Chapter 2

What Is He Up To? (Discontinued)

You woke up with a start, wondering if it was all a dream. Was the boy with the voice like silk real? Or did she make it up in her head? You shook your head, trying to clear it, when you noticed the time on your alarm clock. " Oh no! I'm going to be late to school!" You showered and got ready in record time, then raced down the stairs, shouting, "Bye, Mom, have a good day!" 

You ran out the door and immediately skidded to a stop. Your best friend was standing there, arms folded, a look of anger on her face.  " I swear, Sojin, you are going to be the death of me. Are you trying to make us late on the first day of school?"

"Sorry, Jinju. I woke up late."

Jinju sighed, and said with a smile, " Honestly, the things I do for you. Well, come on, we have to run or we'll be late."

...

When you finally reached your school, it was almost time for class to start. You didn't have time to say hi to friends you hadn't seen all summer. The two of you had just barely walked into class when the bell ran, and you had to take a seat. The teacher walked in, and you could tell right off that she would be tough.

" Alright class, lets get started. My name is Mrs. Jackson, and I'll be your homeroom and English teacher for the year." You smiled to yourself, knowing that you wouldn't have any trouble in this class. Your teacher continued, " We have several new students here today, if you all would stand up please." You and Jinju stood up, praying that you wouldn't have to go to the front of the room and introduce yourselves. " As there are so many, you won't have to introduce yourselves to the class. Mrs. Jackson said, and you could feel the students sighing with relief around you. "However, I do hope that you'll be friendly outside of class." 

As she was about to continue, a man, presumably the principal, walked in an said, " Sorry to interrupt, Leah, but you have another student. He just transferred to this school two days ago, so we hadn't had time to place him in a homeroom." Everyone craned their necks to get a glimpse of the new student. You, on the other hand, were completely uninterested as you doodled on a piece of paper, thinking longinly of your bed.

"Oooh, he's cute." Jinju whispered under her breath as she ogled the new guy. You paid no attention; Jinju thought any guy without long hair and stubble was cute.

" Hi, my name is Kim Jongin." Your head snapped up at those words, at the silk voice you thought was only part of a dream. There he stood, the boy who had dragged to into an alleyway and seemed to have a secret.

"So he was real."

" Hmm? You know him?" Jinju asked, looking over at you, and you realized you had spoken aloud.

" Oh, I just... ran into him the other night. No big deal." However, you had spoken too loudly, and he had heard you. Jongin's gaze caught yours, and his eyes widened. He opened his mouth, as if to say something, but your teacher spoke first.

" Okay, Jongin, you can sit. Actually, don't; and the fest of you shouldn't get too attached to your seats either. We have assigned seats in this classroom so you guys can concentrate better." She walked along the rows, shifting students as they goraned and complained. " I don't want to hear it. I know yoyu guys, and you won't focus unless you're with a stranger." As she said this, she reached the spot where you and Jinju were seated. " Sojin, right? You stay here. Jinju, go up and sit with Yuri." Jinju waved goodbye at you feebly and made her way over to the front, where a tiny brunette was sitting.

" Jongin, come here. This is where we'll put you." Jackson said as he came to stand beside you. As Mrs. Jackson moved on, Jongin gazed down at you, a smirk on his lips.

" Well, well. Look who it is. You know, I think you should be more careful if you don't want those guys targeting you. Going to the same school as the guy they almost beat up last night is not a good idea." 

What was going on? Yesterday, he had been so.. concerned. So different. Why was he being such a jerk now? You shrugged and went to sit. " I've been enrolled here since July. Are you sure you're not following me?"

He chuckled and caught a strand of your hair between his fingertips. He tugged lightly, answering your question with another question. " Are you sure you're not following me? I mean, I probably made a lasting impression on you. Are you in love with me or something?"

You pulled away. " In your dreams." You faced front, wondering what had happened in few hours that you had met in the alley and now at school.

Jongin leaned forward, lips grazing your ear, and whispered, " In my dreams? In your wildest imaginations."

You turned sharply, a retort on the tip of your tongue, when Mrs. Jackson's voice rang out. 

" Jongin, Sojin, keep the flirting to a minimum. And remember; no PDA in the halls, please." Laughter commenced as you face forward, face burning. Jongin laughed quietly.

"We'll be discreet ma'am."

Laughter rang out once again as you thought bitterly.

"This is going to be a long year."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Second chapter, FINISHED! I know, its a little boring, but you have to set up the story, so.... sawwy? :D anyway, more tomorrow!