Chapter 4

What Is He Up To? (Discontinued)

The next day, you went to school, dreading another day of taunts and teasing, putting you at the mercy of Kim Jongin. However, when you entered the classroom, the mysterious boy was nowhere to be found. Feeling slightly disappointed and not knowing why, you approached Jinju's desk, where she was chatting with an unfamiliar boy. 

"Hi, Jinju." You said as you walked up behind the unknown boy. He turned, startled, and you immediately flinched back. He had black hair and dark circles around his eyes, and he emitted a menacing aura. You wondered what he would want with a sweet girl like Jinju.

" Hi!" Jinju squealed, but then noticed the look on your face. "Oh, sorry! This is my cousin, Tao. Tao, this is Sojin. Tao's in the grade above ours. Don't let his face decieve you; he's a total sweetie! Right, Kung Fu Panda?" She added, giving him a hug. 

Tao smiled. "Sure you're right." His voice surprised you; it was soft and gentle, not what you expected at all. Tao continued. "She calls me Kung Fu Panda because I practice wushu, but I'd never use my skills on another person. It's just self defense, in case my cute cousin gets herself into trouble."

Jinju pouted, and hit him lightly on the arm. "I never get myself into trouble!"

Tao laughed. "I know, but this is just in case. Anyway," he changed the subject, " I have to get to class. It was nice meeting you, Sojin."

Tao POV

As I passed through the doorway, my shoulder collided with someone's. I immediately apologized, but continued on my way, detemined to get to class on time. Dark skin and even darker eyes flashed by, and I froze, then turned slowly.

"Could it be...?"

Yes, there he was; Kim Jongin, also known as Kai. "What is Kai doing at this school? He has to have a reason for tranferring... so what is it?"

I shook off the foreboding feeling, thinking that maybe it was a coincidence. Still, I decided that I would keep an eye out for my cousin and her friend from now on.

...

Noticing the small exchange, you and Jinju glanced worriedly at one another. You wondered why Tao looked so alarmed to see Jongnin there.

Suddenly Jinju whispered excitedly, "Look, he's coming over here!"

As Jongin approached, you braced yourself for some snide comment. Instead, all you heard was, "Sorry."

Surprised, you glanced up into Jongin's earnest gaze. Encouraged, he continued. " I'm sorry about yesterday. I was nervous yesterday, and was taking things out on you. That was wrong of me. Can you forgive me?"

But you could only blink up at him in shock.

At your lack of communication, Jongin's shoulders slumped, and his eyes dimmed. "Guess not."

He turned and made his way slowly back to his seat. Immediately, Jinju turned to you and said, "That was rude. I mean, he totally deserved it, but couldn't you be a little more nice about it? He looked like a kicked puppy!"

Coming to your senses, you hurried to your seat and sat down tentatively. Jongin refused to look at you, instead pretending to be fascinated with some book. Quietly, you spoke. "I'm sorry for being so rude just then. It wasn't me not forgiving you; I was just surprised. And don't worry about apologizing either; I get it. You're forgiven."

Finally, Jongin glanced up, a blindingly white smile gracing his handsome features. "Thank you." He said sincerely. "So... friends?" He held out a hand. Smiling you took it.

"Friends."

You shook hands, and then Jongin pulled you in for a hug. You tensed at the skinship, but then relaxed. You felt surprisingly safe in his arms, like you could stay there forever. Slowly the two of you withdrew as the teacher walked in

"Alright class, settle down."

You faced forward, a shy smile on your face, and you knew he was smiling too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the delay! But now you get two chapters instead of one :D Enjoy!