Seal of Knight

Knights

Walking like a tourist, Sanggyun was suddenly dragged into the dark.

 

"Help! Help! Help!" he shouted, but the hand on his mouth muffled the words. He kicked around and waved his hands frantically free. The kidnapper didn't budge. Whoever it was, it was strong. "Hyung!"

 

When they were out of sight and in the dark, the kidnapper let Sanggyun go. He was about to scream but the person covered his mouth and said, "Don't make any noise." He didn't understand the kidnapper but the harsh tone indicated its seriousness to not make a sound.

 

The person was wearing a hood over its head so Sanggyun couldn't see its face. But it was quite small. He wondered how that person just carried him. The small person came close and turned him around pinning him into the wall; took a cloth from its bag and wet it with water; and rubbed it on Sanggyun's shoulder. The same place he felt the burn earlier. The person was scrubbing hard that he could feel his skin burning. Not knowing what's going on, Sanggyun was just frozen on the wall.

 

"Ah.." Gently, the person turned Sanggyun back around.

 

"I don't know what going on here, but can you please just let me go," Sanggyun said not letting his voice quiver in fear.

 

The person moved closer, but Sanggyun already had his back on the wall. The small one took the hood off, and it was a girl. A pretty girl who looked about only a few years older than him. Then she grabbed something from her pocket. She feed him some kind of fruit and cuffed something on his ear.

 

"I apologise for my rough treatment. It was just a precaution."

 

"For what?! I almost had a heart attack! What wer.. Wait, did I just hear you right? I can understand you?" he said surprised.

 

"Yes."

 

"Ah! And you understand me?!"

 

"Yes."

 

Regaining his composure, he looked straight at the other person and said, "Wow, what a dream! It's like I'm really in it!"

 

"You are mistaken. This is not a dream. This is real," she said with a straight face. "Come on, we have to go," she said pulling his arm.

 

"Huh? Go where? And how about the old couple who helped me? I have to find and thank them," he said pulling his arm back.

 

"They were an illusion. They were taking you to their lair and devour you."

 

"What are you talking about?" Confused Sanggyun turned around to find the old couple and get away with this crazy girl. However when he turned around, he wasn't at the alley anymore, not in town anymore. Instead of the houses and dimly lit street lamps, he saw trees, bushes, and moonlight. He was at the same place as he was before.

 

Then the two heard bushes rustling nearby. They both turned to where the sound was.

 

"Let us go!" she took his hand and pulled him with her, but he still wasn’t convinced. At that moment, another hooded person came out of the bushes only this time it was holding a sword in front of it.

 

The hooded person came at Sanggyun. Sanggyun only managed to scream while frozen in place. He was hoping this was just a nightmare where he would wake up any minute from. But it wasn't.

 

The sword was about to slice him, but the girl intervened it with her own sword. "What are you doing?" she said countering the enemy’s weak blow and stab it at its chest. And just as the person fell, another one appeared from the bushes and went for Sanggyun, again. This time the it managed a light slash at his right arm.

 

"Ahh!!" Sanggyun screamed; shocked at how real the cut felt and scared of how his dream was becoming. The cut only felt as if getting a long paper cut, but what if the sword pierce through him? Having this thought in mind, he started running as the person was coming at him, again. And before it turned into a chase, the girl stabbed it at the back.

 

"Get a hold of yourself," she said stopping him from running further. "We have to get going." She acted like it was nothing, like she had done this kind of fights before, like it was normal for running swords on the loose. She turned around and started walking. Then he watched the two bodies disappearing.

 

What is going on here? he thought, but still followed her hesitantly.

 

Like she could read his mind she said, "I will explain everything once we get to the headquarters."

 

Ok, where did those raging ninjas come from? he thought to himself.

 

"Those two people who attacked you were the old couple you met. Their appearance was part of the illusion they created," she explained.

 

"Are you a psychic or something? How did you know what I was thinking?"

 

"I am not. I just wanted to inform you in case you are wondering, like the some of your friends."

 

"Huh? My friends?"

 

"This is not your world, but this is also not a dream. Everything that is happening here is real, thus you must be careful."

 

"Ok?" he said. He began to accept a little of the fact that this might not be dreaming. That also meant that he could be in danger. Cold sweat started to form.

 

"Also, wear this," she handed the same hood they were wearing while avoiding looking. "I-it helps hide your.. World's clothing and the emblem on your back."

 

"My back?" he looked at his back.  Though he couldn't fully see, he noticed a black marking at the spot he felt a burn earlier. "Ah what's this? where did it come from?"


"It is an insignia. You have the seal of 'Knight'."