Chapter 5 : A Day of Work

Undefeatable Heartbreakers

       You woke up at 4 in the morning. You got dressed in the bathroom and took your backpack full of equipment with you. You thought of leaving a note for L.Joe, but why would he care about where you're going? You got out and took the elevator to the first floor. You walked toward to a girl behind a desk.

        "Um excuse me, could I please have a job?"you asked kindly. The girl stopped typing and gave you a smile.

        "Sure, you're lucky we only have one spot left. It's for a custodian, are you okay with that?"she handed you a job application.

        "Yes that's perfect."you said happily. You filled in the application and gave it back to her.

        "Great! So here is your uniform and you'll start work tomorrow at 5 in the morning."she said handing you your nicely folded uniform.

        "Tomorrow?! No I want to start work today."you said.

        "Wow, I've never seen anyone wanting work so badly, but then again the economy's pretty bad in money right now."she said. You looked at her name tag which said,Veronica. 

        "Listen um..Veronica, I don't want this job for money. I'm an undercover agent."you said to her a bit quietly. 

        "Yeah, and I'm a unicorn."she responded quickly. 

        "No really I'm not kidding."you took out your undercover agents badge and showed it to her. 

        "Wow you really weren't kidding. " she said admiring your golden badge.

        "So Vero, can I call you that?"you said putting the badge away. 

        "Yeah."she said sounding interested in what you're saying. 

        "Okay so Vero, is there any way I can start work today?"you asked.

        "No sorry,it's the boss's rules."she said. You sighed, but then remembered something. 

        "Vero, do you know where's the nearest bank?"you asked her.

        "Yeah,you go outside turn right, then walk straight and turn right at the corner, then you walk 3 blocks down and there you'll see it."she said.

        "Okay thanks!"you said putting your uniform in your backpack.  You walked outside and followed her directions. It was early so there wasn't as much people on a regular day.

     When you got there you talked to the manager if you could install hidden cameras. He said yes after he saw your badge. He said his name was Luhan. He was really kind to you, and you felt like you could trust him.

 

 

 

 

So what did you think of this chapter? :D