Chapter 1

What Is He Up To? (Discontinued)

" Honey, can you run out for some milk? I forgot to get some the other day, and I need it for baking this weekend." 

You looked up from playing with your little sister. You got up and put on your coat, saying. " Yeah, okay. Dad, you want anything?"

"Yeah, some coffee so I can get through preparing for this business meeting."

" Sure thing."

Your little sister bounced up to you, spitting out questions so fast you could barely keep up. " Where are you going? Are you gong to a friend's house? Can I come too? What-" She was cut off when your mother scooped her up and kissed her cheek. 

" Calm down, Mina, she's just going to the store to pick up a few things. Besides, you should be in bed. You're too exited for this late at night." Mina pouted, but waved happily as her mother took her upstairs.

" I'll be back soon." You called to your father, still stationed in the living room.

" Don't stay out too late; you have school tomorrow." He replied, not glancing up from his papers.

...

"I'd better hurry, it's really late." You thought as you hurried through the streets. People were still out and about, but you knew that the partiers would be taking over, as soon as the not-so-crazy people retired for the night. As you continued to walk back home, you noticed that there wasn't a single soul around. You stopped. "That's wierd. I didn't think it was this late at night. I must've taken longer than I thought." Suddenly, you could hear loud voices up ahead. As you continued up your street, the voices got louder, and then someone was running towards you. You didn't have any time to think when a boy grabbed you around the waist, one hand on your mouth, and dragged you into a nearby alley. You struggled, trying to scream, get loose from the strager who held you. The voices outside the alley were shouting, and running toward your hiding spot. 

The boy spoke. " Keep quiet; I'm not going to hurt you, but these guys will. Just stay quiet until they're gone. Please?" As he spoke, you unconciously relaxed. This boy was your age! But... what was he running from? The two of you stared at the entrance to the alley, watching to see if you had been found. With a clatter and shouting, a group of guys ran past, and the boy pulled you closer towards him as he shrank against the wall. You waited for a few tense minutes, waiting for the shouting to return, but it did not. You broke free from him, and turned furiously.

" Why did you do that? I was just minding my own business!"

The boy stared at you unfathomably for a long time. Then, he replied. " You were nearby, and I ran towards you. If they saw even a single bystander near me, they would try to hurt that person. Besides, you're a girl, out late at night. Who knows what they would've done to you."

"Good point." You shivered inwardly, and replied smoothly. " Fair enough. But I don't even know who you are, much less what you look like. How could they think you had anything to do with me?" The boy stepped into the lamplight, and you held back a gasp. Even with bad lighting, this boy was gorgeous. Chocolate skin, and eyes that made you feel like they could see into your soul.

" Jongin. My name is Jongin." You also just noticed that his voice was like silk. You had a hard time speaking as you stuttered.

"S-Sojin. Um, can I ask... How do you know that they won't look for me now?"

Jongin smiled slightly. "I don't think they got a very good look at you. Be on your gaurd, though. If no one suspicious is hanging around after a week, you'll probably be fine." He suddenly looked at his watch. " I need to go, and someone's probably expecting you back home, right? Just be careful." With that, he darted out of the alley, and ran in the direction that he had come in.

" Wait! Why were they-?" But it was too late. " After...you?" You mumbled under your breath as you gathered up your bags. You looked up at the night sky, and as you went on your way, thought, "What a mysterious boy."