Sweet Surprises

Knights

Sanggyun woke up on his own, without alarm clocks or Hyungs waking him up. Yooncheol, Hansol, and Sangwon were already gone when he woke up. He went to the kitchen to find something to eat.

 

Yooncheol and Aelena were there drinking. There was breakfast already prepared. It was just a loaf of bread and a pale of orange juice. He walked to the table and took a seat.

 

"Good morning!" Yooncheol greeted.

 

"Good morning Hyung! Noona."

 

She nodded in response.

 

"I hope it isn’t a problem, but I’m not wearing the hood since we're inside. It's really warm in here," Sanggyun said taking a seat.

 

Aelena didn't say anything; she just avoided looking at him. He didn't know why, but he thought he saw her blushed a little.

 

Sanggyun sliced a piece of the bread and took a bite. "What the," he said surprised. He had never tasted anything so delicious. It didn't taste just like an ordinary bread. The bite was savoury and full. With just one bite, he could feel his hunger subsiding. "This is so good. What is this?"

 

"It is  regular bread made same way as you do in your world with the same ingredients just grown here," she said not looking at him.

 

"What ingredients are grown here rainbows and ponies?" he said scarfing down his slice of bread. He went back for four more slices until he was full. Then he drank the juice to digest those slices. To his surprise, it wasn't just any juice. It was sweeter and had more punch. "Is this made the same way as well?" he asked.

 

Aelena nodded still not meeting his look.

 

"I know right? Everything here is delicious," Yooncheol beamed.

 

"Yeah! Really what do you grow here," he said amazed. He was awed by the food there that he just noticed how she wouldn't meet his gaze. He asked, "Uhm.. Is there something wrong? I noticed haven't looked at me at all." It wasn't that Sanggyun likes attention, he just wanted to communicate face to face with other people.

 

"She just doesn’t like looking at your face," Yooncheol joked. The young one rolled his eyes.

 

"I apologise, it is because you are showing too much skin," she blushed.

 

He looked at his body. "What? You can only see my arms."

 

"And there’s nothing even there,” Yooncheol started laughing.

 

"In this world, everyone covers up most of their body parts. You will rarely see a person as bare as you are right now."

 

Now that he thought, Yooncheol and Hansol were still in their sweaters, and Sangwon was wearing the same hood she gave. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Ok," he said still not wearing his hood. Then he grinned and said, "So you've never seen guns like this, huh?" He showed her his biceps.

 

"Guns?" she said in confusion and Yooncheol in incredulity.

 

He ignored them and posed with both arms, "Yeah, like this. ooh ooh, bam!"

 

She was speechless because; one, she didn't know what to say because she didn't know what he was trying to show her; and two, this muscles were just skins and muscles to her. Yooncheol on the other hand started laughing like there’s no tomorrow.

 

Aside from his Hyung’s outburst, a blank expression wasn't he expected from her, but he just shrugged it off. "So, where are the others?"

 

"I do not know. They wandered off together."

 

"Exploring, probably."

 

"Oh so it's safe to go out?"

 

"Yes, as long as you keep your seal hidden."

 

"Okay! Let’s go out, Hyung!" He put on the hood and went out to explore the land, which he didn't had the chance to do so earlier with all the things that happened.

 

As soon as Sanggyun opened the door, fresh air hit him. He inhaled a lung full and exhaled. He felt as if his lungs had been cleansed. He wasn't in a hurry to find the others, so they took their time strolling in the wilderness like they were in a foreign country.

 

"I could live here," he said smiling.

 

"I know right. Such beautiful place," Yooncheol agreed. The young one took his arm, so they were walking arm in arm happily.

 

"I wonder if I’ll see elves and fairies here."

 

They didn’t know how long they’ve been walking, but they continued taking in the scenery until they heard yelling. It sounded like it was their friends. They ran into the direction where the yelling came from. And when the two got there, their jaw dropped open.

 

"Hyungs?!"

 

"Wah, Yooncheolie and Sanggyunie are here, too?!" "How did y'all get?" "This was supposed to be our secret magical hideout!" the three adults said  simultaneously.

 

Sangwon giggled and said, "Not anymore, Sangdo-hyung!"

 

Sangdo frowned.

 

"Well, that's just it! Vacation's over! Back to looking after the little ones!"

 

"Dongsung-hyung, you don't have to worry for us! We're doing fine!" Hansol replied to Dongsung. He smiled to assure his older friend.

 

"Taeyang-hyung! I didn't know you know this place, too!" Yooncheol asked surprised.

 

"We just came across it only a few weeks ago, but only returned twice or thrice," Taeyang said.

 

"You could have at least told us about this land, Hyung."

 

Sanggyun nodded in agreement. He just got here, but the air, the trees, and especially the foods made him want to stay in the land.

 

"See," Yooncheol said putting his arm around Sanggyun.

 

"It's like we're all having a field trip!" Sangwon beamed.

 

"So how did y'all get here?" Dongsung asked the second time.

 

Hansol told the whole story how they got there and then, asked the same question, "How did you get here, Hyung?"

 

"We were at the studio one day, coming up of a song. Then we're here," he explained.

 

"Well, were you wishing to be somewhere else at the time?"

 

Dongsung thought for a minute, but it was Taeyang who answered the question. "Hmm, we're thinking to be somewhere for inspiration."

 

"We ask for a peaceful place to work at and get inspiration even at the dorm," Sangdo eyed Yooncheol, Hansol, and Sangwon. And all three laughed guilty.

 

"All Hyungs, too ah!" Sangwon pointed out. The three adults laughed, too.

 

"Wait, now that I look at it. Everyone from our dorm is here," Taeyang said. He, then, looked at Sanggyun. "Are the others here as well?"

 

"I don't know, Hyung. I got here alone," Sanggyun answered.

 

"No! Don’t tell them yet! Let’s enjoy this between us for a bit," Sangdo whined childishly.

 

Everyone nodded in agreement.  They weren’t being selfish, they just wanted to not think about anything and be themselves. Back in the real world, they were always together, but here in Veridia they got a sense of their own individual self.

 

"Though it’ll be fun with the other members, let’s invite them later," the oldest proposed. "Now, everyone go about your business and just meet back here later. We’re staying here, but we might wander a little for break."

 

"Ok, Sangwonnie, and I will also continue wandering around," Hansol said.

 

"And look for some edible snacks in the process," Sangwon grinned.

 

"Sanggyun-ah and Yooncheolie, want to come along?"

 

"Sure!" the two replied. They headed out. "So, where are we going?"

 

"Anywhere’s fine."

 

-- -- -- -- --

 

All four of them walked aimlessly to wherever their feet led them. And after walking for only ten minutes the two youngest started to complain.

 

"I’m hungry," they said in unison.

 

"Is there anything to eat here?"Sangwon complained. "Just to state the obvious, we’ve been here for awhile but I don’t think we’ve picked our own foods. It was Aelena-noona who always serves as food. Everything’s so good.."

 

"Can you see anything to eat?" Yooncheol replied a bit annoyed.

 

"Hmph." Then Sangwon spotted a tree bearing lots of  fruits. He ran towards it in glee. The others followed. "Hmm," he his lips before plucking a purple looking peach. Reaching to the fruit, something hit him hard in the . "What the! Who hit me!"

 

"Huh? What are you talking about? No one hit you. Now, just get something to eat," Yooncheol reached for the fruit. Something also hit him in his . "What the!"

 

Curious, Sanggyun reached for the fruit, too, slowly. Then, it hit him. Everyone saw it; a root came out of the ground and smacked him.

 

"Wah! The tree is alive!" Sangwon screamed. Everyone was surprised.

 

"It seems like it only hits us when we try to grab its fruits," Hansol said.

 

"What?" Sangwon pouted. "But, I’m hungry!"

 

"Stop whining! It might hear you and slap you, again," Yooncheol said.

 

Sangwon flinched at the thought of being hit again. "I’m sorry tree, it’s just that I want to try your fruits, if you would only let me," he looked at the tree and its tasty treats. To his surprise, the tree dropped a fruit to him as if saying that he could have some. Wide-eyed Sangwon smiled. "For me? Thank you very much!"

 

Seeing what just happened, the members did the same thing; they asked for permission. The tree lowered its branches to them, each of them taking one fruit.

 

"The tree is really alive!" Sanggyun said. Then, they all took a bite of the fruit. Speechless, all of them could just moan in pleasure while eating. "Hmm, what is this? This is so good.." The fruit looked exactly like a peach inside out, but the taste wasn’t. The fruit was sweeter and juicier with each bite, and just one fruit they were already full and satisfied.

 

"Waa, that was so good! Thank you tree for that wonderful treat," Sangwon beamed like a child who just had a bowl of ice cream. The other members thanked the tree, too.

 

"I could definitely live here, if it weren’t for those nasty Leshys," Sanggyun scowled at the memory. "Good thing, it only managed a small slice at me."

 

A small gasp escaped the other members. Sangwon walked over to Sanggyun. "Where did it hurt you?" he asked.

 

Sanggyun lifted his cape and showed them his arm. The rest of the members walked towards him.

 

"I saw your wound earlier, but I thought you just hurt yourself," Yooncheol said. Sanggyun frowned.

 

Hansol touched Sanggyun’s arm and said, "they did this to you?" He traced his finger on his wound. Then, everyone gasped. With another surprise, the wound suddenly disappeared.

 

"Waa! How did that happen?" Sangwon said in shock. He took Sanggyun’s arm and twisted it to see what happened.

 

"Ow, you’re hurting me!"

 

"Oops, sorry!"

 

"Could it be Hansolie did that?" Yooncheol said astonished.

 

"I don’t know. I’m just as shocked as you are!" Hansol exclaimed.

 

"Well, Hansol-hyung is a Wizard, right? Maybe he really healed me!"

 

"That could be it, right!" Sangwon said.

 

"Right, right, right," everyone said together.


"Wow! Hansol-hyung can heal. He really has powers! Now, I’m curious as to what I can do," Sangwon grinned. Of course everyone, too, suddenly became curious of their own ability.