Chapter 10

What Is He Up To? (Discontinued)

Jongin POV

Jongin was watching as this whole scene occured, and he really wanted to step in, to teach BTS a lesson about leering at you in that way, but he knew Sojin would want to handle things on her own. Besides, he had no idea what was going on, and could only watch from the classroom doorway.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't notice Jinju beside him until she spoke.

"Hey...Sojin's leaving. I told her not to mess with those BTS guys. Did you happen to hear what they said to her? Did she look upset?"

Jongin shook his head. "Her back was to me, and I couldn't hear anything. Come on, let's make sure she's okay." But before either of them could leave the classroom, Mrs. Jackson called them back.

"Jongin! Jinju! Come here; I have something to discuss with you."

...

Mrs. Jackson had kept them for nearly an hour, just to discuss the fact that the two of them were at the top of the class. As she droned on about being an example to others, it had begun to rain, and Jongin was getting antsy.

When Jackson finally released them, Jinju told him that she couldn't go and see Sojin with him. "My parents are having dinner together, and I have to babysit my little brother." Jinju shrugged apologetically.

Jongin hesitated. "That's fine, but I don't think I should just let you go home alone."

Jinju smiled. "I'll be here for another hour. Tao has a detention. Apparently, he punched a guy for saying rude things to a girl."

"Tao? But isn't he nonviolent?"

"He is nonviolent, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have a temper." Jinju replied. "He's never gotten into a fight in school before; that guy must've said some really vulgar things. The point is," she continued, "I think I'll be fine."

Jongin laughed and ruffled Jinju's hair. "Thanks, Jinju."

As he turned and ran through the rain, Jongin could distinctly hear Jinju shouting, "Go get her, loverboy!" through the rain.

...

You had miraculously managed to get home just before the rain started, and was only a little wet. You quickly changed into an oversized tshirt and shorts, and had bundled your slightly damp hair in a bun before throwing your school clothes into the dryer. You were just about to sit down and do some homework when you heard a knock on your door.

'Thats wierd. I thought Mina was sleeping over at a friend's house, and Mom and Dad are at work and won't be coming home til late."

Nevertheless, she walked to the door and opened it. There stood Jongin, soaking wet and shivering. "Hi, Sojin."

You gasped, "Oh my God, Jongin, come in! You're soaked through, you must be freezing!" You led him in and grabbed a towel. "What on earth are you doing here?"

"I had to see you." He siad as you attacked him with the towel. "I had to make sure- ouch! That's my ear, Sojin!- I had to make sure those bullies didn't say anything rude to you."

"Well, that'll have to wait a bit." You replied, leading him into the guest room. "You can take a shower in here, and I'll get you some clothes. My dad's a bit bigger than you, so you might have to roll the sleeves up, but I think you'll be fine."

"Thanks."

"No problem. I'll be right back, I'm going to make some food to warm you up."

Jongin chuckled. "She's acting like a mother hen." His thoughts were cut off as he caught sight of your outfit, legs long and smooth underneath your oversized tshirt, short barely showing past the hem. He turned his back on you, hurrying to the showers to hide his blush.

...

You were just cooking up a pot of tomato soup, a family favorite, when you remembered that you needed to bring Jongin a change of clothes. You hurried into your parents room and grabbed some sweatpants and a long sleeved tshirt. Then you went into the guest room and set the clothes on the bed. 

"Jongin? Don't come out yet, I-"

But it was too late. In a rush of steam, Jongin stepped out of the shower, a towel loosely tied around his waist. Automatically, your eyes fell to his chest and well defined abs, and you blushed bright red.

"I-um, sorry, I just... forgot your clothes." You said, gesturing weakly to the pile on your bed. "Sorry!" You squeaked, and bolted from the room.

...

When Jongin finally emerged from the guest room, you were determined not to look at him. Instead, you stood at the stove, keeping your eyes firmly locked on the slowly bubbling soup. You stiffened slightly when a pair of arms slid around you, and he rested his chin on your shoulder.

"You won't find the meaning of life in that pot, Sojin. Look at me." Jongin whispered in your ear, and you slowly turned around to face him, keeping your eyes on the ground. Jongin chuckled at your refusal to look at him. "It's really no big deal, Sojin. Don't worry so much. I shower in a locker room full of guys, and if I can deal with their evaluation of me, then you can deal with a brief glimpse of my chest. Relax."

Blushing, you brushed past him. "Anyway, the food's done. It's a family recipe, and everyone says I prepare it the best." You said, placing a bowl full of soup at the table. The two of you sat, and Jongin lifted a spoonful to his lips, and you found yourself wondering what it would be like to kiss him...

"No! Stop it, Sojin! He's off limits; he's your friend!"

You cleared your throat. "So... how is it?"

Jongin glanced at you, a sly grin on his face. "Absolutely horrible. Why did you feed this poison to me?!?!"

You scoffed. "Please. Try my mother's soup before you call mine 'poison'."

Jongin laughed. "It's awesome. Thanks for taking care of me after the rain, even though the reason I'm here is because of you."

"So what is this about, anyway? Why would you feel the need to walk through the rain to see me?"

"I saw your little discussion with BTS and Jungkook. Couldn't hear a word of it, though, and I figured that you'd want to fight your own battles, so I didn't interfere. But I had to know if you were upset or if those jerks said anything to you."

You blinked at him, surprised. "That's...sweet of you. But no, they didn't say anything to me. Well, " you amended, "Nothing that I wasn't expecting." You sighed. "Looks like you were right about Jungkook."

You stopped, looking at him. "You're looking pretty pale. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, don't worry about it." He tried to get up, but you grabbed his arm, and held a hand to his forehead.

"Jeez, Jongin, you're burning up! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to worry you..."

"And go home only to collapse halfway there? Um, no. Come on; I'll take care of you."

...

Soon enough Jongin was asleep in the guest room, and you were soaking a few wrags to place of his forehead. You'd given him some medicine, and hopefully that would be enough to get his fever down.

You walked into the guest room, wrags in hand, when Jongin suddenly moaned in pain. You went to his side, where he was shifting restlessly, a frown on his still sleeping face. 

"Jongin. Jongin. Wake up!" You said, shaking him lightly, but he still wouldn't wake. Instead, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you forward until you had to kneel in front of the bed. You tried to get free, but he wouldn't let go. You gently smoothed his frown away with your fingertips, and his expression smoothed over. 

Slowly, he woke up, blinking in the lamplight. "What...?" He said, looking like he was going to drop off any minute.

"Shh, you just had a nightmare or something. Go back to sleep." You whispered.

"You're cold." He said softly. "Come here." 

"I can just get a blanket, it's oka-" Jongin ignored you and pulled you up into the bed and under the covers. He brought you in close, his hand curling around yours and his face burrowing into your neck as he fell back asleep.

You lay there, stiff and unable to fall asleep, or even focus. The only thing you could think about was Jongin, pressed up against you, Jongin, his hand entwined in yours, Jongin, Jongin, Jongin....

And with that mantra repeating through your head, you slowly fell asleep, Jongin's steady breathing leading you to dreams.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before I say anything else, I must apologize for not updating sooner. School started, I got a cold, and besides not even being able to think past my pounding headache, had a serious case of writer's block. So...

I'M SOOOO SORRY TT__TT

So I'll make it up to you somehow. Hopefully I'll have another chapter up this week, and if I don't, there is no excuse.

On another note, I think this is the longest chapter I've written so far. So comment! (I'd like to hear your feedback!) And please subscribe...I may not be consistent with my updates, but I think some action is going to occur in the next few chapters.

XOXO, Ginger