Simplicity

Operation Salvage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door opened to reveal a lady the two of them were familiar with – Taeyeon’s mom. Mrs. Kim was shocked to see Wooyoung, and called his name in surprise. It was a long time since Wooyoung had visited, especially after the wedding fiasco, so Wooyoung was definitely an unexpected visitor.

Taeyeon’s dad and brother, Jiwoong, appeared at the door as well with solemn expressions. Wooyoung gave a big bow in greeting. Taeyeon’s sister, Hayeon, then appeared at the back and waved excitedly at Wooyoung. “Hello, Wooyoung oppa! Long time no see!” 

Somehow Wooyoung had a feeling that Mrs. Kim, whose expression had softened, and Hayeon were the only ones who truly welcomed him.

--------------------------------------------------------

Mr. and Mrs. Kim, Jiwoong, Wooyoung and Taeyeon sat in the living room in a silence which was deafening to Wooyoung. Hayeon had gone to bed, because she had school activities the next day. Wooyoung garnered up his courage, taking the first step to break the silence.

“Abeoji, Omeoni, Hyung, it’s been a while.” Wooyoung started, bowing his head in respect. They all remained silent at his greeting.

Wooyoung then continued, “I know I caused a lot of trouble and unhappiness for you on that day. I thought a lot about it and it makes me feel like I have no right to come here anymore, or to face you. I know that no matter how many times I apologize, I won’t be able to erase these painful memories for you or compensate you.

“However, I’m sorry to say this but I don’t regret doing what I did that day, because I didn’t lose the one person who means the world to me. I hope that giving Taeyeon happiness will suffice; because that is something I want to do for the rest of my life. I’m truly,” Wooyoung said, as he got up again and gave a 90 degree bow, “very sorry, for all the unhappiness caused.”

Mr. Kim and Jiwoong had frowns on their faces. Mr. Kim looked especially intimidating for some reason. Mrs. Kim, on the other hand, had a knowing and motherly smile on her face. Hearing those words from Wooyoung in front of her parents, Taeyeon could not help but tear up as well. It was one of the rare times where Wooyoung was very expressive of his feelings, and she never failed to be moved by him.

 “Taeyeon…” Mr. Kim spoke gruffly with a stern expression still on his face. “Taeyeon is our precious daughter. I’m not sure whether you two will be happy together, but it’s Taeyeon’s choice and I respect that. All I want for Taeyeon is for her to be happy. So, Wooyoung, please promise me this, that you will give her happiness for the rest of your life.”

Wooyoung nodded in response, and said with conviction, “I will.”

“I know you can.” Jiwoong finally spoke up, giving Wooyoung thumbs up. Wooyoung smiled gratefully. Jiwoong walked up to Wooyoung and trapped him in a headlock. “Just want to let you know… If you don’t, you die.”

Saying this, Jiwoong tightened his grip on Wooyoung, causing Wooyoung to wince in pain.

--------------------------------------------------------

“I’m sorry for dropping by so suddenly and for making you send us out!” Wooyoung apologized, as Mrs. Kim, Taeyeon and himself walked out of the house.

“Don’t stand on ceremony with me. Come visit us again! Stay for a meal next time.” Mrs. Kim said, waving off Wooyoung’s apologies.

Wooyoung smiled in response and replied, “I will drop by more often.”

“Must Appa be so stern-looking?” Taeyeon asked her mom. “It’s not very like him…”

“Don’t worry about it. He probably only wants to appear that way. I’m pretty sure he’s not as worried as he says he is.” Mrs Kim answered.

“Ah, really? He was really scary though…” Taeyeon commented.

“Well, somehow I’m sure your appa and I knew that Youngie will be the one you will be with in the end.” Mrs. Kim gave a smile, while Wooyoung and Taeyeon looked at each other meaningfully, smiling at each other. By this time, the three of them had walked to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter