Meeting

Knights

As soon as they arrived, a shocked face was what Sanggyun only could show.

 

"Hyungs? What are you guys doing here? How did you get here? Do you know where we are? Who are they? Do you know what's going on?" Sanggyun fired all the questions that have been haunting him.

 

"Whoa whoa, hold your fire there," the older friend chuckled. "How was your experience in this world? I can see it's not a pleasant one."

 

"Yooncheol-hyung! It's not funny. I almost got slashed in half! Sangwon-ah, you, too! I'm serious!"

 

"Sanggyunie's so cute," Sangwon giggled.

 

"Ah really! Hansol-hyung, help me," he said with pleading look at the only friend who wasn't having giggle fits; though Hansol was smiling at the sight of Sanggyun joining the club.

 

"Ok first, calm down and we'll explain what's going on. Our guide will do most of the talking, though," Hansol said.

 

"Guide?" he looked around and the other person on the room was the girl who saved him. "The chick?"

 

"Yes. There's two of them, actually. The other one is out somewhere."

 

Sanggyun took a deep breath for a few minutes trying to take in what's he seeing. Then he said, "Ok, who's going to start?"

 

They were in a small house that consists of only 3 rooms; a bedroom, a bathroom, and a living room- dining room- kitchen. The three-in-one room wasn't big. In it, there's only a big wooden table, which almost occupied half of the room, chairs around it, a stove, and a sink.

 

"Let me introduce myself first. My name is Aelena, your guide. I shall be your guardian until you are set on your own. -

 

"You are in a small kingdom called Veridia. All members of your group Topp Dogg are chosen to protect this kingdom or when darkness arises. -

 

"Cho Joong-hoon, or you might have known as Cho PD, was once a Knight. However, he wanted to come back to the real world. He was doing well as a Knight, so the King would not let him go. Joong-hoon wanted to keep his duty, but he also wanted to to pursue his passion in music. He wanted to give all his time for it. -

 

"To fill in the gap that Joong-hoon left when he returned to the real world, he said he would find someone to bear the responsibility. That’s when he created Topp Dogg and divided the responsibility among the group. He assigned Knights, Wizards, Lions, and Dragons to all of you. When you are given this responsibility, it will give you strengths and other abilities. -

 

"Knight gives the abilities to be strong, tactful and fearless. Wizard gives the abilities to cast magic spells and make potions. As for Lions and Dragons, we are not sure what they are capable of. That is why Emmanuel, your other guide, is out to find out. Before I continue, do you have any questions?"

 

"If we're here, does that mean darkness is trying to take over? And how did we get here in the first place?" Sanggyun asked.

 

"That, we are not sure of the movement of the dark side yet, but judging of when those two Leshys, the illusionists, attacked you, there might be something going on. However, they most likely drawn by the mark on your shoulder. For your question of how you got here, you were brought by your own desire to be here," she answered.

 

"Desire to be here? I don't even remember wishing to be here."

 

"There should be something that got you here," Yooncheol said.

 

"Then how did you get here, Hyung?"

 

"We got here because of Dongsung-hyung," Sangwon said.

 

"About only a few days ago when we had a day off, Dongsung-hyung woke up really early, so he started his morning going into his laptop. Of course, he had to turn on his bedside lamp and his speaker. Having no choice we all woke up, got up and started to wash up," Hansol told.

 

"Hansol and I went to the bathroom, washed our face and looked at the mirror, and then, Sangwon followed. Then we were all just looking at the mirror wanting for just one peaceful morning without Hyung's racket waking us up," Yooncheol explained.

 

"And we think that's how we got here." Sangwon grinned. “ And from then on, we return here a couple of times."

 

The three friends' explanation made Sanggyun think for a  moment. And when he did, he remembered looking at the mirror and wishing for a breather. He thought he wished for relaxation, not a one way ticket to kill-land.

 

"Then you also encountered killing monsters when you got here?" Sanggyun asked.

 

"Hmm, not really," Yooncheol said. "Sangwon-ah's laziness saved us." Sangwon frowned.

 

"His wrong way of wearing his shirt prevented the Leshys casting their spells, thus your friends ran as soon as they spotted those creatures," Aelena explained. "Leshys excrete sweet aroma which triggers a person's mind, but they get thrown off and lose their track when a person wears their clothes wrong side out."

 

"Aelena-noona came to our rescue and kicked those guys !" Sangwon jumped.

 

"But still y'all ran away," Sanggyun teased.

 

"They had swords!" They all laughed at their own experiences.

 

"But wait, Aelena.. noona.. had to check the tattoo thing on my back if it's real."

 

"Your friends and I met by accident while I was out at the woods. They were troubled, so I had to help as my duty to keep civilians from danger," Aelena told him. "Then that was when I saw who they really were. When I saw them, I thought that there might be others of you coming to this world."

 

"Ok.." Sanggyun wanted to ask more questions, but he refrained himself from doing so with just one last question. "So all in all we stay on this house or get sliced up by those killers?"

 

"No. As long as you are here, you have the option to learn your strengths with your mark and take the responsibility to protect the kingdom. Or you can go back to your world," she explained.


 

He had the urge to say no, but he also wanted to help. He looked at his friends for their answers, and it seemed that they had already decided. "Well, I guess you can count me in."

 

"Something to keep in mind, do not let others see your emblem. That was what drew them to you."

 

"Oh yeah! I wasn't wearing a shirt when we got here and worn my shorts wrong side out," Sangwon laughed. "I was going to take a shower before we got transported here."

 

Hansol chuckled and everyone laughed.

 

"Ok ok, I think that's enough info for now and time to go to sleep," Sangwon said.

"Yeah, assuming that Sanggyun also came here right after we all went back the the dorms."

 

No one argued about resting. They were all tired practising from the real world. Sanggyun did get a short nap but running away from the Leshys drained his energy.

 

Without wasting any time, they all rested well. Sanggyun rested that night well especially knowing he's with his friends.

 

He was relieved that Yooncheol was there, who he was very close to; Hansol, who was very tender and very fond of everyone; and Sangwon, who was very friendly and always in high-spirits. He slept well knowing he's with people he trust. Strange, but he was looking forward for tomorrow. He slept smiling.