Chapter 6

What Is He Up To? (Discontinued)

EXO had gotten used to having Jinju and Sojin around. Whether it was at school or out and about, the girls were never not in the company of at least one friendly face. Most of the boys had gotten used to Jongin as well, with the exception of Kris. However, even Kris could see that Jongin deeply cared about his new friends, and seemed to genuinely want to change.

The big group was hanging out in the courtyard where they had first met, the girls laughing at the boy's jokes and having fun. Tao was draped across Jinju's shoulders, watching Sehun being chased by Chen and Baehyun. You were sitting a few paces away, lost in your own little world as you read quietly. You were so absorbed that you didn't even notice Lay come up behind you and sit down. You only looked up when he rested his chin on your shoulder, looking down at your book. When you looked up, startled, he simply smiled and took the book from you. He shifted until he was beside you, then began reading in his soft, soothing voice. You felt your eyelids closing, and you soon fell asleep, leaning against Lay's shoulder. Lay's voice got softer and softer, until he, too, was fast asleep.

Nearby, Jongin was watching you, not hearing a word Luhan was saying next to him. When he saw you asleep, his eyes softened, and an unconcious smile made its way onto his face.

"So, there was this girl that asked me for your number the other day, but I said no." Luhan babbled on. "Thank me! I mean, everyone knows you're set on Sojin..."

Jongin whipped his head around, the tips of his ears flaming red. "What?!? Who told you that?"

Luhan laughed. "It's so obvious. Everyone can see the way you look at her. Actually, I think that's why Kris is being a little friendlier. We all think you left your last school to get away from BTS, but when you met her, you decided not to have anything to do with that stuff."

Jongin looked down, embarrased, and Luhan laughed again. "Dont worry! Everyone here knows you like her, except for Sojin herself. We won't tell her."

Jongin looked towards the place where you and Lay were sleeping. "It doesn't matter how I feel." He muttered. "She has no clue."

"No clue. And if I tell her I like her, then she'll find out about what BTS wants with Jinju and Tao. She'll be in danger."

Out loud, he said, "I can't tell her. At least not yet."

...

The sun was going down when the group decided to head home. Lay had been roused, but you still slept on. 

"Should we try and wake her up?" Chanyeol rumbled.

"Don't you dare!" Jinju replied fiercely. "She looks too cute sleeping like this. Someone will just have to carry her home." She had a sly glint in her eyes as she added casually, "Anyone live nearby?"

Jongin stepped forward."I do. I'll take her." He scooped you up bridal style, tucking you into his arms as if you were made of air. As he turned and started walking, Luhan and Jinju exchanged high fives, giggling when Jongin called out, "I can see you smirking behind my back."

As he walked, Jongin glaced down at your face. You slept like an angel, a small smile on your face. Not able to stop himself, he caressed your face, and you shifted, pressing yourself into his chest.

When he reached your home, he softly called your name. You woke up slowly, blinking in confusion at your surroundings. Suddenly, your eyes widened, and you looked up to see Jongin staring down at you. You scrambled out of his arms, turning to face him.

"Why didn't you just wake me up?" 

"Jinju said you looked too cute to wake up, and I live the closest to you." Jongin replied. Feeling suddenly shy, you looked down, letting your hair act as a curtain between the two of you. 

Very quietly, you said, "Thank you." 

Reaching out a hand to tuck back your hair, Jongin met your gaze, a smile tugging at his lips. "See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah..."

He turned and slowly walked into the darkness, and you put a hand up to feel the heat in your cheeks.

"Why did I suddenly get so embarassed?" You turned and went inside, still feeling the surge of warmth that Jongin had left.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everybody! This chapter was just a little drabble, before the big stuff begins ;) And yes! the mysterious and evil gang that is known as BTS wants Jinju and Tao! *gasps* but why???? I guess you'll just have to keep reading.

Aaand lets just face facts here, BTS is a bunch of incredibly cute dorks. But we have to have a plotline, so the bad guy is necessary....

Thanks for reading!

-ginger