Hallelujah chance!

Operation Salvage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s funny how we met in high school but we are still together as friends now, at the age where we are getting married.” Junho commented, as the two watched the slideshow that Junho had prepared for Taecyeon and Yoona’s wedding.

“Yeah, what are the odds? Fate really works in mysterious ways.” Wooyoung replied, smiling.

“When we first met, did you think that we would remain friends for so long?” Junho asked.

“Definitely not! All of us were so different! The first impression I had of you guys were definitely not good!” Wooyoung exclaimed before continuing, “Well it’s always like that, isn’t it? The friends whom we like at the start, we end up losing touch with them.”

“That’s so true… Sigh these old photos always brings back such a nostalgic feeling, no matter how many times you look at them.” Junho said, as the pictures of them in high school flashed past the screen.

‘As I looked at the pictures of Taecyeon and Yoona, I realized that the memories shared between the two of them also brought back the memories I shared with Taeyeon. As the pictures flashed past in chronological order, I could still remember Taeyeon drifting further and further away from me as the days passed by. The pain that I thought I left behind came back to me again, as the memories of losing Taeyeon came back to me. We’ve been through so much to be together but I haven’t been able to bring our relationship to the next level – marriage. She’s someone I know I want to spend the rest of my life with, but there are so many things I haven’t been able to pluck up the courage to face.’

“We ate together before the wedding right?”

“What?” Wooyoung’s train of thought was interrupted. “You mean kimchi jjigae?”

“Yeah. Come to think of it, Yoona seemed like she was forcing herself to be happy that day. Yeah, this was the day.” Junho commented, referring to the picture that was now on the screen.

It was a picture of the five of them at their meal table, with Taecyeon grinning happily and holding up a banner that said ‘I love Yoona the most.’

‘Who would have thought that Taecyeon, who was such a jovial creature, would have to face such pain on his wedding day? Why does he out of all people have to go through such pain? Why is he not able to get happiness when he has always loved Yoona with all his heart? Something’s definitely not right, I’m sure there has been a misunderstanding. If only I could return back to that day and tell him about this and stop this from happening…’

Suddenly, the lights went off, and a bright light that Wooyoung was too familiar with shone on him. The familiar dramatic music also played in the background, and Wooyoung’s eyes widened.

“What the…. I’m imagining things, definitely. It’s probably heat exhaustion, that’s why I’m imagining things. Yes, yes.” Wooyoung muttered feverishly to himself. He quickly took off his blazer and started fanning himself frantically.

“It’s been a while!” a voice sounded from behind him, and Wooyoung jumped out of his seat in surprise.

“Wha-? Wher-? How?” Wooyoung stuttered as his eyes landed on a familiar person he saw a lot of a year and a half ago.

“Yah! How could you destroy such a rare and touching reunion like that?” Minjun pouted.

“N-no, wait, hyung! What are you doing here?!” Wooyoung exclaimed in disbelief. ‘I’m not dreaming, am I? It’s heat exhaustion, I’m sure of it.’

“Yah Jang Wooyoung! It’s not heat exhaustion and you’re not dreaming!” Minjun said, as he walked closer to Wooyoung and flicked his forehead.

“Ouch! Hyuuung!” Wooyoung whined as he rubbed the spot Minjun hit.

“But seriously, hyung, why are you here?” Wooyoung as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter