Chapter 9 : Surprise Visit

Undefeatable Heartbreakers

‘Ugh!! Not now!! I’m starving!! Aish!’ you thought, ‘I wonder who could that be’ . You put your pizza back in the box slowly . You stood up and went to open the door.

    “SURPRISE!!!” you heard someone scream,but you couldn’t see who it was because you were attacked by a giant bearhug and a big flock of hair.

     “I missed you.” the person whispered in your ears.

     “Kate?” you said recognizing the voice. She let go of you.

     “And the boss.” she said dragging in your boss. You were surprised.

     “I thought you said you weren’t going to come?” you said.

     “You thought.” Kate said.

     “Agent Kate convinced me to come.” the boss said.

     “Well I’m glad you’re here.” you smiled.

     “Oh yeah,sorry. Um..come in,come in” you opened the door more so they could step in. Kate walked in and sat on your bed. Your boss walked in only to see the delicious pizza on the table.

     “Mmmmm. Can I have some. Please,please,please!! I’m starving I didn’t eat anything since I got off the plane.” your boss said making his way to the box of pizza. You blocked him.

      “Awe.” he pouted. You and Kate giggled when seeing the old man act like this.

     “Alright,fine………but me first!” you turned around and ran to get the slice of pizza you were about to eat a few minutes ago. You bit down on the pizza and instantly fell in love with the flavor. Kate walked and sat on the table grabbing a slice. Your boss grabbed the whole box and jumped on L.Joe’s bed starting to eat like a pig.



 

Once you all finished eating and had some laughs, you asked a question that got everyone quiet.

 

   “What? Why did you get all quiet? I just asked how was Seoul.” you said.  At that moment L.Joe had come back and was now eavesdropping against the closed door.


 

No one said anything for a while.

   

   “You know how the criminals we’ve been chasing had stolen various expensive items?” Kate finally spoke.

 

   “Yes,I know, they're wanted in all South Korea.” you said

 

    “Well,um, we previously found out that they’re wanted in all North Korea to.” she said biting her lip.

 

    “Sooo,what are you trying to tell me? That I should work harder?”

 

    “No, that the criminals robbed more in North Korea than South Korea, but I have this feeling that-”

 

    “They robbed North Korea’s most most expensive things and not also that but they robbed North                                             Korea more than South Korea. And North Korea found out that they were from South Korea, so now they’re mad?” you said trying to fit the puzzle pieces together.

 

    “ No it’s worse North Korea and South Korea are at war,they think Seoul sent them there to steal. But I still don’t understand why the criminals would come here.” she said.

 

    “You have a point there, I mean, why would they come to the states?” you said frowning.

 

    “They’re planning something big, I know it.” she said.

 

    “Either that or they’re being cowards and came here to hide.” the boss said after being quiet for so long, you almost forgot he was there.

 

    “So that would mean,..........robbing the bank would just be a distraction.” you said fitting the puzzle pieces together.

 

     “Yup, and we’re the ones who have to stop it. Although I’m a bit sad we weren't able to stop the war,though.” the boss said.

 

     “Anyways how’s it going with L.Joe,the player.” kate said trying to change the subject.

 

     “Haven’t seen him all day.” you said not caring.

 

     “Wouldn’t it be romantic.” she said in a dreamy voice.

 

     “What?” you asked tilting your head.

 

     “You know, you’re a heartbreaker,he’s a heartbreaker.”  she said looking up as if she were imagining how it would all go.

 

     “So,what about it?” you said crossing your arms.

 

     “You both try hard breaking eachother’s heart that you both end up falling in love.” she said in a daydreamy voice.

 

     “That’s absurd,ridiculous,STUPID.” you flicked forehead making her stick her tongue out at you. Your boss chuckled.

 

     “Boss I’m pretty sure you weren’t supposed to hear that.” you said making a ‘you could get out now’ face.

 

     “How come now? I’m almost like your father,in fact call me Uppa.” he said smiling. You couldn’t help but to smile.

 

     “Okay,uppa .” you grinned.

 

    

     “Hey, I’m back.” L.Joe said opening the door and walked in. ‘Ha like I would ever fall in love with her.’ L.Joe thought. He closed the door and turned around to see his boss,or your uppa, on his bed.

 

     “Boss,Kate glad you’re here.” L.Joe said,but didn’t seem to glad. ‘No this is worse, I just hope this plan works,if not……..ugh just don’t think about it. The gang and I are gonna be rich and we’ll get away with this,yeah. Just think happy thoughts.’ he bit his lip.

 

      “So,It’s getting a bit dark,um, are you gonna-?”

 

      “No,it’s fine,we got an apartment next door.” the boss said.

 

      “Well,um,goodnight Kate,goodnight uppa.” you said.

 

They said goodnight and left. L.Joe closed the door behind them. You jumped on your bed. He turned to look at you and gave you a smirk.

 

      “Wanna check out the hotel theater?” he said leaning against the door.

 

      “Um,sure.” you said a bit surprised by his question. ‘I’ve never seen him act like this,mm maybe he’s trying to make me fall in love with him and then……….break my heart. Well no,I WILL win! Hehehe I will have the last laugh. No one breaks hearts like I do.’ you smirked at your thought and your dry lips.

 

       “I see you’re thinking about kissing me.” he his lips evilly.

 

       “So you do want to kiss me?” you raised a brow.

 

       “As if.” he scoffed. You smirked.

 

       “Can we go now?” you asked.

 

       “Ladies first.” he opened the door gestured for you to leave first.

 

       “I wonder what we’re gonna see.” you murmured. L.Joe caught what you said. ‘You have no idea what will happen tonight’ he thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry it took so long to update. It's back to school for me so I won't update so fast.