Ruins

Operation Salvage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YAH JANG WOOYOUNG! Why are you always late for important occasions?” Junho screamed into the phone. Wooyoung pulled the phone away from his ear immediately when Junho screamed.

“I’m sorry! I’ll be there soon!” Wooyoung answered breathlessly as he rushed out of the lobby of the hotel he was staying in. He was running late to the airport where he was supposed to pick Taeyeon up before going to the wedding venue. They were in the Maldives for Taecyeon and Yoona’s wedding which was about to take place in a few hours’ time.

“Youngie!” Taeyeon called as she ran towards Wooyoung with her luggage. She was wearing a baby blue beach maxi dress, complete with a straw hat. Wooyoung then opened his arms to greet his girlfriend. The two shared a brief hug before they started rushing off again.

“Let’s go, we’re running late!” Wooyoung said, grabbing Taeyeon’s luggage and the two rushed out of the airport to flag a taxi.

“Next time, don’t take a flight that arrives just on time!” Wooyoung nagged, once they got on the taxi.

“Alright, I’m sorry! I was really really busy with work!” Taeyeon pouted.

“Wait, Taeng! Are you going to wear that to the wedding?” Wooyoung tilted his head and asked. Taeyeon’s outfit seemed a little too casual for a formal event in his opinion.

“Oh my god, I didn’t realize! Yah, I’m going to have to change now!” Taeyeon said anxiously, looking through her luggage for the pale pink mini dress she was supposed to wear as Yoona’s bridesmaid.

“What? Here?!” Wooyoung exclaimed.

“Where else can I change? And we’re already running late! So help me hold up this scarf to block me and don’t look!” Taeyeon warned.

Still in disbelief, Wooyoung picked up the scarf and held it around Taeyeon, while looking the other way. The windows were tinted so the people outside would not be able to see a thing.

“Taeyeon ah, are you done?” Wooyoung asked as his arms were starting to ache. Hearing no response from her, he turned his head back towards Taeyeon, only to receive a slap from her.

“Yah byuntae! I told you not to look!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Wooyoung and Taeyeon got off the taxi, they quickly ran towards the church hall and tried their best to make their way in to the front row as quietly as possible. Junho, who was in charge of filming the whole ceremony, acknowledged them with an anxious nod.

“We made it on time right?” Taeyeon whispered to Junho.

“No way! You guys were late but that’s besides the problem. The thing is, the ceremony was supposed to have started but they’re not appearing. Since you guys are here, why not we go in and check on them?” Junho replied, with a troubled look on his face.

“Taecyeon!” Wooyoung called, when they spotted him pacing about in the waiting room.

Taecyeon who had a strange anxious look on his face pretended to smile at the sight of his friends. “Oh, glad that you guys are here!”

“What’s taking so long? Is everything alright?” Junho questioned in concern.

“Oh yeah, everything is perfectly fine.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter