Chapter 8

What Is He Up To? (Discontinued)

Finally, Saturday had come. That morning, you put on jeans and a blue tank top and your favorite pair of Keds. You threw on a light sweater as you bade your parents goodbye.

As you ran outside, you noticed Jongin sitting on a low wall outside of your home. He stood as you walked up to him, a troubled look on his face.

"Look, Sojin, maybe this isn't such a good idea- you going around with Jungkook. Here, on Monday we'll talk to Mrs. Jackson. You can work with Jinju on this project. That'll make things much easi-"

You shushed him gently. "Jongin, I'll be fine. If what happened three days ago happens again, I'll tell you. I can take care of myself." You paused, then looked up at him with a question in your eyes. "You never told me why they tried to hurt me, and why you don't trust them. Do you know them?"

Jongin stiffened, avoiding your gaze. "I don't want to talk about it. Just stay away from them."

You pulled away, frustration in your eyes. "What am I supposed to do with that? Trust goes both ways, you know." Your voice softened. "Why are you being so mysterious? Don't you trust me?"

Jongin met your gaze, his eyes sad. "I do trust you. I just don't know what I'll do if you decide you don't trust me."

Disappointed, you pulled away, saying, "I'll see you later."

Jongin watched you walk away, his mind full of unease.

...

Moments later, you had reached the school, where Jungkook stood waiting. As you approached, he muttered, "It's about time. Come on, we've got a lot to see."

You fell into step beside him, both of you lost in your own thoughts. Finally, Jungkook spoke up.

"Listen...I'm sorry about what my friends did to you the other day, especially V. It was out of line, and I should've put a stop to it."

You glanced up at him, surprise written across your face. "It's okay, but... why did they do it? What do they want with me? What do they have to do with Jongin?"

Jungkook glaced down at you curiously. "You think I can tell you? Not chance." Abruptly, he changed the subject. "Come on, we have to see a lot of places to day, and this is the only time we can get it done."

Reluctantly, you followed, your mind full of questions about the connection between Jongin and BTS

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a short chapter to keep things going... I might not be able to update tomorrow, so you'll have to wait a bit. Sorry!

To all new subbies... welcome to my awkwardly written story! Thanks for subscribing, it means a lot to me.

XOXO, Ginger