Chapter 8

3 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 Days Earlier

After eating his third pizza slice, Chanyeol wiped his mouth and cleared his throat. "My sister likes you. Very much, in fact. I can see it in her eyes."

"Well... That's good to know." Seolmi was fiddling with her straw. She was nervous. Chanyeol was in front of her analyzing her every move. Then, beside her, she felt her phone vibrate. She fumbled around her bag and took out her phone. Chanyeol looked down at her phone and asked who was calling.

"It's my mom. Wait a minute I have to talk to her." Seolmi stood up and walked outside the restaurant. 
Chanyeol wondered what was so important that she had to go outside. After thinking of a few scenarios, he concluded that he shouldn't mind her business and just let her have some privacy. After all, her parents aren't here in Korea.

That’s what he thought. That’s what he presumed.

“Hello? Mom?” Seolmi said as soon as she slid the answer button.

“Honey where are you? I tried calling your dorm phone but no one was answering.”

Seolmi could hear the worry in her voice. It was so evident.

“Don’t stress yourself out and stop worrying about me. I’m 17 already and besides I do know how to defend myself just fine. As for where I am, I’m in an Italian restaurant with a friend. He’s treating me to pizza. And gosh it was so delicious! I’ll bring you here one time.” Seolmi kicked a pebble and walked back and forth. Tears were accumulating in the edge of her eyes, threatening to fall. ‘I wish we had more time mom.’ She thought and blinked the tears out of her eyes.

“I can’t help but worry honey. You know very well the position you – we – are in.” Her mom sighed. Seolmi could picture her in her mind. She was looking down at her toes, biting her lower lip. That was how she would always look when she was worried about something.

“Let’s get to the point mom. Why did you call me?”

“Oh alright. Impatient as always just like your dad.” She chuckled. “So I and your dad had been tapping into some of our friends and our friend’s friends. We finally found a good surgeon who is going to conduct the surgery. I actually just talked to him before calling you. He said that he would want see the scans of your brain.”

“Really? That’s good! When is it?” Seolmi was now eager to know her situation after a week. Did her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter