oldest. "But this one," she said looking at Dongsung this time, "would not hurt a hair of a girl. I saw how you flirted with us. Pathetic."

 

Dongsung just stood there unable to move.

 

Taeyang dropped down to get his dagger and swang it again, but only to be slapped again. She just laughed at the sight. They kept at it until she said, "I am done playing." She raised her hand where claws appeared and scratched the dagger off Taeyang's hand.

 

"Agh!" he cried out.

 

She raised her hand and ready to strike again, but unable to hold back anymore Dongsung stabbed from behind. He took his dagger off and nipped her neck with it. She fell dead.

 

"Hyung! Are you ok?!"

 

"It's just my hand. Go check on Sangwon," said gripping his hand tightly. Dongsung went to check on Sangwon, Taeyang following.

 

"Sangwon-ah! Sangwon-ah! Wake up!" Dongsung shook the young one to wake him up.

 

No response.

 

"Sangwon-ah!" he shook harder. This time his eyes slowly opened.

 

"Hyung? It's too early. 5 more minutes."

 

Dongsung sighed in relief and smiled, "Really!" He chuckled.

 

The rest of the group came running towards them.

 

"Everyone all right?" Yooncheol asked.

 

Hansol ran over to Taeyang to heal his wounds after finishing up Sanggyun's. Dongsung stood up with Sangwon around his arms.  They all looked grim and silent.

 

Then a minute later, they heard something. They looked around and saw Aelena hobbling towards them. Everyone’s eyes widened and ran towards her.

 

"Thank goodness," she smiled a weakly. She looked horrible; her face had bruises, blood on , and torn clothes. She looked around and saw the monsters lying around. "Good. You all fought them off. I thought I was too late."

 

"Do mine later, can you heal Aelena first," Taeyang asked Hansol.

 

Hansol moved beside her and tried his magic. It didn’t work. He frowned and tried again. It was no use, he couldn’t heal her.

 

"It is alright. I can manage these wounds. They are not as bad as it look," she smiled assuring Hansol. He became confused thinking that his powers might not work anymore. He tried to heal Taeyang wounds and effortlessly healed it. Seeing Hansol’s confused looked, she said, "I do not know why that is, but you do not have to worry about me. Another one of them got me unguarded, but I was able to handle it.

 

No one said a thing.

 

Aelena explained, "Those are Aichas. They change themselves into beautiful ladies to try and seduce young men. They try to lure them out into the water. When they successfully do so, they go back in their original form and feed on those unfortunate men."

 

Everyone was silent. Before, they easily taken care of the Leshys they encountered with no wounds or bruises. This time it was serious; Sangdo would’ve died if it wasn’t for his immortality; Sangwon would’ve been badly hurt if the monster didn’t take him lightly; and Sanggyun and Taeyang would’ve had serious wounds and scars if it wasn’t for Hansol healing them. Everyone was hesitating on continuing this journey. They didn’t have any guarantee what else might happen to them or what else they would meet.

 

"It is okay if you would not rather help. No one is forcing you to take on this task," Aelena said after seeing the worried look everyone was giving.

 

Everyone was ready to back out. Sanggyun sighed and said, "I know I might regret this later, but.. I’ll still help."

 

Taeyang sighed before saying, "We did commit ourselves, but as the oldest of the group it's also my responsibility to keep everyone safe and return with everyone back to our world." He looked at everyone. "Everyone can go on if you like, but I'm afraid I can't allow Sangwon to continue."

 

"Huh? Why? I want to continue this adventure!" The young one whined. "I'm strong enough. I can handle it!"

 

"I know you can," he smiled before continuing, "but sometimes you're reckless, and that's dangerous. You could have hurt yourself badly that Hansol can't even heal. You're not going and that's final, but I'll be staying with you."

 

Sangwon sighed. He couldn't argue back when he knew his older friend is right and serious. He couldn't help but not go with the group in an adventure spending time with his friends.

 

"I'm not going, too," Dongsung said. "I just can't let you two stay on your own. And don't worry Sangwon-ah, we could have an adventure of our own," he smiled.

 

"I'm not going as well, in case you need a shield to protect y'all," Sangdo said.

 

They all waited a moment for someone else to stay, but the rest did not say a word.

 

"I'll continue," Yooncheol and Hansol said in unison.

 

Yooncheol sighed and said, "someone still has to come with Sanggyun-ah."

 

"And I want help in anyway I can," Hansol smiled.

 

"I'm sorry Aelena, but the rest of us can't come," Taeyang said. He was disappointed about not fulfilling his commitment, but he was also concerned about his friends. Aelena knew it, too.

 

"It is alright," she smiled. "You are still doing the right thing with your friends."

 

Taeyang smiled back feeling a little bit relieved.

 

"Now, shall we go on!" said Sanggyun.

 

Bright lights suddenly shone, and the monsters’ remains disappeared.