A Happy Ending

Operation Salvage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wooyoung slowly opened his eyes, taking a while to adjust to his surroundings. After blinking a few times, he found himself in the wedding reception room in the Maldives, but this time it was not empty; it was full of talking guests!

His eyes widened in surprise and he looked to the front of the room, to see Taecyeon in his smart black suit, and Yoona in a beautiful white gown, complete with a tiara on her head. A smile slowly spread across his face as he finally looked at the screen, where the picture that was taken just moments ago was shown. Everyone was smiling brightly and anyone could see that all five of them were genuinely happy.

At this, Wooyoung felt like he was about to explode with joy and punched his right fist up in victory, shouting, “YESSSSSSSS!!!!!”

He happily shook his fist with a silly grin on his face, not realizing that he got the attention of everyone in the room.

“Yah! What are you shouting for?” Taeyeon, who was beside him, hurriedly pulled his arm down, and hooked her arm onto his to keep it from being raised. She then looked around and bowed her head in apology with a sheepish smile on her face.

“Well, Yoona is sitting there.” Wooyoung said, with the silly grin still on his face.

“Uh… of course, it’s their wedding!”

“Yes it is! And it happened! I did it!” Wooyoung said gleefully.

“What are you talking about… are you okay? Fever perhaps?” Taeyeon asked worriedly, putting her hand against Wooyoung’s forehead.

Wooyoung took the hand on his forehead and placed it down, “No, I’m perfectly fine! You see, if it weren’t for me, Yoona will not be here!”

“Huh?” Taeyeon looked at him in confusion. Before Wooyoung could speak again, the bright white light shone and the dramatic music played, causing Wooyoung to shield his eyes from the brightness.

“Tsk, no matter what you tell her, she won’t know what you’re talking about!” Minjun said, appearing suddenly behind Wooyoung, causing him to jump up in shock.

“Hyung, why do you always appear so suddenly? Make some sound, will you?” Wooyoung complained.

“It’s done on purpose.” Minjun gave an evil grin, earning a look from Wooyoung. “Anyway, you’ve succeeded this time, and managed to save this wedding. Good job!”

“Thank you hyung. I worked so hard for this!”

“I could see, even if you didn’t tell me.” Minjun smiled. “Alright, the next time we will meet will be in Guam. I’m getting bored of the Maldives, I want to go meet new people. So hold your wedding there, I’ll come to visit.”

“Oh no, it’s okay, you don’t have to come especially for our wedding.” Wooyoung said with a straight face.

“Yah! Is that how you treat me after all that I’ve done for you? You ungrateful little brat.” Minjun shook his head dramatically.

“Hehe, just kidding. I’ll think about it.” Wooyoung said, giving a smile.

“That’s more like it.” Minjun said, walking towards Wooyoung.

“Wooyoung-ah, you must give her happiness. And you too, now that happiness is at your door, let it in and may it stay with the both of you for the rest of your lives.”

Touched, Wooyoung suddenly engulfed Minjun in a bear hug. “Thank you, hyung. I will.”

“As touchy as always, tsk.” Minjun commented, before the two guys broke into laughter. After a few moments, the two guys broke apart from the hug and they gave a knowing smile to each other. Minjun then disappeared as the lights again, and everyone unfroze.

There was a tinge of lingering sadness in Wooyoung’s heart after Minjun disappeared, but somehow he knew that he would see him again soon.

--------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung watched as the slideshow went on smoothly. These slideshows always make him feel like he was taking a trip down memory lane; so many precious memories he, Taeyeon, Taecyeon, Yoona and Junho shared. The slideshow finally came to an end, and everyone clapped in response. Taeyeon, who was beside Wooyoung, looked at him weirdl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter