Chapter 9

What Is He Up To? (Discontinued)

The day had been long and full of sightseeing, and you and Jungkook were exhausted.The two of you found a small cafe and quickly ordered coffees to regain some energy. As you sipped your coffee, you thought about the day.

"I saw some lovely places today, but Jungkook is still as quiet and unapproachable as ever. I wonder what he's thinking under that stoic facade?"

As you mentally recounted your day, you grabbed your camera and began flipping through pictures of all the places you'd visited. "All of these places are absolutely gorgeous, Jungkook. I just don't have any place that's my favorite."

"We've seen almost all of the city already. Is there a place that you hang out with your friends or something?" Jungkook replied, somewhat impatiently. you began to shake your head, but then stopped, thinking. Suddenly you stood, slapping a few bills on the table, and grabbed Jungkook's hand,

"Wha-"

"Come on, Jungkook! I know just the place, and we're nearby too!" You said as you dragged him through the streets. Jungkook followed, cursing as he stumbled after you.

Abruptly you stopped, and Jungkook ran straight. You fell, his momentum and your grip on his hand working against you. When you opened your eyes, you were staring into Jungkook's. He was positioned on top of you, hands on wither side of your head. Your eyes widened, and you let out a nervous laugh.

Silently, Jungkook rolled off of you and helped you up. You brushed the dirt off your clothes and walked down the alley that led to your favorite place. It was the courtyard where you had met EXO, and where you hung out with Jinju and Jongin.

The sun was just starting to set, and it made the pink, red, yellow, and orange flowers look like they had been set on fire. The trees made a canopy for the center of the courtyard, and this is where you sat.

"I can't believe I didn't think of it before. This is my favorite place." You announced. Quietly, Jungkook sat next to you, taking in his surroundings, a slight smile on his face, You reached for your camera, and Jungkook went to stand out of the way. You waved him off, saying, "I don't mind if you're in the picture. Besides, then Mrs. Jackson will know you've really been showing me around." Nodding, he lapsed back into position, lying back against the tree.

It took you a while to find the right angle, but when you finally made your way back to Jungkook, he had fallen asleep. He looked so innocent. Sleep had smoothed out all of the hard angles in his features, and on impulse, you snapped a picture before waking him up.

...

When you reached your house, you turned to Jungkook. "Look, I know my friends and yours aren't on the best terms, and I don't know why. Still...I think you're really nice, and I want us to be friends. Can we?"

As he looked down at you, he looked almost sad, but then his face closed up, and he was back to his usual unreadable expression.

"No. We can't be friends."

And he turned and left you staring at his shadow.

...

Walking to class the next morning, you didn't spare Jungkook a single glance, and Jongin couldn't help but feel smug at the obvious display of the could shoulder. But when you sat next to him, Jongin's look of superiority quickly turned into concern.

"Are you okay, Sojin? You look dead tired."

You smiled at him faintly. "Just a little tired. I had to stay up late to finish the project."

Jongin smiled sympathetically and said, "Then sleep. I'll take notes for you."

You thanked him and put your head on the desk as the lesson began.

...

The next thing you knew was Jongin shaking you awake. "Jackson's handing back project grades."

You sat up and tried to look alert as Mrs. Jackson reached you.

"Excellent job, Sojin. You and Jungkook were very good at explaining why your location was your favorite."

You looked through your essay, your eyes landing on a highlighted section.

This little courtyard is my favorite place because I can be with the people I love there.

Next to it was the teacher's comments: "This sentence is nealry identical to something Jungkook wrote. I'm glad to see that you two worked together so well!"

"This isn't right." You whispered, and Jongin looked over your shoulder at the paper.

"What's wrong with working together well?"

"Nothing. It's just that we didn't actually work together on this. We had a little...falling out."

"Why did Jungkook say that he loved that place? I'm almost sure he's never been there before."

You decided that you'd just have to ask Jungkook himself.

...

"Jungkook!"

After class, you ran after Jungkook, determined to catch him. But he was already with his friends when you caught up with him.

When V saw you approaching them, he grinned and moved forward. "Come back for more? You're just in time. I need a little stress relief."

"Shut up, V." said Jungkook. V sneered, but didn't say anything else. Jungkook turned to you. "What do you want?"

You squared your shoulders. "To talk about the project. We didn't work together. So why did you say the courtyard was where you could be with the ones you-"

"Loved?" Jungkook interrupted. "You think I was telling the truth about that old courtyard. Or" -and here his voice became malicious- "Did you think I was talking about you? Some hidden message that I wanted to be friends with a stupid girl like you?" His friends laughed, and they turned and were swallowed up by the crowd as you stood there.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ugh, awful ending, I know. *Sigh*

Just forewarning, school starts soon, and that means less time to update. (AND I'm not so good at updating regularly anyways >.<) It's hard to get inspiration! For those of you going back to school, I feel your pain.

Also, I'd like to welcome and thanks all new subbies. You guys are awesome!

Speaking of thanking people, I'd like to thank my fellow fanfiction addict and sister, Captinmouse, for reading over and correcting all mistakes in these chapters. Honestly, it's like I've completely forgotten grammar (-.-;)

Bye cuties!

XOXO, Ginger