The Task

Knights

"Ok. First things first, the Leshys that attacked was definitely meant for you all. They were all sent by the King himself. He wanted to test how far you can last on this land. And he wanted to know if you are suitable to carry your seals."

 

"Then, Sir Emmanuel, it was the King who took us here in this land," Taeyang asked to the old man. The man that was their second guide. He was far older than Aelena, but he looked strong and very knowledgeable.

 

"Oh no. It was all on you that you entered this kingdom. The King can see everything, every movement of the Kingdom. He knows who comes in and out of his Kingdom."

 

The next question was what had been eating everyone inside, but only Taeyang brave enough to ask,"Then why did the King had us attacked?" They were not scared to ask, but just afraid of the answer. Was it just randomly coming in the Kingdom or did they do something wrong. "Does he need something from us to test us?"

 

"Then what was all talk that Aelena-noona said, 'train your powers' something like that? That we need to protect this place from darkness? Did you know about this?" Dongsung asked turning to Aelena.

 

"No, I did not. I was also just told that."

 

"Yes, Aelena did not know any of this. I just told her what King wants you to know." Emmanuel explained. Emmanuel was kind of like the right hand of the King because his majesty trusted him a lot. Emmanuel had been watching the King since he was a child. He was the teacher that taught the King. "And for your question Taeyang. The King does want something from you," he said looking solemn.

 

Everyone looked at each other confused.

 

"It is true that you all need to protect this Kingdom from darkness. The King would have left you all to do what you desire here, but I am afraid darkness is upon a person who is very dear to him. That is why he wants you to go on a little trek. To find a flower, called Lily of the Valley."

 

"A flower?" everyone wondered in confusion.

 

"How is that going to help fight darkness?" Hansol asked.

 

"It is a rare flower that only blooms once a year when the moon is shining high up the mountain. It only shows up to the ones with pure heart. That pure heart will resonate to the flower and through the whole Kingdom fighting every darkness," Emmanuel told. "Also, with that power cures people from evil, sickness and curses. It eliminates many people in their miseries."

 

Everyone was amazed at how magical and important the flower was the Kingdom. They didn't know that such a flower exist.

 

"But if it so powerful, why wouldn't be anyone looking for it?" Yooncheol asked.

 

"That is where the problem lies, no one has ever seen it. It is like a myth, a tale that is only passed around."

 

Yooncheol crunched his eyebrows, "Then how do you suppose we find it? If it even exists. And if it is a tale, how do you believe it's true."

 

Emmanuel sighed, "The truth is we do not know if it really exists. However, the King has faith in all of you to find. Second, the impending darkness his majesty is saying does not  lie in people wanting to take over the Kingdom, but it locked in a person's heart. There is no cure for it other than the flower itself."

 

Everyone's eyes grew wide.

 

"And each day that darkness is growing without the person's knowledge."

 

Sanggyun gulped, "If-if it's such a big task, why did the King wants us to do it?" He was worried. He didn't know how to handle a huge task that the whole Kingdom and his majesty would be counting on. He thought his responsibility was only in Topp Dogg, just in the group, just to perform. But, then in this foreign land he just knew about was asking them more than he could think of. Sanggyun's stomach felt a bit twisted at the thought.

 

"He trusts in you," Emmanuel answered with determined eyes. "He trusts Cho PD's decision of delegating you all with such a big responsibility with your own seals."

 

"Trust in us with a big task? We don't even know how to use whatever powers we have," Sangdo exclaimed.

 

"Do not worry. Your skills will come naturally at you," Emmanuel smiled. "As you have witness on your own how Hansol can heal like a Wizard; Taeyang, Gohn and Sangwon can fight aggressively and strongly like a Lion; and Sangdo can can fight well like a Lion but he has immortality in him like a Dragon."

 

"Then, how about me and Yooncheol-hyung. We didn't feel anything different," Sangyun said.

 

"You did. At least Yooncheol did."

 

Sanggyun furrowed his eyebrows.

 

Emmanuel turned to Yooncheol and said, "How did you feel when you touched the dagger that Aelena threw you?"

 

Yooncheol was surprised now that he thought about it. "It felt like I've held one before, like I already know how to use it."

 

Emmanuel smiled, "it is not just dagger. You'll also be familiar with other weapons as soon as you hold them." Then he turned to everyone. "The King does not want to risk your lives, but just hoping he could use your help. If you do not want to go through this, just say so. His majesty will not be mad."

 

"But what will happen if we can't find it and darkness takes over that person?" Hansol asked.

 

"There is no consequence. Just that if it’s not cured, horrible things would befall that person, which is become evil itself. Symptoms only occurs when the illness has almost taken over the individual’s body. Evil would only stay there for a short while, then that person will die. The darkness would, then, transfer to another host, and feed on the person’s energy. The same faith will befall that person as the first one, and the cycle continues. Therefore, it is your decision to go back home now or help us," Emmanuel said firmly.

 

Emmanuel waited for everyone to start walking out as this was a task the group couldn't relate with knowing they came from a different world. But to his surprise, everyone stayed but quiet.

 

"Ok! I take that everyone's on board!"

 

"So we just have to go up and mountain and look for it, right?" Taeyang asked.

 

"Sounds easy enough!" Sangdo exclaimed.

 

"Oh no, it is more than just searching for it. There are three trials throughout the journey to the mountain. Trials that shall test one's pureness of heart."

 

"Oh," Dongsung frowned.

 

"So when do we start finding this flower?" Taeyang asked.

 

"Tomorrow."

 

"Tomorrow?!" everyone said in unison.

 

"Yes tomorrow," Emmanuel smiled.