Uncertainty

Operation Salvage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks so much for helping out, Taengoo. I don’t know what I’ll do without you!” Yoona said, as Taeyeon and Yoona looked through Yoona’s music library for the songs that were to be played during the wedding reception.

“It’s no problem at all! What are friends for?” Taeyeon replied cheerily.

“Really am so grateful for you!” Yoona said, before giving Taeyeon a bear hug. Taeyeon hugged back tightly and the two best friends shared a silent moment. It was a while before they both let go.

“Aigoo. I wonder how things will change after marriage.” Yoona wondered out loud.

“It’s hard to imagine, isn’t it? When I was young, I thought marriage was just wearing a wedding gown and going through the ceremony. Little did I know what marriage entails.” Taeyeon said thoughtfully.

“Exactly! I guess you never know what marriage will be like until you have experienced it.”

“If only marriage was just as simple as wearing a wedding dress!”

“Yes! And that there are off days for married life.”

“Aigoo, Taecyeon would be hurt if he heard that! He’d probably want to stick with you all the time.” Taeyeon teased.

“Hahaha well, I just didn’t know of the hard work needed before I could wear the wedding dress.”

“Yoona-ah, there’ll probably be lots of things happening in the future. From what I heard, married life definitely isn’t easy, so you shouldn’t be so pessimistic now, alright?” Taeyeon said worriedly.

“Alright. It’s just hard not to think of all these right now… How about you, Taeyeon? Do you have any thoughts of getting married soon?” Yoona asked.

“Hmm… well, looking at you being all busy preparing for your wedding, yes. I did think about it.”

“So, did you and Wooyoung talk about marriage?”

“Haha, no way!”

“Huh? Why?”

Taeyeon hesitated for a while, before she finally sighed. “I don’t know why either. I guess we’re just avoiding the topic. It’s hard for me to ask him about it because I know he still feels bothered about what happened last time. And I have to think about my parents as well. Or just maybe, I lack the courage to face marriage once again.” Taeyeon said, biting her lip.

“It’s hard for me to say anything because I’m not in your situation. But like you always told me to, talk to Wooyoung about it soon. You can’t escape that topic forever. I bet Wooyoung feels the same way.” Yoona replied, with concern in her voice.

“Thanks Yoong. I’ll try, but no guarantee. Some things are just so hard to talk about, you know what I mean?”

“Yeah… I know what you mean,” Yoona replied, pausing for a while before continuing, “Taeyeon-ah. I want to call his company and try asking.”

Taeyeon looked at Yoona in surprise before comprehending what she meant. Taeyeon nodded in response. Yoona then walked over to the phone, before dialing a number.

“Yoboseyo? May I speak to Ok Taecyeon please?”

“Taecyeon-sshi? It’s his off day today.”

“But he told me he’s going to work though…”

“Taecyeon isn’t the type of person to work on Sundays right? He hasn’t even worked overtime before.”

“W-what?” Yoona stammered, before she hurriedly put down the phone. Taeyeon looked at Yoona in concern. Tears filled Yoona’s eyes and she stood there for a moment in silence. Yoona then ran towards the front door and ran out of the door without a single word. Taeyeon’s eyes widened and she quickly got up and followed Yoona while calling out for her, slamming the door behind her.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter