Chapter 5

3 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolmi didn't make any contact with Chanyeol for a week.

Silence. Devastation. Dread. Pain. Worry. 
Chanyeol wanted to make contact with her. But he couldn't. He was afraid of rejection. He was afraid of having to walk on this detested world as a lone man. He lost a battle that hasn't even started yet. 

Chanyeol kept on wondering why. Why they couldn't be together. Why would he get hurt when they did. 

Was there another man in Seolmi's heart? Flashes of a smiling Seolmi wearing a white gown standing beside an unknown man in a tuxedo suit. Chanyeol couldn't even imagine the pain he would go through.

 

An angry Kris stomped into Chanyeol's dorm. He picked up Chanyeol by his collar and pushed him against the wall.

"I've had enough of this Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun told us everything. Do you think your world is over once she said that you shouldn't like her? Did she dump you? Stop acting like some heart-broken bastard and start getting your together Park Chanyeol. You're making all of us worry about you. Look at how crappy you look! If you think this is pain then what do you call the thing you experience once she REALLY DOES dump you? Stop assuming and start acting. GET. YOUR. . TOGETHER. CONFESS TO HER." Kris let go of his collar and went out of the room slamming the door in the process.

Kris scolding him was a like a wake-up call. Why was he acting like that in the first place? 

Another knock was heard followed by the door creaking. Suho came inside and cleared his throat. He motioned for Chanyeol to sit down on the bed and later on followed suit.

"Chanyeol, people come and people go. They come into our lives because they have a purpose and they leave when the time is ripe because they have fulfilled this purpose. Seolmi came into your life and you fell in love with her. Do you think her sole purpose was to make you fall for her and not entertain your feelings whatsoever? Well, I certainly don't think so." Suho said in a soothing tone. A brief moment of silence followed. Chanyeol looked at Suho admiringly while Suho stared at the wall. It was as if he was criticizing the words that were yet to come out of his mouth. Contemplating which ones were better to say. 

"A raft that has floated beyond one's reach cann

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter