Closer...

Operation Salvage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah, what do we do now?” Junho asked, as Wooyoung and himself sat in his car, watching Taecyeon as he entered yet another café. Unlike the previous time, he only bought one drink.

“Hmm. Let’s try calling him and asking what he’s doing.” Wooyoung suggested, pulling his phone out of his pocket and dialing Taecyeon’s number. The two watched as Taecyeon pulled out his phone, looked at the caller ID, before sighing and pressing the end button.

“Aish, this punk. He ignored my call!” Wooyoung exclaimed.

“What is he up to…” Junho mumbled. Suddenly, Taecyeon stood up and bowed at a person whose face was slightly hidden by a pillar.

“He’s meeting another woman!” Wooyoung nudged Junho, a bit too forcefully.

“I can see!” Junho snapped, rubbing his arm.

“So he’s really cheating on Yoona? I don’t believe it!” Wooyoung frowned.

“I don’t know. But they say men tend to fool around before marriage. I guess even Taecyeon’s not an exception.” Junho said, biting his lip in thought. The woman’s face then became visible as she leaned back on her chair, laughing heartily. Seeing the woman’s face, Wooyoung and Junho let out a huge gasp at the same time.

“How could he!” Wooyoung said dramatically.

“His standards are way too low! How could he go for an ahjumma who looks like his aunt?!” Junho shook his head.

‘Yah, Ok Taecyeon! What are you doing?!’ Wooyoung thought, shaking his head as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re here!” Yoona said, as she opened the door for Taeyeon. They greeted each other with a brief hug, before Yoona let Taeyeon in.

“That smells great! What did you prepare for dinner?” Taeyeon said, as the aroma from the kitchen wafted through the air. The two girls walked to the living room and sat down on the sofa. “Let me guess, kimchi jjigae?”

“Bingo! It’s been boiling for a while now. When the guys come, it should be ready to eat!” Yoona smiled. “Speaking of the guys, where are they? Weren’t they with you?”

Taeyeon then avoided Yoona’s eyes and answered, “Oh, they’ll be here soon. They’re busy doing something now.”

“Ah. Okay then!” Yoona nodded. Even though Yoona seemed to be cheerful, Taeyeon took a closer look at her best girl friend’s face. The lack of sleep she had was evident by the dark circles under her eyes, and she looked really tired.

“Yoona-ah, are you okay? You look really tired.” Taeyeon asked in concern, putting a hand on Yoona’s shoulder.

Yoona looked at Taeyeon, and her expression told Taeyeon that Yoona was considering whether to pour out what was on her mind to her. After a sigh, Yoona then started, “It’s just that I’m really doubtful about marriage now.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well… recently, Taecyeon has been coming home late. He says it’s due to working overtime, but even on his off days, he goes somewhere by himself and leaves me alone. He also leaves me in charge of the decisions regarding the wedding. He doesn’t do his part at all.”

“Ah. I’m sure he has his reasons though…” Taeyeon said, thoughtfully.

“Maybe he does, but sometimes his actions make me wonder what he thinks of me and who he regards me as.”

“Hmm? Are you saying you don’t know how he feels?”

“I don’t know… he always follows what I want, so I thought he really cherishes me and our relationship. But sometimes I feel as if I can’t understand him.” Yoona said, with her head down. Taeyeon could see the frown that Yoona has on her face whenever she’s in deep thought.

“Yoona-ah… If that’s what you think now, I think you should talk to him and tell him about it. If you don’t, it’d probably drag and your doubts will never disappear.” Taeyeon advised.

Yoona looked up at Taeyeon, and bit her lip. “Taengoo, do you ever feel like you can’t ask Wooyoung about certain things?”

Taeyeon looked startled at the sudden question, before she thought carefully. “Yeah… There are a few things we haven’t talked about.”

Yoona nodded with understanding. She knew what Taeyeon meant.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Taecyeon was skipping along a dark alley in Hongdae that was illuminated by many signboards, without realizing that two people he knew very well were following him behind, desperate not to be seen. Taecyeon then turned into a corner, and into a shop. When Wooyoung and Junho saw what Taecyeon had just entered, they gasped in synchonisation again – Taecyeon had just entered a hostess bar.

“Heol! Ok Taecyeon is going too far. It’s not like he has a lot of money!” Junho said, shaking his head for the hundredth time today.

“Aigoo, that jerk. He seriously doesn’t know his limits.” Wooyoung said in exasperation. “Why is he getting so desperate now?”

“I have no idea. I didn’t have this phase when I was getting married.” Junho shrugged.

“But he’s getting married with the girl o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter