Consideration

Knights

"Hyung! Are we okay we made the right decision?" Sanggyun asked unsure what they got themselves into.

 

"Yeah we did! Now be quiet. I don't want waste anymore breathe," Yooncheol said panting a little.

 

"I want to take a break! I'm tired!" Sangwon complained.

 

"We just took one a couple minutes ago!" Sangdo replied.

 

"We can take one again later," Hansol suggested.

 

"We need to keep going or we won't be able to go home anytime soon," Dongsung said. Sangwon pouted.

 

"Let's take a break in a few hours and keep going," Taeyang said to the youngest.

 

They've all been walking through the forest since early morning for five hours with Aelena keeping them company and being their guide. They already took three breaks throughout the hike. Walking in the forest for a long time in an unfamiliar setting was a little tiring for the group, so they've been taking breaks every now and then. However, if they kept stopping, it could take them a few days to reach their destination.

 

They walked for two more hours until they stopped for lunch. After eating lunch and resting, they continue on walking for three more hours.

 

"I'm tired!" the youngest complained. "We've been walking for hours and it looks like we've been at the same place over and over!"

 

The members said nothing, but they were thinking the same thing. They were all waiting for a change of scene or something to happen to know they were on the right path.

 

Sangwon turned to Aelena and asked, "Are we going on the right direction?"

 

"Yes. According to the map Emmanuel gave, we are going on thy right direction," Aelena answered holding up the map. Emmanuel didn't come with them trusting they could do it all on their own, but he asked Aelena if she could come. Feeling like it was her duty, she willingly came along. Also, Emmanuel gave each of the boys a dagger for cases they come across into trouble. He didn't bother to teach them, because he knew it was in all of them how to use one.

 

Sangwon peeked at the map and scrunched his nose. He couldn't understand a thing written on it. Of course, it was map of Veridia, and it was written in their language.

 

Seeing Sangwon's and the others' uncertainty, Aelena assured, "We should be seeing a bridge crossing a river soon."

 

The members was relieved knowing they were making a bit of progress walking.

 

Everyone continued walking for one more hour.

 

"Hyung.. Hyung.. Hyung!" Sanggyun kept calling.

 

"What!" Yooncheol responded.

 

"Carry me, please!"

 

"No!"

 

"How about me, Hyung?" Sangwon asked.

 

"No! I'm carrying no one! Not ever!"

 

"Even other people? Children? Seniors?" Sanggyun teased.

 

"No!" Yooncheol said firmly.

 

The two youngest pouted as they walked beside each other.

 

"Yooncheol-hyung is so mean," Sangwon said grabbing Sanggyun's arm and hugging it. He nodded in agreement.

 

Just as Sanggyun nodded in agreement, everyone heard noises of someone talking and dragging wheels. They all stopped on their track and listened to the sound growing louder and louder. Soon, an old man came sight.

 

Sanggyun became alarmed remembering the couple he met when he first got there. He tightened his grip of Sangwon's arm.

 

The old man was wearing the same type of clothing as the first one. But, there was something different about him. He was sweating a lot as he pulled a cart full of woods, foods and fruits. He seemed normal unlike the first one Sanggyun encountered.

 

Knowing that the man was harmless, Sanggyun loosened up, and especially since he was with his friends.

 

"If I had the strength, I would teach that young man a lesson," said the man to himself. Then he sighed and grumbled grudging words in frustration. That's when he finally notice the group.

 

"Oh hello," the man said.

 

"Hello!" the group greeted back.

 

"What brought you all here in the forest?" the man asked. "Could it be that you are all lost?"

 

"Oh no, we are just looking for a flower," Hansol answered.

 

"Which flower? Maybe I can help out since I've been living in this forest for a long time."

 

"Lily of the Valley," Aelena said.

 

"Lily of the Valley?" the man said confused. "Was not that just a myth?"

 

"That we do not know for sure."

 

"That's why we're trying to look for it," Sangdo said.

 

The man looked grim. "Unfortunately, I do not know where the flower is. I tried looking for it once, but no luck," he said.

 

"It's alright. We can find it ourselves," Taeyang smiled.

 

"Well, I wish you all well on your journey."

 

As the man we're turning to go, Yooncheol asked, "I'm just wondering, do you live faraway?"

 

"No, I live just about an hour away. Why?" the man asked.

 

Yooncheol came up to the man and took hold of the cart. "We can help carry this for you home. We do have some time right?" he asked Aelena.

 

Aelena saw the gesture he was making, smiled, and said, "Yes, we do."

 

"Ok! So which way is it to your house?"

 

"Oh young man, it is alright. I can manage on my own," the man said.

 

Then Sangdo came up and took hold of the cart, too. "It's ok! Just sit down at the back of the cart and we'll take you home," Sangdo smiled.

 

Speechless and moved, the man smiled and gave in. He sat down at the back feeling rested. "Thank you," he said from the back. Yooncheol and the others smiled.

 

When Yooncheol and Sangdo lifted the cart to pull, it was heavy. The weight really worked them up, but they just pulled it. They were amazed at how the man just pull the cart by himself. Now, they were more motivated to try as hard as the man was.

 

"Hyung, I thought you won't ever pull anyone," Sangwon teased.

 

"Shut up." They laughed.

 

"Well, aren't you a cutie, Hyung" Sanggyun teased walking beside Yooncheol.

 

"Hmph."

 

Sanggyun smiled. He was happy for his friend. He knew that even though Yooncheol say things as not carrying anyone, inside he actually cared.

 

Sanggyun grabbed Yooncheol's arm and hugged it grinning.

 

"Yah! What are you doing?" he tried to shake off the young one. "Yah! It's heavy!" Sanggyun giggled and let go.

 

Feeling curious, Aelena ran up beside Sanggyun and asked, "If you do not mind my asking, I have been noticing how you all are very close to each other, like touching and hugging each other. Why is that?"

 

Sanggyun felt a bit surprised by the question. "Well. Um, I'm not sure how to explain it. It's just the way we are, maybe. Hmm, because we like and trust each other."

 

"Hmm."

 

"Why?"

 

"Nothing. I am just fascinated seeing how you all behave. In this land, you do not often see anyone being affectionate. Even couples."

 

"Oh, it's just normal for us to be affectionate. Physically showing our appreciation and other emotions."

 

"Oh I see. It seems our culture is quite similar, but in a different way."

 

"How?"

 

"We are similar by being direct with our feelings. However, yours is showing through physical affection, and ours is through words, action and by look."

 

"Ohh," Sanggyun said thinking about what Aelena just said.

 

The two of them kept talking all the way home with other members joining in the conversation as well. And the members kept pulling the man's cart switching between all of them pulling, so Yooncheol and Sangdo wouldn't have to pull all the way. But, most of the time, Yooncheol pulled the cart.

 

Not one of them complained pulling the cart. The man sitting was happy. He was having a tough day, before he met the group. However, he was glad he could rest after pulling his heavy cart, and he appreciated the boys.

 

The man looked back at the boys smiling at how they looked happy even still pulling him and his cart.

 

After walking for an hour, everyone reached the house. An old woman was waiting by the door. Everyone thought it must have been the man's wife.

 

"Welcome home, Dear!" The woman called out as she walked to hug his husband. "You have really worked hard today."

 

The man didn't say anything, he was just relieved to be home with his wife.

 

"And we have guests?" she smiled warmly at the group.

 

Everyone felt the warm from her smile. They just smiled back at her. It felt like they didn't have to say anything. Their genuine smiles already spoke for them.

 

Sanggyun thought that must be what Aelena meant.

 

The couple asked them to join them for dinner but they all refused saying that they need to get going and find the flower. The two senior offered them food for the journey as thanks, but those were refused, too. The members said it was the man's hard work carrying and pulling all of their necessities, and just let the couple have them.

 

The couple understood let them off. They said their thanks to the group and wished them all well on the road.


Everyone continued walking out when a sudden light appeared from behind. They looked back, and the house and the couple were gone.

 

 

 


Seventh done!

How was it?
How do you like this chapter?
I'm sorry, I've been stuck T.T!
It's starting now.

Thank you for reading!