Chapter 1: The beginning

Undefeatable Heartbreakers

You were at a meeting with your boss and other young agents from all around the world. Everyone was chatting. The boss walked in and everyone went quiet .

     "Alright agents we have had more robberies than ever coming from the same group. Mostly in places that haven't been robbed. Agent K do you have any extra information about this."the boss said to you. Everyone turned to look at you. You stood up from your seat.

    "Yes sir, it seems like as if they're playing a game with us. Whenever they rob from one place,we look there and they end up robbing another place. They recently robbed a poor place so I suggest we look both places. I found evidence when investigating their current robbery." you took an old crumbled paper from a bag and handed it to the boss.

  The boss put his glasses on and read what it had on there.

     “Millennium Broadway Hotel New York, between Times Square and Bank of America.” he read out loud, “and you’re point is?” he asked you.

     “If this is a game then I think we should attack from both sides.” you said making your conclusion.

     “Thank you Agent K, you may please sit down. Alright agents it’s time to assign you to new partners.” he said. Everyone cheered,even you. You sat down and started drinking the cup of water that was next to you while they announced the partners going to different places.

       As you quenched your thirst,you got lost in your thoughts. ‘I wonder who’d be my 100th unlucky boy to get his heart broken.’ you smirked at your thought.(you were still drinking water)

       “And last,but not least, Kim and L.Joe to the hotel in New York.” the boss said. You were so surprised you started choking and then you lost your balance and fell backwards on your chair. Girls started laughing,but the boys helped you up. You turned to see L.Joe smirking at you in a corner.

       “Alright everyone,lunch time!” the boss announced. Everyone rushed out the doors, except for you and the boss.

       “But boss why him?” you asked him.

       “Now Agent Kim, you know I don’t like whiners. And besides you two are competing for my spot, why not add some excitement and competition?” he said.

       “I know,but….he’s a player and I’m a heartbreaker” you said.

       “I said you two were competing for my position not for who would break each others heart first. You know you would think that in a job everything would be serious, but it’s just like you can never get away from all the high school drama stuff. Ugh why can’t you agents be a bit more mature and serious?” he said. You looked at him with an ‘are you serious?’ face at the last part he said.

         “Okay forget the last part,but you get what I’m saying.” he said. Your boss was like a father you never had and you were a little sad that he was gonna retire.

         “I do, whoever breaks the other’s heart first wins.” you said.

         “Not what I meant at all,but if it helps make your investigating easier. Anyways what’s up with that heartbreaking stuff,can’t you just stick with one guy?” he said.

         “But then I’d have to retire.” you said smiling.

         “I don’t know if you got that from you’re unknown mother,but I think it’s a little harsh. Oh well, lunch time’s almost over, you better go get yourself something to eat before they’re all out.” he said

         “I’m not hungry,I’ll be in my room if you need me.” you said heading toward the door.

         “Wait,before you leave,I want you to know that you are like a daughter to me,but don’t brag about it to others. Okay?” he said.

         “Okay” you said smiling, closing the door and leaving him in there. When you got out the first thing you saw was L.Joe standing there smirking at you and his fans glaring at you behind him.

         “Guess you couldn’t get rid of me.” he said crossing his arms.

         “May the best one win.” you said smirking and shoved him making your way to your room.

‘I like this girl’ L.Joe thought as he saw you walking away. Tomorrow you were going to New York,and yes,you were excited….in some way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alright so there's chapter 1. Sorry it took a while,you know how moms are with cleaning. Like seriously, a LOT of chores. Oh well,I hope you like this first chapter.